The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler's Friendly Discussion With Keith!

MJDDawg

The more I watch the highlights of the hit, the more I'm disgusted by the boys lack of immediate reaction to the cheap shot.

No immediate reaction by any Canuck player is really disheartening. Part of me is willing to give the boys the benefit of the doubt in that maybe none of them saw the hit. Yes there was some targeted push back for a while, but sometimes a team just has to say "WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!" and deal with the situation immediately.

To make matters worse, watching Edler standing there talking to Keith while one of his teammates and best players in the league is down on the ice just makes me froth at the mouth.

This isn't a one time issue either. Remember the rat's low bridge hit on Salo in Boston that again drew no reaction from the Canucks...other than again some friendly talking.

I just can't fathom the lack of reaction...especially when our powerplay has gone down the tubes. What would there be to lose??

Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but I can't think of another solid team with cup aspirations that would be as passive as this after cheap shots to their top players. To me this is a big warning signal that this team isn't as together chemistry wise as we'd like to believe and that something is not right with this team.

Why have we not called up Bitz and Duco again?

Edler's nice discussion (at 20 second mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M25I5rtFjiA

Kess & Henrik's pleasant discussion with the rat (at 20 second mark):

As a comparable, here's Chris Neils reaction to simply a solid hit tonight on Erik Karlsson from the Habs Mike Blunden (at 1:17 mark):

God I love Chris Neil!!!

I totally agree with the OP. Sometimes I wish I could just be on the ice to restore some order. How can a teammate not retaliate after something like that? I would have grabed Keith and beat the living hell out of him!!! It makes me so mad that we didn't destroy this piece of crap..

these are the times when i miss the wce era. should be an immediate reaction totally agreed, team has been thru so much together, should be sticking up for eachother (although we saw a lotta that in 2nd period kassian included) there should be an immediate response from EVERYBODY on the ice. I love this team with all my heart, hurts to see them disrespected time and time again.

Edit:im pretty sure the whole canucks organization from ownership down have a addressed this (policy wise too maybe) to players about post whistle scrums (said on record), and that they trust the NHL will do the right thing. Just when it feels like the NHL doesn't do anything, im sorry to say, things will boil up to a point and explose eg bertuzzi moore incident, then it will be too late

I totally agree with the OP. Sometimes I wish I could just be on the ice to restore some order. How can a teammate not retaliate after something like that? I would have grabed Keith and beat the living hell out of him!!! It makes me so mad that we didn't destroy this piece of crap..

Gotta dissagree with the Neil video, though. I am sick of players looking for fights after a good hit. Kesler looked stupid doing it when he got Kromwalled and the rest of the league looks the same. It's like everyone wants to be Ben Eager.

Gotta dissagree with the Neil video, though. I am sick of players looking for fights after a good hit. Kesler looked stupid doing it when he got Kromwalled and the rest of the league looks the same. It's like everyone wants to be Ben Eager.

There's no proof that there's a "pleasant" conversation going on. Just because they're not throwing jabs at one another, doesn't mean they're having a nice conversation about the tight playoff race. Some of them may not have even seen what happened. And they did try and start something after seemingly every whistle, so it's not like they just forgot about it. You're looking too much into this for some reason.

Totally agree. Somebody needed to fight Keith, or at least grizzly tackle the guy. What about Zack Kassian... sure he laid a few hits in, but for a guy who described himself as someone who 'sticks up for his teammates' when he came over here, he did very little with this opportunity to show his worth.

Archived