The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler's Friendly Discussion With Keith!

MJDDawg

This is a ridiculous post. apparently you didn't watch the rest of the game after the hit. As soon as the players were made aware of what happened they definitely stood up for their team mate and were all over Keith.

There is not way in hell that you can complain about the response.

I am extremely aware we are talking about a fourth liner that's why what he did with the Sedins is irrelevant and how many points he put up is irrelevant.

Byron Bitz can actually fight? He didn't answer that during his eight games. He fought Cody McLeod, the worst fighter in the NHL after Dale Weise, and that's it. He had the opportunity to fight guys who are decent fighters like Cam Janssen, Tim Jackman, Brad Staubitz, etc.

Could you say he was a menace on the forecheck in the eight games? Did he intimidate the opposition? Was his presence felt on the fourth line?

I struggle to pinpoint anything to warrant the hype.

This point was made a month ago that canucks are oblivious to sticking up for one another ... biatches better start answering bells.

To many gawkers on the bench and on the ice...wtf was anyone looking at if they missed the hit??? Lame excuses. The refs arent calling crap -- AV has to start protecting asserts --- not being niave to think the ref will call the game.

In retrospect the team is not one --- coaching is the biggest part of this, people called this that one of the twins would be hurt because of the lack of the team sticking up for them.

THE WORST move to make by coach AV would be to take Kassian off the same line as Henrik ... this should have been done games ago to protect the twins....fking bllshiat that AV does NOTHING to help the star players on this team....fking bllshiat the league still condones headshots...

Good Post Op... Honestly when other teams see this crap, lets them know that taking liberties with the sedin's will go 'unpunished'. You know what... somethimes it might be worth instead of tackilng him, Just come in with One Huge Suckerpunch right to the face. Take the 5 minute major. Put the ref in a tough decision to maybe make him look bad for only giving keith 2 min to a play where it may recieve a 5 game suspension.

Everyone is mad at the league but if it aint taking care of buisness the way you see fit....Police the game yourself. I think the canucks first priority in the offseason is to get a guy to play with sedins, who will score 20+ goals and police situations to ensure this crap dont happen. OTT, Neil, Hartnell...This is honeslty disgaceful that, keith didnt have to pay on the ice after this happened.

i'm not a fan of fights after clean hits but certainly when something like that happens, there has to be some form of retribution on the ice.

i don't mean a dirty revenge hit, but someone had to drop the gloves. if another team is taking liberties and you let that keep going, it's gonna keep happening. taking a 2 min instigator penalty is a lot cheaper than dealing with concussions and people not respecting your team. if i'm a player and i see anything out of the corner of my eye on a teammate that seems like it might not be kosher, i'd rather take the risk of fighting someone who didn't deserve it than the risk of not standing up for a teammate.

Some of you have been watching too much Coaches Corner. Maybe make your own judgements and use common sense instead of just listening to the media (who's always correct, right?).

1. Chara and the 2 linesmen quickly jumped in to protect Marchand, cornering him so nobody could get to him. All 5 guys could pile in and nobody would lay a finger on him. What would be the point of that? The only thing that would've accomplished was shortening that Major PP.

2. Unlike us, the players do not have a bird's eye view of most of the ice rink while watching the game. Seeing as how the puck wasn't on Daniel's stick at the time, it's clear most of them missed it. Ray Ferraro even called it a High Stick before the first instant replay.

:picard:

Edler probably thought that it was a high stick, most players don't beat the crap out of another player for giving a high stick. Later on once they found out that the hit was an elbow then they came at keith full force.

IMO Weise > Bitz, faster, plays hard, doesn't have injury nor stamina problems. He holds his own in fights and can wing Lappiere when a game gets physical. Bitz is more intimidating due to his size, but didn't impress after his time with Sedins.

On the Keith hit, forget challenging him to a fight. Challenging is for when you want to pick a game up or to resolve borderline play. When a player takes a shot like that at your #1 player don't give him the choice, just jump him, no hesitation, no negotiation, just do it.

Have you guys noticed in the past couple games when there is a scrum beside the Canucks bench, AV has his hand on kassian holding him back. I have seen this at least twice now, it's almost as if AV is afraid kassian is going to do something stupid. To be honest I would rather have kassian play his game and not be held back like that.

Archived