The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trying To Break Down The Reason As Of Why The Canucks Are The Most Hated Team In The League

Stefan

When you are quiet, not doing alot and generally losing games you don't get alot of media, hell, we barely get any media attention in the land of the great almighty Leafs so i'd conclude that taking media attention from the eastern golden child/children might spark a bit of hate. I'd even go so far as to say the only attention vancouver gets is generally when someting bad occurs. And coastal bias may play a part.

Example: after the the Keith dirty bulls@@t hit I got msg's and even texts from friends on the eastern seaboard about how the hit wasn't really that bad and how they league should be more worried about what the Pens or Rangers are doing and how CBC et all should not be wasting precious media time on us when there is so much more interesting things going on out east..

I guess my point is that when media and fans from other fanbases and homers of other teams end up hearing about Vancouver and our accomplishments AND not-so accoplishments it takes away from the attention of their beloved team. Its so easy to say "what a bunch of non deserving clowns" when you don't know a thing about the team and are used to looking at the standings and seeing Vancouver in the middle of the pack or worse....if you even take the time to notice.

The players and the fan base are why

Luongo -whinny, loud mouth, flops

Hansen -chirps alot

Burrows- dives, bites, hair pulling, chirping, etc

Kesler - dives, whines, dirty

Lapierre- dives, chirps

Ballard- low hipchecks

Sedins- hated on since they started and are still called the sisters by some moron fans

Thats just the current team, the last few year also had players that just were not liked as well

The fan base is annoying, loud and has rioted 2x which is a complete joke. Add in the Canucks success the last couple years, it just adds more fuel to the fire. If this team wins a cup in the next 2 years, the hate is going to double.

why are we the most hated team in the league? Two words......

give up yet? Okay, here is a hint the first word is "The" and the second word is "SHIFT"

still don't get it? Here is a clip of THE SHIFT, and you can figure out why 29 other teams hate us from here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWFC_2TxtQ

Clearly Vancouver didn't kill Edmonton with this shift, no. They did something worse. The Vancouver Canucks crushed the very soul of the Edmonton Oilers and it only took a little over 2 minutes. Look at the standings year over year since The Shift. ROughly five years ago, and the Oilers have simply accepted they are the worst team in the league, finishing rock bottom 3 years in a row, and free falling before that from teh moment this shift happened. The league fears what it can not answer, and hates what it fears.

Archived