The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atlanta Thrashers Jerseys Thrown On Ice At Nashville Game

Not surprising, but they must have been pretty upset that their team was uprooted and moved to Winnipeg. This was their second time losing an NHL franchise. There may not have been many fans, but there definitely were. Furthermore, their management didn't care about the Thrashers anyway.

Think about it- what if the Canucks were relocated? Wouldn't you be upset?

Not surprising, but they must have been pretty upset that their team was uprooted and moved to Winnipeg. This was their second time losing an NHL franchise. There may not have been many fans, but there definitely were. Furthermore, their management didn't care about the Thrashers anyway.

Think about it- what if the Canucks were relocated? Wouldn't you be upset?

I think Nashville is about a 4 hour drive from Atlanta so some of the actual diehards wanted to demonstrate their unhappiness with the move.

Atlanta's a tough sports market, I used to date a girl that lived there so I spent a lot of time in Buckhead, just up the street from where Dany Heatley had his car accident. It's not a traditional hockey market, they didn't do a good job building the fan base and investing in the community. Pretty much the opposite of what Nashville did. It's also a transition town, there are a lot of people that live there that aren't from there and they move in and out.

i think it's heartbreaking to see teams relocated. i understand it had to happen, but think of the people (and there were quite a few) who cared as much about the thrashers as you care about the canucks. i can only imagine what it would be like . so, i wouldn't mock these people, who clearly are loyal fans. let's not forget the attendance the canucks were getting in the 80s... no doubt similar than what the thrashers were getting these past few years.

who knows, maybe they can come back in a while, when hockey is more popular and the thrashers have a management team that isn't incompetent.

Archived