Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stefan

Trying To Break Down The Reason As Of Why The Canucks Are The Most Hated Team In The League

85 posts in this topic

Its real simple, before guys like Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, Bieksa developed into the great leaders and players they are today, they all had their issues with cheap, dirty tactics plus diving and whining to the officials. We also had guys like Ruutu and Cooke here.

Those types of things are not easily forgotten, no matter how hard you work to put them behind you. After that, you have guys taking LESS MONEY (an absolute NO NO to the NHLPA) to stay here. Then add on that we have a great team now and it is easy to hate us.

It just means we are awesome

My cousin lives in Edmonton and hates the canucks with a passions. His biggest reason is the fans.

He says we celebrate alot for having accomplished nothing. We are mostly fair weather fans ( which is true, when the playoffs hit the canucks fanbase goes up 500%)

We can't talk about this all day. Just embrace the hate.

How about the players that we've got on this team.

- Ryan Kesler

- Alex Burrows

- Maxim Lapierre

- Kevin Bieksa

- Jannik Hansen

- Aaron Rome

- Andrew Alberts

Former Canucks:

- Raffi Torres

- Rick Rypien

- Shane O'Brien

- Darcy Hordichuk

All of these guys are annoying to play against.

My cousin lives in Edmonton and hates the canucks with a passions. His biggest reason is the fans.

He says we celebrate alot for having accomplished nothing. We are mostly fair weather fans ( which is true, when the playoffs hit the canucks fanbase goes up 500%)

Why would you even spend so much time on it? A lot of people are obsessed with why everyone hates the canucks, don't wurry bout it

Nobody "likes" a good team, except for the fans of that team.

Who, other than an Oilers fan, liked them in the Gretzky years? Who liked "Whine"? They respected his ability, but they found reasons to hate him.

Who liked Semenko? Who liked Messier? Who liked any of them, ever?

Come to think of it, I thought Gregg was okay, once he played here, but I never liked Messier, and disliked him even more once he got here. So, take that as you will.

regards,

G.

He laughed so hard when we blew the confetti all over the ice when we won the presidents trophy... Said Edmonton was all collectivly laughing as us for celebrating finishing 1st in the retard race.

He laughed so hard when we blew the confetti all over the ice when we won the presidents trophy... Said Edmonton was all collectivly laughing as us for celebrating finishing 1st in the retard race.

We are mostly fair weather fans ( which is true, when the playoffs hit the canucks fanbase goes up 500%)

This is something I don't agree with.

When any team in any sport makes the playoff, interest goes up, more people pay attention, and the people who were already following the team cheer more. It's a universal effect on every fanbase. You'll see it in Vancouver, Chicago, Montreal, etc. Not Toronto for obvious reasons. The bandwagon idea is something fans put forward to discredit other fans, nothing more.

I honestly get a little sad whenever bandwagoning is mentioned here because it does little more than fracture the community for no reason.

We have a lot of fans...just look at Canuck's Twitter followers, tops with Montreal (We're passionate)

Good teams are hated because people are just jealous.