The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Interesting Unrestricted Free Agents

Of course it's possible, I really hope MG can work his magic and reel in a Top 4. Tanev isn't ready yet, I'd say it'll be at least another year for him. Suter is obviously more realistic than Weber, but it'll be tough. It all depends on how much cap increase teams get, and hopefully our players will take a pay cut to stay here.

Semin, Parise, Moen, Stuart, and Vokoun please :)

Daniel - Henrik - Booth

Semin - Kesler - Parise

Burrows - Pahlsson - Moen

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Stuart

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev/Gragnani

Luongo

Vokoun

So basically this line up is just asking for the cup.

Thought of the day:

Depending what direction GMMG and co. go this off-season, it is very apparent the Kesler line needs a playmaker who can also play a good cycling game and actually keep the play alive. Raymond can't do it. Booth, as much as I like him, struggles to make a play while cycling and Higgins is good at it - but not top-6 contender good at it, IMO. At least not in the playoffs.

Kristian Huselius might be the perfect fit.

He has 195 assists in 429 games since the lockout. That counts the last two seasons which have been absolutely injury riddled. But that might be a blessing in disguise for some team. He'll come cheap and won't cost any assets.

If Gillis could get this guy on a 1 year/3.8 million dollar deal or something similar, that could end up being a steal.

He isn't small - about 6'1, 190 pounds. Not huge, but he's proven he's tough enough to keep the play going.

He's never made it past the 1st round, but he's never really played on a contender either.

Huselius - Kesler - Booth/Kassian could be a good line if Kesler can snap out of it next season or sooner.

Hey, that got me thinking, he still hits quite a bit, but not as often as before.

Would he be good with the Sedins? Put Burrows with Pahlsson and hopefully Moen.

Malhotra gone because he doesn't have a full NTC/NMC

Sedin-Sedin-Rolston

Parise-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Burrows

Moen-Lapierre-Hansen

?

Archived