The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duncan Keith Suspended For 5 Games

Guest AriGold

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a fan of the Canucks it's frustating, I would have preferred more but in the end it really would not have changed much, we are still without our best player. Let's all hope that the reason Daniel is not playing now is because it's a precautionary measure by the team.

How could anyone be happy with this? He blatantly took out our leading goal scorer. That elbow was on the same level as Bertuzzi going after Moore as far as intent to injure goes.

5 meaningless games for taking out one of the leagues best on the most blatant attempt to injure i've seen in forever and some of you think that's fair. Give me a break.

So Duncan gets a nice little rest while we lose our top scorer for the remainder of the season and playoffs (depending on how deep Vancouver goes).

Way to reward a cheapshot there Brendan.

Every team now knows they have a free pass to knock top players out. If I were in the east I'd be telling my boys to target Sidney's head now... sure you lose a guy for 5 games but hey, not having to deal with Sidney in the playoffs is totally worth it.

Disgusting.

Cmon people, take the 'homer' glasses off. 5 is beyond reasonable. It was cheap, dirty and caused injury, but it IMO, wasn't the vicious type that warrants 10+ games....On top of the 5 games loosing 150,000$ is a deterant no matter how much money you make.

Shanny was more than reasonable

To be honest if it was October instead of March I would not necessary want him suspended for playoff games, I would have still wanted him suspended more games then five though.

The only reason I want him to miss playoff games/or his suspension cost the Blackhawks a playoff spot is because of the fact that its not really costing Chicago anything. If this hit would have been at the start of the hockey season it would be a lot more likely that D. Sedin would be healed in time for the playoffs where now who knows. If he does have a concussion then he could be out for a very long time.

So yes my comment may have seemed to be a bit harsh but if the NHL actually penalized players where it counted (the playoffs) when the incident happened so close to the start of the playoffs then crap like this would stop. Keith targeted our star/best player and as a result gets a pat on the back and told not to do it again. I bet you anything they are laughing so hard in Chicago right now.

Archived