The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Is Mag

saskatchenuck

I was hoping for some clarification, so anyone knowledgable about free agent groups can chime in please. I had overheard, I think Bob McKenzie, that if we don't play MAG for at least 7 more games, he will actually become a UFA, not a RFA. This due to the fact that he is 25, and hasn't played many games (similar to the Bishop free agency thing - the now goalie of senators). Is this true, if so, why aren't we playing him?

MAG scares me. He's a liability defensively and doesn't have a point yet I don't think. Feel free to correct me on that. I don't think it's a big deal, if were going to play Tanev and Alberts in the playoffs I wouldn't mind seeing them out there getting the experience rather than a guy that might not be here next year.

MAG scares me. He's a liability defensively and doesn't have a point yet I don't think. Feel free to correct me on that. I don't think it's a big deal, if were going to play Tanev and Alberts in the playoffs I wouldn't mind seeing them out there getting the experience rather than a guy that might not be here next year.

Mag is actually easily our best passing defensemen. He is incredibly mobile, and can make a tape to tape pass the whole length of the ice. I like him being in the line-up and am excited to see him come back and play more. I think he is a very important defensemen and could become one of our top 4 next year.

I've seen him make some sick passes, but he is very scary defensively. It all depends how he transitions to the NHL, its a high risk high reward situation. Remember when Aaron Rome did a conditioning stint in the AHL, he put up PPG, mostly goals, so it doesn't always translate to the NHL, but if MAGs offensive ability does translate, we have ourselves a very skilled puck mover. Defensively speaking, he needs considerable work, but this is one area of the game that you can teach players at an older age without much trouble.

We'll see.

Archived