The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler's Friendly Discussion With Keith!

MJDDawg

It all happened really quick, I highly doubt Edler even saw what happened. Besides, Edler is not a fighter and the last thing we want is to get a guy like him injured before the playoffs. Even though Neil stuck up for his teammate, that hit was perfectly clean.

That's the type of trades that should have been done to address our toughness issue. But no, MG trades our blue chip prospect for a Defencemen who is a plug and Kassian, who hasn't really done much. Great deadline.

I really like both volpatti and bitz, but i dont think bitz is overrated at all, his fighting looked considerably better this past year, I spoke to some bruins fans in real life who wish he was still on the team, he also beat cody mcleoad, he is not the leagues best fighter, but he is a good tough guy. I have no doubt bitz or volpatti would have did something.

Lol. Hey I'm all for respecting other human beings, and fair play in this game. And sure I enjoy the rough stuff as long it isn't cheap. But that hit on Danny was dirty, and deliberate with the intent to injure. So in this case I say screw turninig the other cheek and beat the pulp out of this rat so he thinks twice before pulling off a stunt like that again. I think Mr. Lennon would approve.

I really like both volpatti and bitz, but i dont think bitz is overrated at all, his fighting looked considerably better this past year, I spoke to some bruins fans in real life who wish he was still on the team, he also beat cody mcleoad, he is not the leagues best fighter, but he is a good tough guy. I have no doubt bitz or volpatti would have did something.

It is pathetic really. It's actually straight up revolting. How hard it is it to pick up somebody with a mean streak that can actually play hockey? Are they that few and far between? I pretty much saw red after the hit and I wasn't anywhere near the ice. One of, if not your most important players gets blatantly cheap shotted with an elbow to the face and you don't do a thing? A few mild chirps and a couple of a post whistle scrums don't count. Take a penalty, take a suspension, just get the bast*rd back!!! Another sad day for Canuck fans in my opinion.

I agree with the OP - I LOVE CHRIS NEIL.

I find myself getting pissed off whenever a good hit is dished out and another player immediately comes in to fight the guy, stopping the play on the ice. if it was a cheap shot like Keith's elbow, then go after the guy who delivered it. If it was a clean hit, let your player get to the bench if he can still skate and deal with any medical issues with the trainers in the locker room. I want the play to keep going. I've shut games off for the night because of it (not just Canucks games either), and i feel like I'm getting cheated out of my money.

Archived