The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Concussion [Confirmed]

CoreyPerry

Ya, I agree with part of Mustapha's post, Dan O'Hallaran is an absolute joke.

He's the guys who officiated most the SCF games last yr (includ. the Marhcand incident). He's had it out for the Canucks this season as well. Reffed 5 games this yr, 2 of which you'll distinctly remember: 1) Minny game where Healty crosschecked Hank, and Burrows got the penalty 2) Hawks game where Danny was cheapshotted and was only a 2 min minor. In each of the 5 games, Canucks opponent had more PP's than them (20-11 overall). Those numbers are extremely abnormal.

Let's all pray to the hockey gods we don't see his ugly mug in the playoffs this year.

It is always the same story.....we have seen it so many times with our team and with many others.....the cheap hit to the head that causes concussion means the victim misses a month or two or more while the cheapshot artist misses a few games. Hopefully Danny will be back by the playoffs and ready to score bigtime.

I wonder, since the revelation of the goings on with the NO Saints, whether this goes on in hockey too, with teams like the Bruins and Hawks for exaples, where the offending player may officially lose some pay during their few days off, but really earns a bonus for taking out a star. Just wondering is all.

No one said he is done for the year. 1st concussions (if treated properly) are the easiest to get over. Most doctors say if you do not get another one, in the following 7-14 days that it will have minimal effects.

Even if he is better in the next few days, no need to play him. Rest him for the playoffs, the risk is too high if he gets injured playing in an meaningless game.

5 meaningless games for taking out our best player...what a pathetic league. Might as well start elbowing guys in the head like Kane, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weber and take them out before the playoffs. Why not if it only costs you 5 reg season games?

Ok guys, to those who thumbs gave the point to the idiot who said, "we are done" you guys are morons. Honestly, this team have a lot of fight in them.

Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin are not Crosby and Malkins. Even though they both have won the last 2 art ross trophies, they are not at their level, but besides that, still one of the top fowards in the world. If the Penguins can win 10 straight without Crosby, we can sure Win at least 6 of our last 8 games or so, or even finish strong. We can hold the fort for the rest of the season. We do have the depth to have guys step in the top 6 row. It's just that now or never the Kesler line needs to step up, Booth for sure, Raymond everyone needs to step up the goalies, I think we will do fine. We are not like the Maple Leafs, were they lose their top winger, they are fracked. We do have more depth, and it's the reason why Gillis built the team the way it is. Lots of depth and lots of guys who are top 6 fowards or who at least have proven to be a top 6 player in one time of their career. Trust the team.

Ok guys, don't worry about it, we will be fine. The Penguins did it without Crosby, we can hang in their without Daniel, lets just hope it's not an extended period of time. The difference is that the Penguins already won the Stanley cup, so their is a little less pressure, we only have like a few more shots realiistically at it. I am hoping it's nothing serious, maybe like Salo's concussion were he was out for only 5 games.

Ok guys the reason why there is 2 post is because when I posted the first message it said,

"post not available"

But anyways, just letting you guys know, the Blackhawks has now 5 straight without their to left winger, in Toews. So there is hope. I also do believe Daniel will be back before the playoffs, so lets cross our fingers and trust the team.

Archived