Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Dear Kassian

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

#91 iamspuzzum

iamspuzzum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

do we really need a whipping boy?......shouldn't we be rooting for all the players, that are trying to bring the cup to vancouver?
unless i'm missing something, i've never understood, the whipping boy theory....does having a whipping boy, make our team better, or is it strictly for the amusement of some bored teenagers?

I guess these people are the whipping boys at home, and they feel the need to p!ss on someone else to feel better about themselves..........

#92 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,176 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

I like AV don't get me wrong but when I say outclassed I do mean coaching standards and not him as individual. Just so you know as well, I was never a part of the I hate AV or fire AV bandwagon when they were losing 9 in a row.

I believe Quenville is a better coach.

Based on what? The fact that he beat the Canucks with a lineup that included, Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Versteeg, Ladd, Campbell, Byfuglien, Bolland, Brouwer and Madden?

Funny how CDC says AV doesn't deserve credit because his team is "stacked", but Quenville is a genius for winning with what pretty much amounts to an all-star team.

Has everybody forgotten how they backed into the playoffs thanks to a Dallas loss the very next season?

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 25 March 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#93 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

do we really need a whipping boy?......shouldn't we be rooting for all the players, that are trying to bring the cup to vancouver?
unless i'm missing something, i've never understood, the whipping boy theory....does having a whipping boy, make our team better, or is it strictly for the amusement of some bored teenagers?

My sentiment, the original post was more of a poke at the daily CDC goings on, and the ridiculous things that are said.
Some seen the humor in it, others didn't, some replied without even reading it.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#94 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Ice time is irrelevant. Through the 23 games that Aaron Volpatti played, Weise had a fraction of the number of hits Volpatti had.

If you've paid attention at all, you don't need stats to tell you Weise is awful.

Skills wise he's far superior to Volpatti. Hits wise he's 5th in hits/game, 3rd among forwards. Not nearly as bad as you make it seem.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#95 iamspuzzum

iamspuzzum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

double post. sorry

Edited by iamspuzzum, 25 March 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#96 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Manny ... Poor Manny... I like the guy... But he needs to sit.

#97 Methany878

Methany878

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I was getting ready to bash you when I saw the topic, but thanks for posting this.
It was sad to see Cody go, but that's no reason to bash a rookie who obviously has tons of potential!

#98 hijacker

hijacker

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I can't until AV unleashes the Beast in Kassian. I laugh every time AV has to hold him back.

#99 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Wow...I certainly wouldn't have Kassian on a list of Canucks that is to be made a scapegoat.

The team still seems out of sorts. Maybe it needs some stability in the lines for a bit?

i agree, i think the focus right now is so much on the play offs were simply showing up fogging the mirror and leaving win or lose...its obv MG made the trade for the playoffs and its obvious AV is playing with the lines a bit for the playoffs, come post season stability will come and well begin to perform.

#100 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

+1

^^^^^^
THIS

#101 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Remember he's a year younger than Cody...'CBS CARES'

#102 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Wow....+48 just for atacking your fellow Canuck fans.
This is a useless post and should be locked.

#103 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

No point of him hitting players for the remainder of the season. Look what happened to Rome. Last night, Rome delivered a clean hit. Avalanche went after him until he got injured. If that is the result for Kassian to be throwing his weight around, I would rather have him save it until playoffs. Can't risk any more injuries especially Kassian, who we don't have any players to cover his role aside from Lappy.

that's exactly what I was going to post.

no real reason to hit hard for the meaningless rest of the season games and risk getting injured by retaliation

would u guys like it if kassian hit someone hard along the boards like daniel did and then got headhunted and was out for the playoffs?

save it for the playoffs, play low key, don't get injured.

he's doin it right.

#104 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

ops

Edited by schneider, 25 March 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#105 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'm sorry to inform you, but now that Raymond has started to come into his game, CDC is going to need a new whipping boy, unfortunatly for you, you're next in line. Please don't let the "Trade him for a bag of pucks" and the "He's worthless" and the "his time is better spent in the pressbox" comments bother you as a large majority of CDC posters don't really know alot about hockey. It could be argued that some of them have actually gone full retard. For most of us fans you are a welcomed addition and look forward to watching you grow into the power forward we all know you're going to be.

Sincerley
Anyone who knows squat about hockey.

I gave you the Weisers Clap of Uncompromising Men, but the image won't post. All the Hodgson Fan-boys will be on him every time Hodgson farts a point. I look forward to watching Kassian develop (and yes i have Hodgson in my Sig)

Edited by TheCammer, 25 March 2012 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#106 raymond5

raymond5

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Dale Weise is by far the worst player in the lineup. Not Zack Kassian.

Don't mess with Weise! He's not a bad player! Just because he hasn't been playing every game doesn't mean you can start pushing him around!

#107 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Dear Kassian fans and MG has way over valued you they expect you to be as good as Cody Hodgson and it was calm.... until Hodgson started getting points, come one people did you really expect Kassian to be worth Cody Hodgson? f off we lost the trade move on

Eat Co*k buddy

#108 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

The kid is only 21 years old. By next years playoffs i will expect much more from him. He needs to get comfortable here and get settled in. A good spirited tilt with Kyle Clifford might do him wonders tomorrow night. Or he could get destroyed and that could shatter any confidence he previously had.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#109 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

This is really AV's last kick at the can in my books. He has been outclassed and out coached in the past three years in the playoffs.

I won't really crawl awy from it because he is the most frustrating player to watch. As soon as he signed for that contract I knew the expectations on these boards would be somewhat ridiculous and Raymond wasnt going to be a 50 pt player. Heck I really liked him playing the third I still prefer him on the third. He is one of the better bottom 6 forwards in the league. Thats what he is good for.

Unfortunately you are like the rest of us and what you know about hockey can be placed with the rest of the CDC knowledge on the head of a pin.
Keep digging.
For the poster above, AV wasn't out coached he was "out-injured"
Kevin.jpg

#110 chucky's head

chucky's head

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

I think "teenagers" is generous but yes to the latter point.

#111 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

Kassian plays a straight-line style of game. He'd be best with Kesler, but right now Kesler has too many suitors with Higgins and Booth a perfect trio, and Burrows now spending time with him too.

Instead, play him with Henrik and Raymond and just leave him in front of the net. AV bumped him off the top line after half a game, give the kid more opportunity.

Worst case scenario, this guy ends up on a line with Bitz and Lapierre in the playoffs and we have the toughest line in the NHL going into the playoffs. This is the line that goes out there and wears down opponents, especially defencemen, so that in a 7-game series their bodies are more bruised than ours come that crucial Game 7.
Posted Image

#112 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

the hodgson fan boys will bring their whips after every game. eventually they will slowly migrate to the sabres board. most of the young ones are not fans of the canucks but of 1 player, it happens in every fan base..nhl 12 is all knowing.

#113 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,176 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

I feel a bit bad for Kassian.

He's forever going to be compared to Coho, which isn't really fair IMO as they are different kinds of players. Hodgson is always going to have more offensive skill than Zack and unfortunately, a lot of people will look at nothing besides offensive production when weighing the merits of the two players.

Hopefully Kassian will turn into the type of power forward that everyone hopes and this trade will be good for both teams. For this to happen however, Canuck fans will have to be patient. (i know. Good luck with that)
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.