The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Vigneault Finally Found His First Line With Daniel Out?

406281dylan

Vigneault was exploring his first line options all game long he first tried Kassian which generated nothing then he tried Weise which somehow generated less then Kassian on the first line. Then questionably Vigneault gave lapierre a shift with sedin and raymond at the end of the game and they almost scored. Lapierre also backed up hamhuis on the same shift. Maybe this is what Sedin needs a guy similar to burrows who always steps up his game when he is called upon.

Raymond= Speedy

Sedin= Amazing in everything

Lapierre= Aggresive and fast

This could work dont kid your self when lappy was in MTL Carbo put lapierre on a line with koivu and dagostini and they were good together that was during the time frame of the Alex Tanguay injury.

We already made playoffs so what is there to lose? I hope vigneault gives this line a chance, unless you rather have a not ready Kassian or a dale weise on it. Maybe Lappy is a burrows in disguise just waiting for his moment to shine.

Bitz worked i dont see why lappy wouldnt.

What do u guys think?

I hope not. No offence to Lapierre but he gets too caught up with chirping and aggravating other teams and doesn't have the finish of a guy like Kassian or Booth who I'd much rather see on the top line.

This is where MG looks like a giant bonehead after trading Hodgson. We really needed him in case one of our top-6 forwards went down and now that our best scorer has, AV has to deal with a 3rd and 4th liners playing with Henrik.

'finally' found his first line with daniel out? it's been less than two games... i do not think 40-33-21 is a permanent combination, the work lappy does on the 4th line is very important to this team and his skill set does not really translate to the no.1 line IMO ... one thing is for sure, AV has found some chemistry between Henrik and Mason, so you can bet we will see them paired up with a second winger, at least until daniel returns. I really love what I've seen from the two of them, looks like Henrik (like he does for so many players) allows Mason to realize his full offensive potential.

I hope not. No offence to Lapierre but he gets too caught up with chirping and aggravating other teams and doesn't have the finish of a guy like Kassian or Booth who I'd much rather see on the top line.

This is where MG looks like a giant bonehead after trading Hodgson. We really needed him in case one of our top-6 forwards went down and now that our best scorer has, AV has to deal with a 3rd and 4th liners playing with Henrik.

In my opinion Lapierre should stay on the 4th line. He does excellent work there, he is a physical presence, and provides a lot of the creativity and scoring touch.

I think Burrows should be back on the #1 line with Henrik, and Higgins should be back with Booth and Kesler. Those two do not have the 'go' without Higgins.

My preference:

Burrows Henrik Raymond

Booth Kesler Higgins

Hansen Pahlssen Kassian

Malhotra Lapierre Weiss

Giant bonehead? He gave us the best depth on d with that trade. He also gave us two "elite" 3rd/4th line shutdown centers by acquring Pahlsson (Manny being the other). Also, you do realise CODY HODGSON PLAYS CENTER right?. If they weren't willing to try him on the wing when he was here why would they have now?

So let's look at MG's "bonehead" move. Acquired more depth on D in case of injuries - check. Acquired amazing depth at center for our 3rd 4th line - check. Gave up... a whining baby... seriously though he gave up a 3rd line center who would still be playing a 3rd line center role with Danny out. Explain to me how that is boneheaded. Please don't let your man crush on CoHo cloud your judgement, you're usually a very respected poster.

Giant bonehead? He gave us the best depth on d with that trade. He also gave us two "elite" 3rd/4th line shutdown centers by acquring Pahlsson (Manny being the other). Also, you do realise CODY HODGSON PLAYS CENTER right?. If they weren't willing to try him on the wing when he was here why would they have now?

So let's look at MG's "bonehead" move. Acquired more depth on D in case of injuries - check. Acquired amazing depth at center for our 3rd 4th line - check. Gave up... a whining baby... seriously though he gave up a 3rd line center who would still be playing a 3rd line center role with Danny out. Explain to me how that is boneheaded. Please don't let your man crush on CoHo cloud your judgement, you're usually a very respected poster.

I hope not. No offence to Lapierre but he gets too caught up with chirping and aggravating other teams and doesn't have the finish of a guy like Kassian or Booth who I'd much rather see on the top line. This is where MG looks like a giant bonehead after trading Hodgson. We really needed him in case one of our top-6 forwards went down and now that our best scorer has, AV has to deal with a 3rd and 4th liners playing with Henrik.

The way I see it there's no harm at this stage in keeping Kassian on the1st line with Raymond and Hank considering that at this point we are locked in that 2nd seed (I know we can still go for presidents trophy) but that in my mind is just an added bonus and not a necessity.

I think playing Kassian there is the best way to do it because I personally have liked the way the 2nd line and the 3rd line have been playing and would be hesitant to move any of those guys. Also I think Lappy is more suited in that banging agitator role on the 4th rather than the top line. I think if AV keeps Kassian with the top line he can develop some chemistry too and like I said at this point the games I don't wanna say don't matter but we can afford to test lines here and I wanna see what Kassian can do with a set line rather than moving up and down like he has

In my opinion Lapierre should stay on the 4th line. He does excellent work there, he is a physical presence, and provides a lot of the creativity and scoring touch.

I think Burrows should be back on the #1 line with Henrik, and Higgins should be back with Booth and Kesler. Those two do not have the 'go' without Higgins.

My preference:

Burrows Henrik Raymond

Booth Kesler Higgins

Hansen Pahlssen Kassian

Malhotra Lapierre Weiss

Archived