The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boudreau On Ref: “I Was Ready To Hit Him”

I don't get this call. If there's disagreement between officials as to how a goal is scored, why not let the goal stand so it can be reviewed in TO? They have the multiple views and the slo-mo and the senior reffing experience. To me, that seems like the smart move.

All these two did was render the play unreviewable.

Any goalie could tell you that their movement was impeded, he wasn't able (if he so chose to) to challenge the shot, and it's not like that shot was top cheese...a couple inches out and that could have easily hit Turco. Good call by the refs, surprised Turco wasn't more cheesed.

It used to be that if an opponents skate was ion the crease at all its no goal.... but it seems to have been changed since Dallas beat buffalo in the finals on that illegal goal..... I was soo pissed that dallas won that game its like the goal went in and they didn't review rthe refs signalled good goal and dallas won the cup in overtime on a goal tha was illegal all season.......

I think it was the right call. This type of call is inconsistent though.

The goalie should be able to roam free around his crease. If they don't call these, how can a goalie move laterally when a player has parked himself in the middle of the crease?

This isn't like the rule in 99 where an inch of your skate would be touching the outer rim of the crease and the goal would be waived off.

Archived