Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Game 7 Scf 2011

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#31 hammer4

hammer4

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

I now am able to watch bits and pieces, but can still to this day not even look at a short clip from game 7 of 1994. I had my doubts in the Boston series because of how the Canucks were playing, but we all really felt the 94 team deserved it for their hard work.
Posted Image

#32 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

lol.. Its funny how people blame Luongo even though he won 3 games single handedly. Two 1-0 shutouts and a 3-2 win because of him. Yet the offence could not answer, when you only score 8 goals in 7 gamesthen you know theres a problem.

Luongo had 2 bad games that can be blamed for but so did the team. Before anyone comes here and blames Luongo, its a team game. All our gems struggled.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#33 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

I tried to but stopped halfway through the City and Colour intro... It might also be the fact that water somehow got in my eyes, making it extremely hard to watch.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#34 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,895 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

i've barely been able to watch highlights of our 3 wins in that series and definitely haven't watched any of game 7 again
can't even bring myself to watch the intro or anthems :(
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#35 WEwantCUP

WEwantCUP

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

don't have to watch it again, it's all burned in my mind. But I have watched the highlights a few times since then, and it doesn't really get any easier

#36 WEwantCUP

WEwantCUP

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

don't have to watch it again, it's all burned into my mind. But I have watched the "highlights" of the game a few times since then and it doesn't really get any easier

#37 Hansen's #1 fan

Hansen's #1 fan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

Too tough to watch. That series was an embarrassing way to end an otherwise perfect season.

#38 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

I swear we could've scored the first goal. Daniel dropped to Henrik, but instead of passing it to Burrows who had a little less than half the net open to snipe the puck home, he carried it himself and shot it.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#39 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

If I were to watch it again, I would need to buy a new tv :mad:
Posted Image

#40 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

I know many oilers and flames fans bough it and watched it over and over again. My wife bought it and plays it every time when we have a fight to piss me off.

What a turrible person she is.

#41 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

I will happily rewatch it the moment we finally win our first cup. The pain will suddenly disappear for me when we do.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#42 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

I can't even bring myself to think about it too much.

It seriously still don't get it. It seemed that everything that could've gone wrong for our team, did go wrong.

I had a sick feeling in my stomach when Kesler got hurt in the SJ game. I was rooting for Tampa, because I was worried Chara would shut the Sedins down. I felt relieved when we took the 2-0 series lead, but unfortunately, that did not last long.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#43 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

Can't watch it, same goes for game 7 in '94, although I've seen games 5 and 6 from '94 a few times

#44 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

I always felt, rightly or wrongly, that like more than once in the Boston series, we came out charged up and playing a high tempo game trying to get the first goal, then against the run of play Boston hit us on the counter and it was uphill from there.

I haven't felt the urge to test my theory though. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Footnote.

I went to 6/six Hampden Park Scottish Cup Finals in a row to watch my football/soccer team being defeated each time (half of them against the run of play imo) The 7th time, to my everlasting regret, I told my friends I would watch it on the TV............you guessed it, they beat Glasgow Rangers 1-0 with probably the poorest team and flakiest manager out of all 7 games.

Fate/Lady Luck will screw with you every time.
Kevin.jpg

#45 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

now we know what it's like for the older generation who can't stand watching the 94 scf

1994 was way better than 2011, 1994 we were actually close. 2011 was f--king embarassing

#46 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

to be honest, i rarely watch games more than once as it is. I mean there have been the exceptions like a games from 2002-2003ish that have appeared on the canucks site, just to see how good the WCE line really was. But thats quite rare.

It was easy to blame Luongo last year, but the fact still remains that we only scored 7-8 goals. So averaging 1 goal per game. Even if Schnieder was in net, we still would have lost.

No scoring = no chance.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#47 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

now we know what it's like for the older generation who can't stand watching the 94 scf

You know 1994 was only 18 years ago right? Pretty much 98% of CDC was alive when that happened. (I was five, but I still remember it a bit. Thats when I learned to love hockey.)
Now get off my lawn!

Posted Image

#48 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

To this day, I still haven't watch anything past the point when the buzzer went to signal the end of the third period.

I refuse to watch it until we have brought Lord Stanley home...

#49 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

The game was fine. I couldn't stand seeing the refs

#50 Panjodh

Panjodh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

I stopped watching game 7 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd period. I just didn't want to see chara lift the cup. Since then I don't know what happened.

#51 rotiman187

rotiman187

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

I have seen some of the tht game again, The canucks had so many chances to score the first goal or even take a 2 goal lead, but that bergeron goal went in do to our scrambly defense canucks just went flat and couldnt buy a goal.
That game was a lot closer then the score indicated, all the bounces went the bruins way and canucks had no luck at all.

Edited by rotiman187, 26 March 2012 - 09:03 AM.

Posted Image

#52 Akillys

Akillys

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

I may be alone here, but, I can watch the 94 series with pride. I guess it's because we were the underdog (huge underdog, in fact) and our team played out of their minds, coming back from a 3-1 series deficit. Yes, it was a heartbreaking finish, but, an incredible, unexpected ride.

Last year was much different. We were the best regular season team BY FAR. There was nowhere to go but down, I suppose. After the crazy series against the Hawks, the next 2 series' were relatively easy, setting up a final where WE were the heavy favourites--it almost felt as if it were meant to be. However, even though we had a 2-0 lead, we blew it. Blame it on the injuries, reffing, goaltending, whatever you want, last year should have been ours regardless. That's why last year's loss was worse in a way. It wasn't that it was just heartbreaking, it was embarrassing.

sums up exactly how i feel. I just watched the '94 final game the other day and it was a damn good game. I would much rather lose the way we did in '94 then lose like we did to boston.

for those interested: http://video.google....149988063140480
- sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't go.

#53 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

I was curious to see if anyone else had the guts to watch last years game 7 final again? I recently watched the whole thing and wanted to know if anyone else has watched it after the day we lost...........I found that it could change your perspective on Luongo pretty quick.........but I still believe in him!

Any other flaws in players you want to point out? Discuss..............

GOD!!!! First off, why would you wanna watch it?!Second, why would you make a thread about it?!Third, HOW CAN YOU BLAME LOUNGO FOR US LOSING THAT GAME?!!?! LEMME PUT IT THIS WAY: WE. DIDN'T. SCORE. A. SINGLE. GOAL. IN. THAT. GAME.Also: Timmy Thomas shut us out.To clarify: We scored zero goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#54 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

I switched it off for the 3rd period when it was live and I never, ever do that.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#55 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

I switched it off for the 3rd period when it was live and I never, ever do that.

I felt better watching the riots than watch Thomas and Chara lift the cup in OUR barn....and I hated watching the riots.

#56 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

I felt better watching the riots than watch Thomas and Chara lift the cup in OUR barn....and I hated watching the riots.

I wonder if "we" will riot more when we win.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#57 Canucksled

Canucksled

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

I have never watched it as it is too depressing.To make things worse I live in Saskatoon now and a retard 2 blocks from me Painted his stucco home Bruins colors and air brushed a huge Bruins Stanley cup sign covering his whole garage door.I am reminded every day when I drive by that house. :sadno:

IT ALSO DEVALUES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD :sick:

Posted Image

If you shoved your fingers in my mouth I'd bite them too!!!!!!

#58 We Are All Cucks

We Are All Cucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

'94 was heart wrenching but left you with a sense of pride...
'11 I didn't even watch the whole thing. It took the last period and a half to lop off that 4 inch beard.

#59 thundernuts

thundernuts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

I haven't watched game 7 of '94 or '11 again, nor will I.

For me, 94 was much more heartbreaking. It was truly a cinderella run, and with a few different calls (Damn you Terry Gregson!!!) could have gone either way. Last years game 7 wasn't even close. Boston won, and deserved to win that game.
Hopefully this year, the boys can stay healthy and give us a SCF winning game that we can watch over and over and over and over and.........
Posted Image

#60 majordowner

majordowner

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

I recently watched it.....and realized the Canucks didn't really play that badly. Tim Thomas stole that game early and once the Bruins scored, they just lost the will to win and got discouraged. One of those early chances go in, it's a different game. I think a lot of people lost sight of that after the riot footage started and iced the loser cake with s#it.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.