Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Post-Game Comments You Wish Were True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Head Coach Alain Vigneault - “With minimal effort all year, we still ended up winning the division today. “Operation Meh-gular Season” has been a gret success in every way… except for the name”.

Roberto Luongo – “You’re sure you guys don’t want to ask me any questions about flopping on my belly or playing the puck poorly? Yeah I didn’t think so! Your move, Cory.”.

Henrik Sedin – “Shh! I’m actually Daniel. Henrik needed a rest too. The only bad thing about this plan is that we didn’t think of it sooner”.

Chris Higgins – (lifts up shirt) “… I think I’ve said all I need to say”.

Ryan Kesler - “We’ve played these guys a couple times, you know, and you want to keep them on their toes and surprise them a bit. Actually scoring and starting our comeback in the second period seemed to do the trick. Nobody saw that coming”.

Mason Raymond – “Another solid, point-producing game for Mason Raymond. I know it’s silly of me to expect a heroes welcome at the airport when we land back in Vancouver, but at least nobody will be throwing tomatoes or real estate listings at me.”.

Marc-Andre Gragnani – “Me and Alberts ducked out of the press box to check out Hunger Games. Nobody seemed to notice we were gone”.

Jannik Hansen – “Forecheck? Please. Let’s call it what it was: That was clearly a Five-Check. Ma-na-ma-na do dooo do do do”.

Aaron Rome – “I’m sure the league will be looking at the hit that knocked me out of the game. Don’t worry, Aaron Rome fans. Both of you can take comfort in knowing justice will be served”.

Posted Image

CHUCK KOBASEW

“Sometimes you just gotta step up and do whatever you can to take out one of their best guys. And sometimes those guys aren’t on the ice so you have to hit Aaron Rome”.

http://blogs.theprov...sh-were-real-2/

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#2 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

How are these post game comments we wish were true? None of them are actual quotes...

Post game comments some people may wish were made, maybe (I guess).

Edited by Zissou, 25 March 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#4 fall0ff

fall0ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

some of them are pretty clever.

#5 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

How are these post game comments we wish were true? None of them are actual quotes...

Post game comments some people may wish were made, maybe (I guess).

Hence the wishing they were true part. :picard:

But AV's quote on Rome is clearly true because you can see him saying it!!!!!!!!!

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#6 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

not bad funny comments
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#7 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

lol @ Chuck Kobasew's

#8 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hence the wishing they were true part. :picard:

But AV's quote on Rome is clearly true because you can see him saying it!!!!!!!!!

I guess. But wishing they were real would have been a more clear wording I think.

Edited by Zissou, 25 March 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#9 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Somebody just watched The Muppets...

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#10 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,910 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

bahahaha I love the Chris Higgins part.

Probably more than I should, but being a female, how can you blame me?

(pics or it didn't happen)

Posted Image

#11 touchable

touchable

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

bahahaha I love the Chris Higgins part.

Probably more than I should, but being a female, how can you blame me?

(pics or it didn't happen)

Oh it happened:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

lol got a good laugh out of these

#13 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Ryan Kesler: One game at a time. One game at a time. One game at a time. One game at a time.
O wait, nvm....

#14 Walking Paradox

Walking Paradox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Ryan Kesler: One game at a time. One game at a time. One game at a time. One game at a time.
O wait, nvm....

Luongo: Umm well you know, uhh we played good, and uhh you know, I was seeing the puck well and the guys were scoring so it all worked out.

#15 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Henrik: I was thinking about shooting the puck but then I didn't. Bork bork bork herb-a-herb-a-herb

Edited by rbcanucks87, 25 March 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#16 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Henrik Sedin – “Shh! I’m actually Daniel. Henrik needed a rest too. The only bad thing about this plan is that we didn’t think of it sooner”.

Genius.

Edited by 'NucKô, 25 March 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image

#17 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Landeskog's part was the funniest, in my opinion...

COLORADO AVALANCHE

Gabriel Landeskog – “It’s always nice to play against another Calder candidate to see how I measure up. By the way, did Hodgson go through puberty or something since the last time we played? Guy is a BEAST now!

#18 NuckLife1714

NuckLife1714

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Henrik poked a little at the media in one of the interviews about winning the division again. He said somethin along the lines of he was happy to win the division but questioned how much it really mattered in this city. I found that pretty funny

#19 WEwantCUP

WEwantCUP

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

haha that was pretty funny

#20 Hock-E-Dad

Hock-E-Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

AV: " I know I'm supposed to say that Edmonton has got a great team over there, and we have to give our best effort to win. But honesty, you can't suck that bad and expect me to keep a straight face while complimenting them."

#21 j.Bowman

j.Bowman

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

I guess. But wishing they were real would have been a more clear wording I think.

I agree 100%. Those quotes come from the article "Post Game Quotes (I Wish Were Real)" that I write for The Province's Canucks blog. At least whoever started this thread included a link to it at the bottom.

Canucks/Avalanche Post Game Quotes I Wish Were Real.

Edited by j.Bowman, 26 March 2012 - 05:27 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.