The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av's Bulldog

Tricholls

I take it I'm not the only one to have noticed that lately for every scrum that's erupted near the bench (whether it be ours or the opposing side) that whenever Kassian is on the bench you can see AV literally physically holding the kid back.

I don't know what to make of this, I say let the kid get up and get his word in I think he knows well enough if he wants to stay in the line up that he better go no further than trash talk, but it seems AV doesn't trust him not to walk that fine line.

What are your thoughts/ feelings about this?

I'm loving the fact that even though his presence isn't being felt on the ice at all times he's still getting involved while riding the pine.

Guest AriGold

Ferraro was between the benchs a few games ago and on team1040 in the morning he said Kassian is the worst trash talker there is, lol. He doesnt know how to push buttons and his come backs are really boring he said..

Kinda found this funny, doesnt seem like english is a strong subject of his from listening to his interviews...

Ferraro was between the benchs a few games ago and on team1040 in the morning he said Kassian is the worst trash talker there is, lol. He doesnt know how to push buttons and his come backs are really boring he said..

Kinda found this funny, doesnt seem like english is a strong subject of his from listening to his interviews...

I would have to agree, Ray Ferraro is undoubtedly "Captain Obvious". I don't know how he holds a job down as a sports analyst. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine Kassian is more muscle than brains, however he'll pick it up with time and learn what gets under peoples skin.

I would have to agree, Ray Ferraro is undoubtedly "Captain Obvious". I don't know how he holds a job down as a sports analyst. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine Kassian is more muscle than brains, however he'll pick it up with time and learn what gets under peoples skin.

As long as he is on the ice to defend his teamates he knows what to do. Once on the bench, you stay on the bench. Who cares about Rat Ferraros opinion? Dissing a kid whos dad died when he was 12 is so classy!

Guest Dasein

He's a puppy at this point more than a full-grown one.

I saw the incident where AV wrapped his arm around Kassian and it looked to me more like AV was trying to protect Kassian from the sticks (another coach/trainer put his hand in from the side as well to deflect the sticks away from Zack) rather than hold him back from jumping at the player from the bench.

He's a puppy at this point more than a full-grown one.

I saw the incident where AV wrapped his arm around Kassian and it looked to me more like AV was trying to protect Kassian from the sticks (another coach/trainer put his hand in from the side as well to deflect the sticks away from Zack) rather than hold him back from jumping at the player from the bench.

Archived