The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Concussion [Confirmed]

CoreyPerry

As expected but still disappointing news. He's not the first pro athlete to suffer a concussion and while they can sometimes be career altering / ending most athletes are able to recover. Also in Daniel's favor is the fact that (as far as I know) he does not have a history of head injuries. I hope the Canucks let him rest at least the rest of the regular season.

At least he doesn't have a broken jaw, maybe he'll be better in time for the playoffs. Also Shanahan and/or his puppetmasters have shown their true colours. There's no justice to be had from Department of Player Safety/Ministry of Love. If you want to stop someone from knocking your stars out for the season, the only solution is to knock theirs out first. Don't worry, you'll only get a few games. The Canucks' quest to play an entire season without supplemental discipline was hollow and pointless, a nice but in the end stupid gesture. I for one am baffled why we trusted the League after everything they've done to screw us. And will we get any credit from anyone for attempting to play within the new rules, for showing faith in the new disciplinary regime? No, none, we're still the "dirtiest team in the league" even though we're the only team with a clean slate from DoPS. We tried to suppport them and they betrayed us. Shanahan is not the answer. Bertuzzi is the answer. That is the message this incident sends.

Archived