The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Is Mag

saskatchenuck

Gragnani is a wild card. his biggest strenghts are his mobility and passing ability. He can move the puck out of the zone extremely quickly. When he and Tanev were paired together, they were possession demons because they were mobile enough to retrieve the puck and move it quick.

However, Gragnani is not big and he is a liability in his own zone. He plays with no physicality and can barely pin average sized forwards, let alone handle Lucic-sized players. For a smaller defenseman, he needs to be effective with his stick, but he really isn't that good with the poke-check/sweep-check either.

He needs to be paired with a solid, stay-at-home player.

Mag is actually easily our best passing defensemen. He is incredibly mobile, and can make a tape to tape pass the whole length of the ice. I like him being in the line-up and am excited to see him come back and play more. I think he is a very important defensemen and could become one of our top 4 next year.

However, Gragnani is not big and he is a liability in his own zone. He plays with no physicality and can barely pin average sized forwards, let alone handle Lucic-sized players. For a smaller defenseman, he needs to be effective with his stick, but he really isn't that good with the poke-check/sweep-check either.

Well he is just as big as most of our defense. Only Edler and Salo could really be called bigger. MAG is 6.2' and 201lbs That puts him bigger than Bieksa, Tanev, Ballard and Hahuis (Hamhuis and Ballard have a few lbs on him but thats it) Obviously Rome has some weight and Alberts is taller and heavier but they are 7th defensmen.

Havent seen him play much, regarding your assertion he is a liability, plus 10 on buffalo say differently but time will tell.

Not sure the folks who denigrate MAG's defensive play really know much else about him but what the "pundits" say .. I saw him make some transition passes off good defensive positioning, and play, that generated chances at the other end .. give the guy a chance to learn our system and his team mates .. remember how "bad" Alberts looked when he first arrived, or how "bad" Ballard looked, and how now we miss Ballard and appreciate Alberts .. the Twitter Society strikes again .. B)

It's funny how many CDC'ers spent the good part of two years calling for Ballard's head, and when MG finally goes out and gets a replacement for him, they just turn on the new guy like ... "Fresh Blood!"

Please, can we have a bit of patience for MAG's learning curve here? Dude is gonna be great for this team.

Mag is actually easily our best passing defensemen. He is incredibly mobile, and can make a tape to tape pass the whole length of the ice. I like him being in the line-up and am excited to see him come back and play more. I think he is a very important defensemen and could become one of our top 4 next year.

I like MAG, he will be great for us, I'm sure of that.

It's not fair to expect these young guys to come in here and learn the system right away. Some can do it but it is usually with teams where not as much is expected of them as there is here.

I like his energy and enthusiasm. I have also seen him get to the flare up point pretty quick although he has no rep for fighting. The same could have been said of Ehrhoff and he proved to be quite a slugger when he "lost it"

Players come here and are built up by the morons who like to cream their pants at the thought of anyone new. Then as soon as they don't appear to be a combination of Gretsky and Superman they act like someone stole their Playstation.............they then get their own back by hating on them at every opportunity.

Cut the guy some slack.

We also have the option to resign him before free agency hits don't we. Being that he wasn't playing much in Buffalo and hasn't lit it up here yet he may just elect to sign a one or two year deal with us on the cheap. I think he makes $500,000 of so and I can't see many other teams offereing him that much for him.

Also, if as the one poster stated that playoff games count then it is of no concern.

lmao, are you new here? cdc is famous for this...raymond scored but sux most the time and our third line tied and won it for us last night....lets purge the team except for higgins and start over...f'in lu let in 2 goals that garbage that calls himself a goalie, we could get a new treadmill for him from florida.

jesus christ guys...how did a thread about MAG becoming a UFA if we dont play him turn in to a hate thread on every player thats made one mistake over the last couple games.

i know cdc has always been a large conglomerate for stupidity but the last month or so its gotten pretty damn bad...the only thing positive i can say is the smart people havent gone anywhere and are still here to bring sense to things.

Archived