The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burnstein And/or Nucks Med Staff Should Be Fired

rizzuto&hatoum

Burnstein and/or the medical staff should be fired for their incompetent handling of the Daniel Sedin and other injuries. Should Daniel have played the pp shift after the Keith elbow? Ok, maybe a warrior like Daniel convinced Burnstein that he could play the next shift but he should have been sent back to Vancouver right away and not having to travel to Dallas first.

Other examples of lousy assessments by training and medical staff - Mason Raymond should have been taken off on a stretcher in the Boston series; the wrong diagnosis on Cody Hodgson, etc. It even goes back to the Mike Robitaille lawsuit back in the 1970s.

Burnstein and/or the medical staff should be fired for their incompetent handling of the Daniel Sedin and other injuries. Should Daniel have played the pp shift after the Keith elbow? Ok, maybe a warrior like Daniel convinced Burnstein that he could play the next shift but he should have been sent back to Vancouver right away and not having to travel to Dallas first.

Other examples of lousy assessments by training and medical staff - Mason Raymond should have been taken off on a stretcher in the Boston series; the wrong diagnosis on Cody Hodgson, etc. It even goes back to the Mike Robitaille lawsuit back in the 1970s.

I DONT AGREE WITH FIRING THEM AND I DO THINK THIS POST IS USELESS BUT I WILL AGREE THAT RAYMAY SHOULDNT OF BEEN ABLE TO SKATE OFF ON HIS OWN AND I ALSO THINK THAT THEY SHOULD OF CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT KESLER NEEDED SURGERY A WEEK AFTER THE SEASON ENDED AND NOT AS LONG AS IT TOOK. BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENE AND MAYBE THEY HAD GOOD REASON TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE. POINTLESS THREAD OP.

Honestly both those thing are hard to diagnose. Back injuries are hard, but I agree that it went badly for raymay. I just dont blame the med staff for it. Daniel Sedin didnt get hit all that hard from what I saw, it was most likely the contact with the jaw that caused it to be so severe. He got hit in the worst possible place for concussions. We were in a game against probably our most hated and heated rival and concussion regularly take a day or two to set in quite a bit of the time.

How you think the 70s med staff is relevant is beyond me though

Honestly both those thing are hard to diagnose. Back injuries are hard, but I agree that it went badly for raymay. I just dont blame the med staff for it. Daniel Sedin didnt get hit all that hard from what I saw, it was most likely the contact with the jaw that caused it to be so severe. He got hit in the worst possible place for concussions. We were in a game against probably our most hated and heated rival and concussion regularly take a day or two to set in quite a bit of the time.

How you think the 70s med staff is relevant is beyond me though

I DONT AGREE WITH FIRING THEM AND I DO THINK THIS POST IS USELESS BUT I WILL AGREE THAT RAYMAY SHOULDNT OF BEEN ABLE TO SKATE OFF ON HIS OWN AND I ALSO THINK THAT THEY SHOULD OF CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT KESLER NEEDED SURGERY A WEEK AFTER THE SEASON ENDED AND NOT AS LONG AS IT TOOK. BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENE AND MAYBE THEY HAD GOOD REASON TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE. POINTLESS THREAD OP.

I, too, was dumbfounded when Raymond was "helped" off the ice. Not sure who dropped the ball there, but found it very strange at the time to see:

vancouver-canucks-mason-raymond-broken-back-2011-stanley-cup-finals.jpg

It was in Boston....shouldn't they be the ones supply stretchers/paramedics? Not sure it was our guys who dropped the ball - seemed to be a lack of response within the arena. Which wouldn't surprise me at all with the lowlife organization they run.

As for Danny, initial assessments likely include asking the player for their own evaluation in an "are you ok to go?" way. I'd imagine Danny thought he was, but quickly realized he wasn't. It's easy to say in hindsight that they "should have known", but many do take high hits and are ok to carry on. So you have to rely on how the player, themself, is responding I'm sure.

Archived