• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teemu Selänne

[Discussion] Interesting Unrestricted Free Agents

99 posts in this topic

Of course it's possible, I really hope MG can work his magic and reel in a Top 4. Tanev isn't ready yet, I'd say it'll be at least another year for him. Suter is obviously more realistic than Weber, but it'll be tough. It all depends on how much cap increase teams get, and hopefully our players will take a pay cut to stay here.

Semin, Parise, Moen, Stuart, and Vokoun please :)

Daniel - Henrik - Booth

Semin - Kesler - Parise

Burrows - Pahlsson - Moen

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Stuart

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev/Gragnani

Luongo

Vokoun

So basically this line up is just asking for the cup.

What about Brandon Yip and Greg Zanon? BC Boys that can probably sign for cheap to come to their hometown. Good depth guys too.

What about Brandon Yip and Greg Zanon? BC Boys that can probably sign for cheap to come to their hometown. Good depth guys too.

Dear god no! Semin has no heart and does not belong on this team.

10 points in Washington's last 9 and most important games. 30 points in 37 career playoff games.

Not bad for a player with 'no heart' who would be a 2nd liner here.

And he's currently getting $6.7 million... HOLY CAP HIT, BATMAN!!!

regards,

G.

I don't think Moen will be available. There were a number of reports around the trade deadline that the Canadiens told Moen's agent that he was in their plans for the future. Of course that could change if Gauthier gets the axe like he should

I still think the Caps should take Wideman over Green

Guys I'd want to go after (assuming they're available):

Justin Schultz

Jason Garrison

Bryan Allen

Ryan Suter

Zach Parise

Torrey Mitchell

Travis Moen

Sammy Pahlsson

Guys I'd want to go after (assuming they're available):

Justin Schultz

Jason Garrison

Bryan Allen

Ryan Suter

Zach Parise

Torrey Mitchell

Travis Moen

Sammy Pahlsson

If the Nucks get bounced in the 1st round, I think they trade for Nash @ the draft.

Brian Rolston added. What an impressive run he is on right now.

Thought of the day:

Depending what direction GMMG and co. go this off-season, it is very apparent the Kesler line needs a playmaker who can also play a good cycling game and actually keep the play alive. Raymond can't do it. Booth, as much as I like him, struggles to make a play while cycling and Higgins is good at it - but not top-6 contender good at it, IMO. At least not in the playoffs.

Kristian Huselius might be the perfect fit.

He has 195 assists in 429 games since the lockout. That counts the last two seasons which have been absolutely injury riddled. But that might be a blessing in disguise for some team. He'll come cheap and won't cost any assets.

If Gillis could get this guy on a 1 year/3.8 million dollar deal or something similar, that could end up being a steal.

He isn't small - about 6'1, 190 pounds. Not huge, but he's proven he's tough enough to keep the play going.

He's never made it past the 1st round, but he's never really played on a contender either.

Huselius - Kesler - Booth/Kassian could be a good line if Kesler can snap out of it next season or sooner.

Hey, that got me thinking, he still hits quite a bit, but not as often as before.

Would he be good with the Sedins? Put Burrows with Pahlsson and hopefully Moen.

Malhotra gone because he doesn't have a full NTC/NMC

Sedin-Sedin-Rolston

Parise-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Burrows

Moen-Lapierre-Hansen

?