Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

How Good The Canucks Actually Are! Plus Videos!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Poll: How Good The Canucks Actually Are! Plus Videos!

Which First Round Opponent Do You Think The Canucks Will Face?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

The Canucks have played really good throughout the season of 2011-2012. They were off to a usual slow start, but managed to get going with a variety of wins throughout the middle of the season. Unfortunately,they seem to be in a low-scoring slump right now and just can't manage to win and dominate other teams like last year. Sedins and Kesler seem to be in an all-around hockey slump, but still have managed to win games for the team. I am proud of the Canucks as well as every player on the team and hope that they can get their groove back in the final 8 games of the season and prove how good the Canucks actually are! All the best to Danny as well; hope he recovers quickly and efficiently!

The Canucks were amazing last year and we all know it. Throughout the season they topped almost every statistic whether it be Faceoff%, PP%, or Goals Forced and Allowed. They were a team that was hard to beat because they brought skill and motivation to the ice. In the PlayOffs, they went all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals. It was a great year. However, you cannot be the best every year and being the best does not always mean winning the cup in NHL. Any team in the PlayOffs has a chance and just like last year the Canucks will once again enter the PlayOffs for a chance to win the Stanley Cup. Below are videos of just how good the Canucks are. It's not about the star players. It's not about the year. It's not about the fans. It's about the Vancouver Canucks. They were good last year and they will be greater this year. They are a PlayOff team. A team who competes. A team who has a chance. This Is Our Year! The Vancouver Canucks Will Win The Stanley Cup In The Year Of 2012!

This first video is dedicated to the Sedins! They have been great for this franchise and no matter the wins/losses this team has experienced; Henrik Sedin has been a great captain and Daniel Sedin a great supporter and player. These two need to look at these videos and remember the inner strength and magic they have locked inside them. These two exist and I don't think it will be long before we see this kind of stuff in the PlayOffs from the Sedin Twins! Great Job Henrik and Daniel Sedin!

This next video is dedicated to Ryan Kesler. He's not only a great player, but also a great leader and friend. Someone to look up to. Someone who plays the game with heart. Ryan Kesler cannot be thanked enough for what kind of effort he bring when the team steps on the ice. He needs to remember what kind of fire burns inside of him. What he is capable of doing and still can do. He needs to awaken the beast inside of him and I have a feeling the PlayOffs are the perfect time for the Beast to awaken from its slumber!

This next video is dedicated to our #1 goaltender Roberto Luongo. He usually has a really slow start to every season, but plays extremely well from there on. He's been great this season and despite all the criticism and slumps he has to face, he rebounds and does even better. He's one of the best goalies Cancucks have ever had and with Cory Scnneider supporting him from the bench; the Canucks netminders are a hard couple to get through. Without Roberto Luongo, I bet the Canucks wouldn't be here right now. He's been a huge factor to this team and his value is more than any fan can ever imaging. Your friends might say terrible things about him, but look where he has gotten the team to. The SCF is no small thing... depite losing the Finals he made history with a spectacular team. He will always be my motivator and will have the most respect from me. We're going to see some excellent saves from Lu and De-Schneid in the PlayOffs and you can count that as a fact!

This next video is dedicated to the whole Canucks team. They have been great and as fans I think we should support them every step of the way. They carried the name of Vancouver far! All the way to the Stanley Cup Finals and this year they will just need to take it one step closer. They are a brilliant team who excel in many things. No matter how many times we get angry when they make silly mistakes and lose easy games; the next time they play you know your hooked onto the game waiting for the Canucks to rebound. There's no other team you can cheer for. Canucks are #1 no matter how talented the other teams are or get. My heart and mind is with the Canucks team and every player, member, and staff part of their management. GO CANUCKS GO! MAKE US PROUD THIS YEAR!

Thanks to all the Youtube Members who have posted these video and have taken the time to create them. Posting them to this thread is just a reminder of how good the Canucks actually are. Thanks for your hard work!

#2 canucks top scorer

canucks top scorer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

at 0:11 of the Kesler one i cried with him....

Edited by canucks top scorer, 23 March 2012 - 05:40 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to me for the sig. I make sigs msg me.

#3 ringoyam

ringoyam

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Yeah seeing kesler like that is tough
Go Canucks Go !!!!!!Posted Image

#4 MacdeesSnipinGs

MacdeesSnipinGs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

I dont really get the Poll, although i did vote. it is such a crapshoot who the canucks will face and has a pretty good chance of being any one fo those teams

#5 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Great comipilation. We in BC don't really appreciate what we have in this team right now. I guess after years and years (and years and years) of futility it's not very difficult to become jaded. Let's hope they can live up to their potential and the one missing video in the series can be finally made.
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#6 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Man now I have tears in my eyes :( I cried for two hours after the loss and it took me 2 weeks to get over it, I was literally depressed, when the Canucks raise the cup I will be the happiest person ever.

Sasuke_Signature_by_robstylz.png

the_man_on_the_moon___paul_pogba_by_yupp

#7 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

:( kes
Posted Image

#8 Gill17

Gill17

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Happy to see people being positive, this team WILL raise there level of playyyyy

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

#9 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Great comipilation. We in BC don't really appreciate what we have in this team right now. I guess after years and years (and years and years) of futility it's not very difficult to become jaded. Let's hope they can live up to their potential and the one missing video in the series can be finally made.

:canucks: :towel:

Edited by crime911, 23 March 2012 - 06:53 PM.

Posted Image

#10 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

When Canucks win the one cup, that will mean everything. Any cup after is just going to be another cup to me and most people.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#11 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Depsite all the doubt and panic, we`re still on pace for another President`s trophy.

With New York`s loss today we`re 2 points back of them, same GP, and 4 points back of St.Louis with a game in hand.

Funny how a bad month can suddenly turn everyone into doubters. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#12 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

+1 :towel:

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#13 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Depsite all the doubt and panic, we`re still on pace for another President`s trophy.

With New York`s loss today we`re 2 points back of them, same GP, and 4 points back of St.Louis with a game in hand.

Your right and I really hope that the Canucks can get the President's Trophy again and 1st seed in the conference. However, being the best in the PlayOffs is whats most important. Reading some of the threads on CDC I'm getting scared that Daniel might miss games in the PlayOffs! TSN confirmed a concussion but there is no date when he will return. I'm pretty scared just thinking that he might not recover for the start of the PlayOffs! I really hope someone can help him recover between these final 8 games of the season!

#14 HuddieJ

HuddieJ

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Perfect thread.

Who knew Eminem could bring out emotion in me?

#15 Canucks4always

Canucks4always

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Great job!

+1000 :towel:

Does anyone else think that this cheap shot hit on Daniel is the moment that the Canucks come together and go into beast mode in the playoffs to prove everyone wrong. I think it is!
Travel!
Live off $1 a day and love it!
Put life into real perspective!

#16 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

Great job!

+1000 :towel:

Does anyone else think that this cheap shot hit on Daniel is the moment that the Canucks come together and go into beast mode in the playoffs to prove everyone wrong. I think it is!

Not only that but Daniel is going to be hungry when he returns and Henrik will be happy to have his brother alongside him again. I hope Daniel has a quick recovery and can return before the last 2 games of the season. That way it won't take long for the twins to get their chemistry magic touch back and they'll be underway in the PlayOffs. I do agree with you that in a case where Chicago and Vancouver face off; this incident will have a huge affect on the series... I think Kassian, Bitz, Weise, Lapierre, and especially Bieksa, Kesler, and Burrows will have a huge physical affect on every game. It was nice to see the team stand up for Daniel and go 100% on the Penalty Kill!

#17 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Can't stop watching that Sedin video over and over again. They were drafted together, played their whole life together. Is Van City The Best Or What!

#18 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

The Best thread I've seen in awhile. This should get pinned. It got me even more pumped for the playoffs than I already was and had me saying to myself " God,this team is awesome!!!!!!"

2011-2012: LETS WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#19 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

The Best thread I've seen in awhile. This should get pinned. It got me even more pumped for the playoffs than I already was and had me saying to myself " God,this team is awesome!!!!!!"

2011-2012: LETS WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally Agree and glad I could remind some of you about this. I was never into hockey that much 2 years ago, but I had seen the Pittsburgh Vs Detroit Finals and I was rooting for Pittsburgh. They had always appealed to me and Fleury was just great. I liked the Penguins, but it was just temporary because I had to pick between Detroit and Pittsburgh. About 2 years after I saw Vancouver playing Chicago and my dad was watching Game 1 on the TV. When I saw Vancouver play I don't know what happened to me. I wanted to watch them play. Luongo was the first to get my attention and then the Sedins. Later it was Kesler and Burrows and soon I found myself cheering this team on all the way to the SCF. " God,this team is awesome!!!!!!" This expression means so much more to all of the Canucks Loyal Fans! 2011-2012: LETS WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This expression is the wish of every person who cheers for the Canucks from the bottom of their heart!

#20 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

Holy crap. The last video was amazing.
Posted Image

#21 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Holy crap. The last video was amazing.

Yeah it was. I really want someone on YouTube... Maybe CanucksHD that can make a compilation video of all the highlights for the Canucks in this season. They played good and having an Official Video that could go up on the "Featured" tab of the Canucks homepage would be cool. The video should be related to the beginning of the PlayOffs and all of Canucks achievements in the season of 2011 - 2012!

#22 sokah

sokah

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

videos are awesome, But the music is f*cking terrible. lol

#23 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

videos are awesome, But the music is f*cking terrible. lol

I thought the music went quite well with the videos. Obviously rap is more suited for NBA videos but I didn't think it was bad!

#24 nucks all the way

nucks all the way

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

These videos give me chills. Especially the part where Kesler is crying and when Burrows scored the OT goal against the Hawks. Great work and thank you. It's a shame some people tarnished the name of this city and its people last year.

#25 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

These videos give me chills. Especially the part where Kesler is crying and when Burrows scored the OT goal against the Hawks. Great work and thank you. It's a shame some people tarnished the name of this city and its people last year.

Yeah it is a shame that had to happen. I really hope the Canucks have learnt what it takes to win the Cup because the fans from Vancouver are really hoping to get one. And for anyone on this forum who was involved in the rioting.. it is a shame. If that loss in Game 7 made you act that way... just think what would have gone down on every player on the team. They would be devastated... that SCF meant more to the Canucks team than any other team in the PlayOff because the Canucks have never managed to win the cup. We fans should be loyal and we should support the team at all costs. I believe Luongo should receive the most respect because he does so much and he doesn't deserve to get criticized for 1 or 2 bad games. We need to act more maturely!

Edited by TheVancouverCanucks!, 25 March 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#26 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Would facing L.A. in the first round take energy out of the Canucks... It seems like L.A. always has an upper hand on the Canucks... I'm always afraid when the Canucks have to face Anaheim or L.A. But, maybe it's just me... what do you guys think?

Edited by TheVancouverCanucks!, 26 March 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#27 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

So according to a few threads and research... EA has predicted the results of Vancouver in the PlayOffs. Most people in the poll said we would face Phoenix in the first round and surprisingly, Vancouver is going to lose against them in the PlayOffs! Personally, when we have set plays and man on man situations in the PlayOffs, sheer skill and experience will manhandle the Coyotes. EA has one wrong prediction for the Canucks! LOL! :towel:

#28 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Perfectly Said!

#29 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yeah and it happens to almost all of us. We start to worry, but hopefully the Canucks can pull through. If St Louis loses today we can be one step closer to President's Trophy. Pittsburgh lost so that's a relief!

#30 JBJohnnyB

JBJohnnyB

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

This is the first time I've attempted a video like this. Enjoy!

Edited by JBJohnnyB, 30 March 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.