Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanucksFan#2121

Phaneuf For Schneider... Would You Do It?

162 posts in this topic

The only good thing I can say about this proposal is that it would show CDC that Ballard's contract isn't so bad after all. Which reminds me that there is this thing called the salary cap.

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Phaneuf has his good and bad

His good is that he has a very good offensive touch. He has scored 10+ goals in 4 out of 5 seasons i think. He also has upwards of 40 points in those seasons (except when he dipped a bit with calgary).

HIs bad is the defensive liability. He is a hybrid between a Defense and a Forward. He pinches way too much, joins the rush when he shouldn't and that often causes turnovers and odd man rushes.

That said i wouldn't mind him with the canucks but not for Schneider. I'd take him in a deal for Ballard and another throw in to match salary.

edit: his lowest goal total is 8 and lowest point total is 32. not bad. but not worth 6.5 million.

highest goal total is 20 and highest point total is 60.

Ballard could put up similar numbers with some PP time, play at least as well defensively, and save us a couple of million dollars in salary. Even straight up, I wouldn't do Ballard for Phaneuf. Schneider could actually get us something better than what we've already got.

Phaneuf has his good and bad

His good is that he has a very good offensive touch. He has scored 10+ goals in 4 out of 5 seasons i think. He also has upwards of 40 points in those seasons (except when he dipped a bit with calgary).

HIs bad is the defensive liability. He is a hybrid between a Defense and a Forward. He pinches way too much, joins the rush when he shouldn't and that often causes turnovers and odd man rushes.

That said i wouldn't mind him with the canucks but not for Schneider. I'd take him in a deal for Ballard and another throw in to match salary.

The day the Canucks acquire Dion "the Poser" Phaneuf is the day I start cheering for Buffalo or the Oil .. good God on a Gumby .. shake yer freekin' head, laddie .. you got water in yer ear or somethin'? .. :sadno: .. :lol:

Ballard could put up similar numbers with some PP time, play at least as well defensively, and save us a couple of million dollars in salary. Even straight up, I wouldn't do Ballard for Phaneuf. Schneider could actually get us something better than what we've already got.

The only players on the leafs that I would want on the Canucks are Franson and Kulemin

Interesting to hear about how he's doing under Carlyle: no doubt there's a lot of ability there and it still might not be too late to make a better player out of him. But it would take a certain kind of coach ...

fair enough. I think under the carlyle system he's playing much better. His play under run and gun system was not what i prefer but last 4 games he's been decent. I know cuz i live in Toronto and have to suffer through Leaf games on sportsnet.

I think he's an upgrade over Ballard but not worth the extra 2.5 million.

I would rather choose myself to play on the team rather than phaneuf.

At least players would trip over me while I lay on the ice.