The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear Kassian

beer&meat

opps I meant to post in the other thread... :picard: but since I am here must say I really like both Kass and Raymond and don't really understand this thing that Canuck fans seem to do about hating on one of their own players. Its kind of counterproductive.

Kassian is a young player with potential who needs to learn how to play in the NHL. Unfortunately, he has had no real hockey experience above junior hockey and needs to develop into the hockey player he can be. I would like to see him turn into something more than a big forward who will only be recognized as a protector. It certainly is not improbable that he will need to spend some time in the AHL as part of his development. I would not like to see him fail or falter because he was pushed to quickly. That is not how potential should be brought out in the development of a young player.

Why is it so called fans of the Canucks continue to "will" or "predict" our team players will fail or do poorly. You would think fans would cheer them on to do better and support them when they faulter. Pessimism is a downer and a form of depression. Better get some help about that buddy because it will eat you up inside for the rest of your life.

How anyone here can rip on Kassian so quickly is completely beyond me. The kid has massive amounts of natural talent and already shows maturity in his puck sense for his age and experience. Plus his size doesn't hurt at all. Beyond the obvious Bertuzzi comparisons, comparisons I'm sure he will be capable of living up to eventually, I've already seen him make a few rather brilliant feeds along with having a good overall offensive vision. If you know hockey and you're watching the same games I am, you have seen this as well. He knows where he needs to be on the ice even on a brand new team and system, and most times he's there - ALREADY. I've seen more seasoned players that take months to fit in to a new club after a trade.

+ let's face it, no one starts out being a smart bomb straight out of the gate. You have to expect a kid in his position will have rough edges to start. All the best players needed time to come into their own and Kassian is no different.

Just watch what happens during the playoffs, because with playoff hockey everything is put into hyper drive. His learning curve will get a lot more intense and focused. You're gonna see him come out of the first round playing better than he is now, the second round playing better than the first, and so on. This dude will click and bang out hits and points rather quickly me thinks, and every Canuck fan watching is gonna be lucky to witness to a premier player at the beginning of a brilliant career.

As an aside, I love talking hockey but I really have to say this forum sells people down the frikin river so quickly man, sometimes it's just rotten how quickly the worm turns on these boards. I'm not talking about the fans who log in from other teams, I'm talking about actual Canucks fans. Look at the grief Lou takes, MayRay, e.t.c... Even Gillis, the guy who put together this team and allow us to even consider a SC. Even he gets grief from the knuckleheads for making a trade that was, for all intents and purposes, obvious. A trade that was just flat our necessary both for our needs and for Hodgson's career. Guess I just wish the doomsayers would pi$$ off and go play in traffic or something. Runs me nuts. Healthy critisicim is needed no doubt, but these millions of paranoid rants? Not so much. Hell the Hodgson whining is still going on even though it's so completely redundant. It's almost like some of the people here want the Canucks to fail just so their words can allow some satisfaction be applied to their otherwise small, pathetic, unimportant lives.

Kassian will blow us away, I have no doubt about it. I'll even go out on a limb and say it will be sooner rather than later. When he does, I can't wait to see these useless knobs try and explain away their unnecessarily negative comments, along with all the 'jumping the gun' going on.

I don't predict he will do poorly it is just the player he is. He has never been consistent in his whole career. He is a bottom 6 forward on any team. I know this and don't get disappointed when he gets demoted back down to the bottom 6 which will happen. Oh and I don't get all choked up when it will happen. I do get choked up though when he falls I do drin every time.

Some would argue that the Raymond from the last few games is the real Raymond.

That aside, it's obvious that you don't, so I have to wonder at the bolded comment. Are you saying that you actually want Raymond to fail? Is he embarrassing you so badly right now that you'd rather the Canucks have one of their current top six playing poorly, just so you can post on an internet forum that you were "right"?

What a sad little life you must lead....

I say it because it proves why this fan base is one of the most hated in the league. They will never make a choice about a playerand stick to it. One minute you like them the other you hate them.

Just like how all those who have hated Luongo, and will continue to do so throughout his time here.

Same concept, but I guess you don't see it that way n support Raymond. Quote me Raymond is NOT a top 6 forward in the NHL

What a sad comprehension level you have...ironically

I wasn't talking about just you changing your stance. My stance on Raymond is he is streaky and when he comes stops producing, he will continue to get ragged on again. Two games and he isn't the whipping boy no more!? Doesn't make any sense. Two games does not tally up to be consistent at all!

I don't buy the two game hype. I actually enjoy watching CDC reaction.

I think many fans realize that the Kassian trade is going to be something that pays dividends in a few years and not one that will be immediately beneficial in a consistant way. Although I could be wrong about that...and I really hope I am. Would love to see him light it up come playoff time and push around the opposistions players.

That's certainly a valid point and I would have had no problem with it if you had made it in that manner. However, saying "I can't wait" for Raymond to revert to his previous form makes you look like someone who has put more importance on being correct than the team doing well.

It reminds me of the 'Nucks 9 game losing streak 2 years ago. There were actually AV haters hoping that it would turn into a 10 gamer, just so his chances of being fired would be increased.

For the most part, those clowns have crawled back under their collective rocks....

Archived