Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Interesting Unrestricted Free Agents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#31 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Lol I think Vokoun did the 1 year $1million thing... He's a $4+million guy. I doubt he's gonna go that route again.

Semin will probably end up with $5 million. Moen will probably end up with $2 million, THE CAP IS GOING UP TO $70 MILLION!?! thats a huge hike IMO.

Parise is a $7.5 million guy, unless he goes for a structured long term thing to bump the cap number down ala Ilya.

It is more likely to be around 67-68 million.

Moen for 2 million would be worth it IMO, but I think he'll get just under.

I don't think Moen will be available. There were a number of reports around the trade deadline that the Canadiens told Moen's agent that he was in their plans for the future. Of course that could change if Gauthier gets the axe like he should

I heard those reports too, but if you're Moen, why would you want to stay in the crazy fishbowl of Montreal on a fairly bad team? I guess you never know, but they'd probably have to be pretty generous..

#32 Weber's Playoff Beard

Weber's Playoff Beard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

You wouldn't resign Salo for 2 mil?...

#33 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

How much do you guys think Dennis Wideman will fetch?

Almost the same situation as Ehrhoff last year. Same age, similar season total & even similar career totals. Same size almost. I wonder if Dennis will be as greedy. Although I would venture to say that Wideman is a slightly better player and that he has looked better in previous playoffs. Ehrhoff was definitely better because of NB's system, whereas Wideman has put up the points in different situations.

I wonder if he'll seek a short or long term deal...

If Gillis could get him for 4.8-4.9 million over 6 years I think that would be a steal, although he'll probably get around 5.25-5.5 - at least offered by teams like NYI, etc.

#34 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

You wouldn't resign Salo for 2 mil?...

What do you mean?

#35 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

This is if the salary cap (and it most likely will) goes up in the offseason:

Matt Carle, Jason Garrison & Pavel Kubina/ Brad Stuart for defense. And that would mean, no defenseman would get tired.

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Carle
Garrison Kubina/Stuart

Matt Carle: 3 year, $12.5 million deal. $4,166,666 cap hit.
Jason Garrison: 4 year, $13.3 million deal. $3,325,000 cap hit.
IF BRAD STUART: 3 year, $10.8 million deal. $3,600,000 cap hit.
IF PAVEL KUBINA: 2 year, $7 million deal. $3,500,000 cap hit. (Kubina will be 35)

Re-sign Samuel Pahlsson, Byron Bitz, Dale Weise, Aaron Rome & Eddie Lack.

Samuel Pahlsson: 2 year, $4.5 million deal. $2,250,000 cap hit.
Byron Bitz: 1 year, $700,000.
Dale Weise: 1 year, $700,000.
Aaron Rome: 1 year, $875,000.
Eddie Lack: 1 year $805,000.

Trade Schneider for Connolly+1st from TBL

Trade 2 1st's and Connolly for Dustin Brown.

Sedin Sedin Brown
Burrows Kesler Booth
Higgins Pahlsson Kassian
Malhotra Lapierre Hansen
Bitz, Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Carle
Garrison Kubina/Stuart
Rome, Tanev

Luongo & Lack

Edited by Liberace, 27 March 2012 - 01:02 AM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#36 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Jim Slater added.

#37 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Garrison, Tootoo and Syvret, please.

I've been wondering for years now why Danny hasn't found his way as a bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL but as a 7/8/9 man for us, he'd be solid. Tootoo is a player I have dreamed of seeing in a Canucks jersey since he was in juniors. Jason I'd like only for the right price. I have a feeling he'll command some big bucks and in that case I'm considerably less interested but a hometown boy taking a paycut to play in front of family and friends? I'm in.
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#38 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Brad Stuart or Pavel Kubina for the 2nd pairing. If Wideman doesn't sign, Tanev gets bumped up and Salo reti... then sign Sheldon Brookbank for the #6 role. Decent skater, can fight and was one of only a few Ducks to not be a "minus" when the team was slumping.

Hammer - Bieksa
Edler - Stuart/ Kubina (I'll take Colaiacovo if the other two aren't available)/ Tanev

EDIT: what makes people think Wideman and Edler will go well together? Aren't they both basically strictly offensively oriented, even though they have the wheels to cover their mistakes? Who'll cover their own zone when they turn it over?

Edited by MessiNacity10, 27 March 2012 - 09:50 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#39 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

I would love to see Brad Stuart in a Canucks jersey.

Wideman would be good too but I think his value will be way to inflated come July 1st.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#40 Philipp0130

Philipp0130

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

My Dream for next season:

D. Sedin H. Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Jensen Phalsson Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Weise/pinizotto,Malhotra

Hamhuis Bieksa

Wideman Edler

Grossman Tanev

Luongo
Lack (most likely to happen if we deal shneider)

Changes: we sign wideman and grossman while losing ballard,raymond in trades for a stock up in draft picks.
Posted Image

#41 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

The Vancouver Canucks from 2012 are a little different from the Canucks in 2004. Unless Moore said something himself that I missed?

It may just be me, but I'm 140% sure he won't go to the Canucks. Regardless of who owns the team and who plays there, it is still the organization, the city, the arena. Last time I checked, family comes first.

Dump Raymond (frees up 2.55) Salo retires (frees up 2) Maybe dump Ballard (frees up 4.25). Cap goes up to $70 mill (gives us another 5.7) so, if my math is right, we would have $14.5 in cap space. So here are the salaries I thought of:

Semin: 2 years @ $4,000,000 annually
Parise: 6 years @ $5,000,000 annually
Stuart: 3 years @ $3,500,000 annually
Moen: 2 years @ $1,500,000 annually
Vokoun: 1 year @ $1,500,000

So its just slightly over. If Lack is ready next year then it would fit just under the cap.

There is rumbling that Brad Stuart will go back to San Jose. His wife is from there, and he lives there in the off-season. Either there, or he stays in Detroit IMO.

EDIT: I would love Dennis Wideman on the Nucks.

Edited by y0shi, 28 March 2012 - 10:43 AM.

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#42 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

...Schneider at 1.

HAHAHA! You wish...

#43 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

I wouldn't mind having BMo back on the team. He may have lost his offensive touch, but coming back to Vancouver could help him regain it. I'd think he'd be a good fit for the 4th line, and you can never have too many centers.

I would love to have Vokoun, but would he be willing to play backup?
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#44 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

not too Luongo he wouldn't

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#45 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

It may just be me, but I'm 140% sure he won't go to the Canucks. Regardless of who owns the team and who plays there, it is still the organization, the city, the arena. Last time I checked, family comes first.

There is rumbling that Brad Stuart will go back to San Jose. His wife is from there, and he lives there in the off-season. Either there, or he stays in Detroit IMO.

EDIT: I would love Dennis Wideman on the Nucks.

You might be right, but I wouldn't say either of us know for sure (on Moore).

On Stuart, here's a quote:

Brad Stuart let it be known several weeks ago that it was very unlikely he’d be back in Detroit next season after his contract expires. That’s because his wife and their three children have stayed in their Los Gatos home the last three seasons and that’s too much distance.

Pollak continued:

Obviously the Sharks — where he started his career — would be the perfect landing spot at age 32. Is Stuart limiting his options to California? That could set up an interesting bidding war between Doug Wilson, who traded Stuart to Boston as part of the Joe Thornton deal, and Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi, who drafted Stuart.

The report also included a quote from Stuart himself, in which he infers that he feels the need to be closer to home.

IF I were Eklund it'd be giving an E4 on Stuart to Anaheim, San Jose or L.A..

I wouldn't mind having BMo back on the team. He may have lost his offensive touch, but coming back to Vancouver could help him regain it. I'd think he'd be a good fit for the 4th line, and you can never have too many centers.

From a sentimental standpoint I'd love to see B-Mo here if he'd accept a 13th forward type role. He'd be an improvement over Ebbett probably IMO. And right now he's playing that role anyway with Chicago.

Vokoun might not have a choice, but he'll probably get a better chance to showcase himself than being a backup to Luongo who has been known to play quite a few games..

#46 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Brad Stuart or Pavel Kubina for the 2nd pairing. If Wideman doesn't sign, Tanev gets bumped up and Salo reti... then sign Sheldon Brookbank for the #6 role. Decent skater, can fight and was one of only a few Ducks to not be a "minus" when the team was slumping.

Hammer - Bieksa
Edler - Stuart/ Kubina (I'll take Colaiacovo if the other two aren't available)/ Tanev

EDIT: what makes people think Wideman and Edler will go well together? Aren't they both basically strictly offensively oriented, even though they have the wheels to cover their mistakes? Who'll cover their own zone when they turn it over?

Do you really think that Edler is strictly offensively oriented? He puts up a lot of points (especially when the Sedin PP isn't slumping), but he chooses his spots and plays very well in both-ends. Wideman is more like Ehrhoff (and more offensively oriented) but when Edler & Ehrhoff did spend 5-on-5 time together they looked good. I'd say that Wideman would be an even better fit considering he is a right-handed defenseman and I would argue that he is grittier as well - for example Wideman has 100+ hits this year whereas Ehrhoff has under-50 and Ehrhoff did disappear at some points in the playoffs last year whereas Wideman has shown (so far) to up his game in the playoffs (19 points, +6 in his last 24 games).

#47 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Good thread idea I think you should add Dan Dekeyser as bs is a big free agent attraction

He won't be eligible this summer. He's returning to school next year.

Otherwise wouldn't mind Parise but it'll be hard to get him cheap and don't know if he'll fit under our cap.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#48 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Here are some other reasons I'd like to see Wideman in a Nucks' jersey:

#49 powerman

powerman

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

I dont think MG will get Wideman. He will be so sought after and therefore too expensive on the open market. MG has always gone for the lower profile players in Free Agency. Unless he trades for his rights at the draft which is a possibility. But will still be in the 5mil+ range in that situation I believe

Edited by powerman, 28 March 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#50 powerman

powerman

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Having this high of a cap hit would make it really hard to re-sign edler at the end of next year

#51 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Having this high of a cap hit would make it really hard to re-sign edler at the end of next year

Well it all depends what Dennis would like & the cap will probably be considerably higher by then, especially if PHX is moved.

#52 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Nice summary, pretty sure we will never see anyone named Moore in a Canucks jersey though.

#53 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

Little HB finalist Jack Connolly added.

#54 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Moore and Stuart crossed off because of unlikeliness.

Edit: Guess I never added Stuart.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 28 March 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#55 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

I dont think MG will get Wideman. He will be so sought after and therefore too expensive on the open market. MG has always gone for the lower profile players in Free Agency. Unless he trades for his rights at the draft which is a possibility. But will still be in the 5mil+ range in that situation I believe

As much as I'd like to see him sign with us, I agree with you on this one. Suter is unlikely as well for the same reasons :(
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#56 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

As much as I'd like to see him sign with us, I agree with you on this one. Suter is unlikely as well for the same reasons :(

It is hard to say though. If the PP stays cold and the Canucks have a 1st round exit or something like that, Gillis will have to make some kind of move to improve things. Bringing in a top-4 defenseman to play with Edler might end up being a necessity more than a choice, especially if Salo retires, unless management trusts Tanev enough.

#57 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

6'3 forward Jeremy Welsh added.

J.T. Brown (Tampa) & Spencer Abbott (TML) were signed today, so dominoes are falling.

#58 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

It is hard to say though. If the PP stays cold and the Canucks have a 1st round exit or something like that, Gillis will have to make some kind of move to improve things. Bringing in a top-4 defenseman to play with Edler might end up being a necessity more than a choice, especially if Salo retires, unless management trusts Tanev enough.

Of course it's possible, I really hope MG can work his magic and reel in a Top 4. Tanev isn't ready yet, I'd say it'll be at least another year for him. Suter is obviously more realistic than Weber, but it'll be tough. It all depends on how much cap increase teams get, and hopefully our players will take a pay cut to stay here.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#59 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Sadly with the new CBA coming we're going to have be careful with the money we spend
Usually that means building up for prospects and not spending big time on big money players.
I could see us going after Schultz, and cheap depth players. But maybe if Parise wants to take Kesler money at 5m /year maybe he fits in as he replaces Raymond's 2.5m salary.
Also that Yakupov looks like a good player, but I digress.

#60 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

After watching Asham lately I would really like to see him on the 4th line. He started the year playing some pretty half-ass hockey, but has really started to hit his stride again as a solid 4th liner.

And the Philly-Pits game? Even though what he did was probably over the line, it probably wouldn't be a bad thing to bring to the Nucks' 4th line.

He's on pace for about 20 points again, pretty solid for a 4th liner.

92 hits in 62 games.

Averaging 9 minutes a game. A bit more than Weise and about the same as Ebbett.

I would perfer Tootoo, but that guy is probably gonna demand 1.5 million at last on the open market, which might be too much for the Canucks' 4th line.

Malhotra - Lapierre - Asham would be a pretty good 4th line, if Lapierre is returned to that role.

He has 11 points in his last 30 playoff games. Once again, not bad for a 4th liner.

1 year @ 950,000 would probably be a fair offer.

Guess it depends how he does in this year's playoffs though.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.