Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Game 7 Scf 2011

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#91 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Watched it in person. I have no desire to watch it again.

I have every game of the 1994 finals on VHS. I have watched every one of them at one time or another. Except for game 7. It's been nearly 18 years and i can't bring myself to watch it. :sadno:

#92 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

I know many oilers and flames fans bough it and watched it over and over again. My wife bought it and plays it every time when we have a fight to piss me off.

Dump that @^%&$# FAST !!!! :lol:

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#93 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

now we know what it's like for the older generation who can't stand watching the 94 scf

Damn right 94 still hurts me because we were in it till the final minutes ! Seems like yesterday. So yeah try going through it twice, not a bundle of joy if you know what i mean ! :(

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#94 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

I may be alone here, but, I can watch the 94 series with pride. I guess it's because we were the underdog (huge underdog, in fact) and our team played out of their minds, coming back from a 3-1 series deficit. Yes, it was a heartbreaking finish, but, an incredible, unexpected ride.

Last year was much different. We were the best regular season team BY FAR. There was nowhere to go but down, I suppose. After the crazy series against the Hawks, the next 2 series' were relatively easy, setting up a final where WE were the heavy favourites--it almost felt as if it were meant to be. However, even though we had a 2-0 lead, we blew it. Blame it on the injuries, reffing, goaltending, whatever you want, last year should have been ours regardless. That's why last year's loss was worse in a way. It wasn't that it was just heartbreaking, it was embarrassing.

Yea, I can watch the 94 series no problem, for the same reasons.
Posted Image

#95 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

You know 1994 was only 18 years ago right? Pretty much 98% of CDC was alive when that happened. (I was five, but I still remember it a bit. Thats when I learned to love hockey.)
Now get off my lawn!

You have the age demographics of CDC? Impressive. :)

I'm in the same generation, but I doubt even half of our generation's Canucks fans understood hockey when they were 5, or at least enough to feel the pain of losing in game 7.
Posted Image

#96 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

I remember i was holding my own,watching the celebration,but I broke when The crowd started changing go Canucks go and then the players thanked the fans.
What a sad day
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#97 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

I remember i was holding my own,watching the celebration,but I broke when I the crowd started changing go Canucks go and then the players thanked the fans.
What a sad day
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#98 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Couldn't watch. Was too terrible to even attempt. The memory plays in my head anyways...
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.