The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cbc Announcers...

adiemer92

Nobody has mentioned it so I guess everyone stopped watching when MacLean had to throw in the clip of the face wash on Henrik against Chicago. The referee gave him a penalty for the face wash. The official who called the penalty was the same guy who reffed in the finals that didn't call the 874 punches in the face. Obviously in reference to what AV said about the 2 minute penalty for almost taking Daniels' head off when it should have been 5.

So tired of his jabs every chance he gets...

I need a change. I hope CBC loses their rights when their contract is up. I know CTV and TSN have discussed doing some partner thing to cover the games and make a bid...I hope they get it.

(I'm tired, hope I made sense.)

What a bunch of whiners. I don't think Mark Lee is that bad. I've heard way, way worse. He sounds a bit like a professor and I admit the colour analyst was pretty biased toward Colorado, but I'd rather have that than most of the US announcers I hear. Cuthbert? Okay he's better admittedly. And Hughston is the best in the business but he's gone, get over it.

And oh please, those of you begging for Bob Cole? Hahahah. If you want to hear "he passes the puck" "the other player grabs it" and other senile nonsense go ahead and wish for him. He knows the players of Toronto and Montreal, all other players in the league he rarely knows except maybe 2-3 of the stars on the opposing teams. His play-by-play is way over the hill and he should have retired years ago. If you want to hear vague generalities, he's your man I guess.

One guy who really gets me going in games is the guy who does Buffalo Sabres home games. Sometimes you think he is overcome with emotion. Being a guy from Scotland this chap and the commentator on the Canucks sum up the "old style" North American sports commentary at it's best. Sorry, I never catch the names.

Edit:

Rick Jeanneret

Jim Hughson: CBC

One guy who really gets me going in games is the guy who does Buffalo Sabres home games. Sometimes you think he is overcome with emotion. Being a guy from Scotland this chap and the commentator on the Canucks sum up the "old style" North American sports commentary at it's best. Sorry, I never catch the names.

Edit:

Rick Jeanneret

Jim Hughson: CBC

I can just imagine Kevin Weekes - who probably missed the game because he split the @ss out of his super tight Sears polyester action wear - going bananas over what a crappy job Racheal Ray did pinch hitting for him. I'm positive that alcohol was a factor.

Archived