The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Concussion [Confirmed]

CoreyPerry

I'm not exactly sure why this is a big surprise or shock to so many of you. Do you think they flew him back to vancouver for fun? Henrik said the day after he was experiencing headaches. No sh!t he has a concussion, you could tell 5 mins after the hit.

Now it's just a matter of his return. 17 days (ish) until playoffs I'm sure he'll be fine. He got hit more in mouth vs the head, so my guess is he returns next Sat vs Calgary

I'm not exactly sure why this is a big surprise or shock to so many of you. Do you think they flew him back to vancouver for fun? Henrik said the day after he was experiencing headaches. No sh!t he has a concussion, you could tell 5 mins after the hit.

Now it's just a matter of his return. 17 days (ish) until playoffs I'm sure he'll be fine. He got hit more in mouth vs the head, so my guess is he returns next Sat vs Calgary

This is a huge blow to us. Regardless of the lack of prodution from Daniel the last few games or how 'soft' the twins are, we are not getting to the SCF, let alone winning it, without D. Sedin.

Hoping he pulls a Malholtra this season :)

Best of luck on a speedy recovery Daniel!

Like mentioned, get to the 2nd round, and we could very well have Daniel back by then as that gives him plenty of time to recover, recuperate, and get fully healthy.

The first round starts April 11th, and counting today as rest and recuperation, Daniel will already have 19 days (2 weeks and 5 days, if that's easier) of rest. And that's just from now to April 11th. Second round started on April 29th for us last year, although we did start round 1 on April 13, so there is some different dates and such.

So say we make it to the 2nd round, and we start the 2nd round on say April 28th. From now, until April 28th, that's 37 days (5 week and 2 days of rest) of rest for Daniel to heal up and get the proper treatments for his concussion.

So, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but then again, it depends how serious Daniel's symptoms are. Those potential 5 weeks could be very beneficial to Daniel, and he could be back then.

Just trying to stay positive here.

Destiny is on the side of this team. As far as destiny is concerned, Daniel Sedin will return to this team for the second round of the playoffs. It is our time to win a stanley cup.

I was in the Arena for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final and I've still got the ticket stub in my dresser. I watched Tim Thomas go for a skate on our ice with the Stanley Cup. I watched Chara pick up the Cup, swing it behind his head and I prayed he would fall over.

It is our time. It is now our never. This team has some tough choices to make over the next couple of years. We're going to get much younger and much thinner. Daniel Sedin will be back for the 2nd round. QUOTE ME ON IT

Destiny is on the side of this team. As far as destiny is concerned, Daniel Sedin will return to this team for the second round of the playoffs. It is our time to win a stanley cup.

I was in the Arena for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final and I've still got the ticket stub in my dresser. I watched Tim Thomas go for a skate on our ice with the Stanley Cup. I watched Chara pick up the Cup, swing it behind his head and I prayed he would fall over.

Staying positive is one thing, but pure speculation doesn't help anyone. You know as well as anyone that your math means squat. Let's just hope that Daniel's concussion is not serious, first and foremost for his own health. As for the team, one can only hope that someone will rise to the occasion - perhaps Henrik, Mason and Zack can find some sustained chemistry just in time for the Playoffs? Fingers crossed, as it is clear we need some heroes here - Daniel is just so hard to replace.

We need Daniel back for the playoffs, and I'm sure he'll lace em up for Game 1.

In the perfect world, the Canucks breeze through the 1st round, maybe drop a game or 2 to Phoenix/LA but win handily without Daniel Sedin and then he returns in Round 2 against a much tougher opponent like Detroit, Chicago or Nashville who've been banged up by each other in the 1st round. That gives us our top scorer, fully healed and not fatigued at all to play against some weary defencemen.

In the worst possibly situation, we face a red-hot Jonathan Quick or Smith who stones our mediocre wingers and boots us in the 1st round without Daniel.

I'm confident we can win a series without Daniel Sedin, but only barely. I wouldn't want to tempt fate against a team like San Jose though, because without Daniel our only real superstar scoring forward is Kesler, and he's having an off-year in terms of goal production. This team lacks another 30-goal scorer so we'd have to score by comitee ala Nashville.

Archived