The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Game 7 Scf 2011

Danthecanucksfan

I can't even bring myself to think about it too much.

It seriously still don't get it. It seemed that everything that could've gone wrong for our team, did go wrong.

I had a sick feeling in my stomach when Kesler got hurt in the SJ game. I was rooting for Tampa, because I was worried Chara would shut the Sedins down. I felt relieved when we took the 2-0 series lead, but unfortunately, that did not last long.

I always felt, rightly or wrongly, that like more than once in the Boston series, we came out charged up and playing a high tempo game trying to get the first goal, then against the run of play Boston hit us on the counter and it was uphill from there.

I haven't felt the urge to test my theory though. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Footnote.

I went to 6/six Hampden Park Scottish Cup Finals in a row to watch my football/soccer team being defeated each time (half of them against the run of play imo) The 7th time, to my everlasting regret, I told my friends I would watch it on the TV............you guessed it, they beat Glasgow Rangers 1-0 with probably the poorest team and flakiest manager out of all 7 games.

Fate/Lady Luck will screw with you every time.

to be honest, i rarely watch games more than once as it is. I mean there have been the exceptions like a games from 2002-2003ish that have appeared on the canucks site, just to see how good the WCE line really was. But thats quite rare.

It was easy to blame Luongo last year, but the fact still remains that we only scored 7-8 goals. So averaging 1 goal per game. Even if Schnieder was in net, we still would have lost.

No scoring = no chance.

I have seen some of the tht game again, The canucks had so many chances to score the first goal or even take a 2 goal lead, but that bergeron goal went in do to our scrambly defense canucks just went flat and couldnt buy a goal.

That game was a lot closer then the score indicated, all the bounces went the bruins way and canucks had no luck at all.

I may be alone here, but, I can watch the 94 series with pride. I guess it's because we were the underdog (huge underdog, in fact) and our team played out of their minds, coming back from a 3-1 series deficit. Yes, it was a heartbreaking finish, but, an incredible, unexpected ride.

Last year was much different. We were the best regular season team BY FAR. There was nowhere to go but down, I suppose. After the crazy series against the Hawks, the next 2 series' were relatively easy, setting up a final where WE were the heavy favourites--it almost felt as if it were meant to be. However, even though we had a 2-0 lead, we blew it. Blame it on the injuries, reffing, goaltending, whatever you want, last year should have been ours regardless. That's why last year's loss was worse in a way. It wasn't that it was just heartbreaking, it was embarrassing.

I was curious to see if anyone else had the guts to watch last years game 7 final again? I recently watched the whole thing and wanted to know if anyone else has watched it after the day we lost...........I found that it could change your perspective on Luongo pretty quick.........but I still believe in him!

Any other flaws in players you want to point out? Discuss..............

I have never watched it as it is too depressing.To make things worse I live in Saskatoon now and a retard 2 blocks from me Painted his stucco home Bruins colors and air brushed a huge Bruins Stanley cup sign covering his whole garage door.I am reminded every day when I drive by that house. :sadno:

IT ALSO DEVALUES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD :sick:

I haven't watched game 7 of '94 or '11 again, nor will I.

For me, 94 was much more heartbreaking. It was truly a cinderella run, and with a few different calls (Damn you Terry Gregson!!!) could have gone either way. Last years game 7 wasn't even close. Boston won, and deserved to win that game.

Hopefully this year, the boys can stay healthy and give us a SCF winning game that we can watch over and over and over and over and.........

Archived