The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Concussion [Confirmed]

CoreyPerry

I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out, saying the suspension is worthless, we've lost Daniel for a long time and all that. Having confirmed Daniel has a concussion just means we can start testing him for recovery, which could take as little as a week. It factored into the suspension already, which was reasonably fair. We can't ask that Keith is out for longer now that we know for sure it's a concussion, or that Keith should stay out as long as Daniel is injured.

It's an emotional response I guess, and it's hard to tell people to be satisfied with the outcome, but it is what it is.

5 meaningless games for taking out our best player...what a pathetic league. Might as well start elbowing guys in the head like Kane, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weber and take them out before the playoffs. Why not if it only costs you 5 reg season games?

Hopefully this gets the team going and turns them around. This could turn the momentum for us and hopefully we can catch fire going into the playoffs. Nothing would be greater then having Daniel comeback when the team is on fire and playing great hockey.

Hopefully this incident can turn this team around and Daniel Sedin can join us by the first round of the playoffs, by then we could be playing real Canucks hockey.

Why can't the rules for head shots be simple....the player that injures another player is out as long as the injured player. Simple. 5 games is a joke. Hypothetically - Daniel is out for 2 weeks,,, that loser Keith is out for 2 weeks. Look how long Crosby was out. You think the guy who hit him would even have a career now. Doubt it.

Most importantly, Get well Daniel. For your future, your family and the team.

DISCLAIMER: Some of the opinions on this post may be offensive and are not 100% serious, but I am pissed off so I am going to vent anyway.

If the Canucks draw Chicago in round 1, it would be tempting for them to go New Orleans style on the Hawks.

I would feel better if the next Canucks/Hawks tilt has Keith leaving on a stretcher.

In the meantime, I recommend fans bring rotten fruit to throw at Dan O'Halloran the next time he refs a game at Rogers Arena. Feel free to put something hard in the fruit.

This is a huge blow to us. Regardless of the lack of prodution from Daniel the last few games or how 'soft' the twins are, we are not getting to the SCF, let alone winning it, without D. Sedin.

Hoping he pulls a Malholtra this season :)

Best of luck on a speedy recovery Daniel!

Archived