Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Atlanta Thrashers Jerseys Thrown On Ice At Nashville Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Pffttt too late to show support now!

How do you know they didn't show support for the entire duration of the Thrashers' existence in Atlanta.

I feel bad for those fans. They could be just as passionate as fans in Winnipeg. The only problem is that they are outnumbered.

What a ???? joke. Benning is the worst GM in the NHL. I can't believe this guy is actually this stupid. This imbecile is going to drive this team into the ???? ground.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#32 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Lol too funny...even if your beloved team did leave why would you throw away your jersey? I'd keep it for nostalgic reasons. I mean when the Jets first left Winnipeg you didn't see Jets fans throwing away their old jerseys.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#33 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

season ticket holders who blew away tens of thousands of dollars, and got let down by the league need a way to protest.

i applaud them. As hard as bettman is has fought tooth and nail to keep the dead coyotes on life support (for reasons know one knows)

Nobody ever put up any kind of effort for the thrashers.

ANd for those making fun of thrasher fans, (they must be new "fans")

On the back of an Epic finals appearance a couple years prior, The canucks in the late 90s were struggling badly, losing money, bottom feeders and were at a HUGE risk of relocation. This in a very large canadian Hockey city, With a long hockey background, and recent relative success (canucks were a decent team early to mid 90s)

Dont even get me started on the grizzlies.... The second major team vancouver tried to support (and failed miserably)

How can you expect a southern american city, with very little hockey background to get behind a perennial loser, When vancouver fans almost abandoned their team after a couple years of failure

Edited by sam13371337, 28 March 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Fire MG

#34 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Look like fans decided to drive a little over 4 hours to Nashville and still butthurt about the team are gone and want it back... lol

Atlanta has lost an NHL franchise twice.

Unfortunately I don't think they will ever get a third.

Edited by Jai604, 28 March 2012 - 07:06 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.