The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Transgender Contestant Booted Out Of Miss Vancouver Pagent

DonLever

lol you think that makes me a bigot, do you?

look I only wanted to make one point there, and that is that bc is more rural than egocentric people from the gvrd realize (if I miss my guess about you living in the gvrd then I'm sorry, but I don't think I have)

I live in a small bc town and this level of discrimination is not surprising in the least, but don't think for a second that makes me a sexist/homophobe/transgender-phobe (orwhateverthefrackitscalledlol)

It's a simple question.

Is it wrong that I would find it disgusting if I ever had sex with someone only to find out afterward their birth name was Nicholas and not Nicole?

I'm sure there are transgendered people out there that keep this a secret, and I personally think it should be a crime

I can honestly say I would continuously vomit every second of every day if I got with a person that had a sex change operation. There should be some sort of tattoo that accompanies these people. A disclaimer if you will.

As for her being kicked out of the competition. Too bad, so sad. I couldn't care less if I tried

I have to be honest. I get uncomfortable around people dealing with transgendered stuff. I feel bad about it, but that's just how I feel.

None the less, if I was running the pageant, she would not have been kicked out.

Stuff like this should not an issue.

They deserve to live out their lives as normal in the gender they want to be identified as.

I'm willing to put aside how uncomfortable I feel, because I know what the right thing to do is.

It does not matter how I feel at all.

Who am I to treat them differently than any other human being?

I've never met a transgendered person (that I know of), but if I ever do, they would never be able to pick up on my phobia. Because they do not deserve to deal with it. I would treat them like everyone else.

On topic......

If Jenna Talackova lied on her entrance forms about being physically born a woman, then the pageant people do have the right to remove her from the contest. It's unfortunate and wrong, but if it's spelled out right there in the paperwork.........

According to Denis Davila, the national director of Miss Universe Canada, Talackova claimed on her registration form she was born a female.

I am honestly proud to call you guys forum mates. Seems there is some hope for humanity after all. Well done CDC! Newsflash, thank you for being honest. I met and know a transgendered woman. Very nice person, wonderful human being. Cute too. She is a teacher at one of the local colleges. Once you've heard her story, you understand and sympathize, then accept. She is now married and very happy, and I couldn't be happier for her. :towel:

This is probably a stupid question, but if someone could answer if these women go on their period or can give birth or not?

Is this sex change purely for aesthetic reasons, or is wanting to experience things only women experience also a part of it - things like, that time of month and child birth?

This is probably a stupid question, but if someone could answer if these women go on their period or can give birth or not?

Is this sex change purely for aesthetic reasons, or is wanting to experience things only women experience also a part of it - things like, that time of month and child birth?

So, since a bunch of you think this "woman" should be allowed in the contest, why shouldn't a regular looking dude be allowed to join in the competition, assuming he thinks of himself as being a woman.

Hear me out here. Many women are flat chested,(like many men), and some do have short hair and sparse facial hair. Even though this guy hasn't had the surgery yet, by your logic, he should be allowed to compete in this pageant because in his mind he thinks he's actually a woman. If you say he shouldn't be allowed, then perhaps you should re-evaluate your original position.

/Thread

The surgical alterations from men to female are purely anatomical. Ovaries and a uterus are required for menstruation and birth and men are not born with these organs. Hormone therapy can only do so much but cannot kick off menstruation/ovulation in a body that has no organs for it to happen.

I suppose one day someone will perfect transplants enough to give trangendered men these organs (ovaries/uterus) but as far as I'm aware, such a thing does not yet exist in today's medicine.

Archived