The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One More Shutout For Roberto Luongo...

Tank Hankerous

Yes he is playing rock steady right now and nice for him to get the shutout.

The one thing that he does not have that the other goalies do have is a Stanley Cup win. Maybe this is the year that he can have as good a playoffs as he has a regular season. At least we have an experienced Cory Schneider is he falters. I think that this year, AV will use both of his goalies without fear because he has the luxury of having two goalies at the top of their game.

He could have a 0.25 GAA this SCF, and still there'd be people whinging on about trading him July 1 because Cory would've never let in THAT goal.

EDIT: for those who figure there's no Canuck love at NHL.com.

3rd star: Karlsson

2nd star: Bertie

1st star: some 'has-been' with a 38 save shutout.

It kind of seems like Luongo has turned a corner in his career here in Vancouver. When he first came here he was lights out and was fully praised as the savior of the franchise. Then came the whole captaincy era where a tremendous amount of pressure was put on him and it really seemed like parts of his game changed (some of which I believe was due to his groin) and alot of fans were unhappy with his performances.

Now...Roberto seems as confident as he has ever been and looks fantastic down the stretch, exactly what we need going into another protracted playoff run. Has the pressure become less? I don't really think so, personally I just think his shoulders are starting to get stronger to support that heavy load from Canucks fandom.

What a ridiculous statement engineered to get you some +'s. When he plays good he gets praise, when he plays bad he gets criticised just the same as any other player on the team. Only an idiot would do otherwise.....unless he is fond of using the tired line 'haters always gonna hate' just so they get the rah rah's from the 'good ol boys'.

All that has been pointed out is that he does not have a Cup win, his play has been questionable in the playoffs and that his regular season(with the exception of the start of the season) has been great. Maybe this is his year to put it all together in the playoffs but right now we do not know which Luo will show up because he has demonstrated that he cracks under the pressure during key games and then stands on his head during the next outing. A little more consistancy in the playoffs would make many of us sleep easier.....probably you too.

Lou is an interesting study. When hes on his game he can be great , but when hes off...hes way off. I read Derek jory's article and Lous comments on the end of game flurry in front of his net.

Lou said..he was trying to seal off the bottom of the net, which is rule #1...I'm wondering if Melanson had a say in that because he had gotten away from that in his bad games.Its great to have goalie coaches and the tapes to play back and refer to. Congrats Lou.

I find it hilarious that it's the same people who bash him all the time. Anyone who disagrees with them is bias even with stats to back up the arguments. And then when he gets a shutout it's the team, when the team loses it's his fault.

Same thing over and over from the same group of people.

I find it hilarious that it's the same people who bash him all the time. Anyone who disagrees with them is bias even with stats to back up the arguments. And then when he gets a shutout it's the team, when the team loses it's his fault.

Same thing over and over from the same group of people.

Archived