The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Transgender Contestant Booted Out Of Miss Vancouver Pagent

DonLever

I see you still haven't learned anything. Here again you're focusing solely on the 'sex' of the individual, and not on how the person identifies themselves. The entire basis of your argument is greatly flawed. I've said this once, and I'll say this again, do yourself a favour and educate yourself. Your homophobic remarks aren't winning anyone over.

How many of you guys defending her here would hit the sack with her? Be honest.

I have nothing against people wanting to live life as a woman, but ex-males should be upfront and honest about their true biological forms to any potential sex partners or beauty contests. People's rights go both ways (the right to live as a woman AND the right to informed consent).

I like how you say this as a curse.

Like, yeah? Well I hope you're damned to have her kids!!! Yeah!!! Eat it.

Remember when people were intolerant to black people?

Damn were we stupid as a society back then.

In 50 years someone's going to find your posts about transgendered people and say something along these lines....

Also, kind of thinking about this more, do you guys think its fair for the real women to be competing with the transgender women? The transgenders don't carry the same baggage as being a female, so is it fair for them to be competing with the naturals?

edit: never thought I'd see the day where I seriously refer to women(or men) as naturals. Sounds Sci-Fi esque

Also, kind of thinking about this more, do you guys think its fair for the real women to be competing with the transgender women? The transgenders don't carry the same baggage as being a female, so is it fair for them to be competing with the naturals?

edit: never thought I'd see the day where I seriously refer to women(or men) as naturals. Sounds Sci-Fi esque

Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it isn't important. Would you be so dismissive if the topic was racial? This is no different. Discrimination is discrimination, and nobody should be subjected to it. It's the 21st century, let's start treating everyone like human beings for a change.

lol, I totally see how that sounds when I said that.

Essentially, I mean there are differences between males and females - it's simple but I don't mean anything crazy. In hindsight, I don't think it's healthy competition to pit a biological man against women in a beauty contest. If you're a girl, I'd like to ask is that bad, or is it a cultural taboo that should be broken?

Archived