The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cbc Announcers...

adiemer92

I'm actually surprised anyone out here even bothers having the sound on anymore when CBC does Canucks games. Seriously, if it isn't Ronnie boy or his hand puppet in the crappy suits taking shots at us while sucking on their Maple Leaf lollipops during half time, guarantee it'll be some hackjob doing commentary.

Everyone should know by now that the clowns from back east do this to us on a regular basis...on purpose. I've lost count on all the times they've snubbed their noses at us. Just do yourselves a huge favour, and do what I learnt to do over a year ago. TURN...OFF...YOUR...SOUND.

that call was soooo bad. nevermind the weird words and phrases they were using, they were actually wrong in their assesments at times.. at one point off of a faceoff a colorado player took a pass in the high slot and slapped it and lu made the toe save.. then in the forthcoming replay, the color guy says that the shot was. "whistled wide"..

no it wasnt! lu made the great save and then they didnt even correct themselves. this was just one example in a game where there were many goofs.. so brutal. anytime kevin weekes is missed you know you got big problems..

I actually can't stand Rick Jeanneret... he's getting really annoying. His "May Day" call was legendary, and I respect him, but he's just extremely irritating now IMO.

It might just be me though. He over-does everything.

Archived