Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AriGold

Duncan Keith Suspended For 5 Games

71 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with the decision?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

seems fair to me. I would have loved to see him suspended for longer for my own reasons but in the vid, Shanny explains it pretty well and I can agree.

I think he should have got at least two playoff games as well...Daniel could be out for awhile.

Weak

Bush league NHL doesn't really want to clean up it's act

I figured he'd get more than five after all those tweets about wanting to Keith to have his hearing in person instead of over the phone...

He should also be suspended for the only 4 games the Hawks will play in the post-season as well.

Once again Shanahan drops the ball, he had a chance to send a message loud and clear and only suspends him 5 games.

This is a joke.

Should have been 8 minimum, or 10.

I dont even care about his suspension and how long it is I just want Daniel Sedin back in time for the playoffs even though it seems highly inlikely :(

The only real consequence for Keith is he now has a very ugly black mark on his record and he will now be a repeat offender should he do anything else.

The only way this would have been fair is if his five game suspension would have started on April 11th so basically if he was out of the first round of the playoffs.

The only other way this would be fair is if because of his suspension the Blackhawks choke so bad the rest of their games and miss the playoffs. Then I would be happy with this suspension but as much as I would love that I am not sure its possible..

I'm not "happy" about it, but it's about what I expected.

Had he been a repeat offender (which he will be if it happens again), it would be in the 7-10 range, which is more like what I was hoping for.

I predicted 3-5 and wanted 4-7. Could've been a bit more, but I'll survive with 5. And he's now a repeat offender going forth, so anything else he does from now on will garner more games.

More than I expected considering I often feel the NHL misses the boat on these things. With a hit like this it would be nice if the suspension was 5 games minimum or until Daniel can return to play. Unrealistic maybe but likely more of a deterrent.

Get better Daniel!!

The only real consequence for Keith is he now has a very ugly black mark on his record and he will now be a repeat offender should he do anything else.

Cmon people, take the 'homer' glasses off. 5 is beyond reasonable. It was cheap, dirty and caused injury, but it IMO, wasn't the vicious type that warrants 10+ games....On top of the 5 games loosing 150,000$ is a deterant no matter how much money you make.

Shanny was more than reasonable