The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One More Shutout For Roberto Luongo...

Tank Hankerous

Was thinking that too. Idk why, but I gotta feeling if Lu gets shutout #60 before the playoffs, he'll roll all playoffs long and we'll win the Cup - again, don't know why, but it seems like something that will significantly make him stronger physically and mentally.

Here's to hoping he gets it before the post-season :)

Wonder how far ahead he'd be in the record books if he hadn't had to play those early years with a crappy Florida team

He has more pressure on him than most other players in the NHL. Great to see that he's found a way to cope with it and thrive in that kind of environment.

Oh yeah...

and Luongo is a shoe-in for the International Ice HockeyFederation Hall of Fame when he retires.

5-0 in the 2010 Olympics with a 1.76 GAA and a gold medal.

10-3 record in World Hockey Championships with 2 gold medals and a silver

A gold medal in the 2004 World Cup of Hockey

A silver at the 1999 World Juniors with a 1.93 GAA over 7 games.

17-2-3 Record with 4 shutouts in 23 games with the Senior men's team throughout his career.

One of the best international goalies in hockey history.

One game does not a season make.

For goalies with more than 2o games played, he is still 18th in GAA, and 15th in save %. His partner is 2nd in save %, and 5th in GAA - playing in front of the same team. That makes Lou an average goalie, at best. No reason not to trade a very average goalie, if he would give us the chance, but he has an NTC - at least for now.

1 Shutout tonight and everyone is jumping on Luongo's Bandwagon. Im gonna stay firm and not jump on until he wins us a Cup.

Next time when he lets in 4+ goals, which could be the next few games or in the playoffs, everyone gonna say "Trade Luongo. Let Cory play and bench Luongo. Luongo is over rated, he costs too much"

1 Shutout tonight and everyone is jumping on Luongo's Bandwagon. Im gonna stay firm and not jump on until he wins us a Cup.

Next time when he lets in 4+ goals, which could be the next few games or in the playoffs, everyone gonna say "Trade Luongo. Let Cory play and bench Luongo. Luongo is over rated, he costs too much"

One game does not a season make.

For goalies with more than 2o games played, he is still 18th in GAA, and 15th in save %. His partner is 2nd in save %, and 5th in GAA - playing in front of the same team. That makes Lou an average goalie, at best. No reason not to trade a very average goalie, if he would give us the chance, but he has an NTC - at least for now.

You know I got to admit I've been pretty hard on Luongo, Not like the haters but I am very over critical. It comes from playing on good teams. Unfortunately as an out player you are not going anywhere without your goalie. There is only one of them and they play all 60 min usually, hopefully. So, so important. I was so happy to see him play well again and I remember the old Luongo love I have and should always have. When he just comes in and puts these performances in after all the crap he puts up with I'm very insighted as to how undeniably valuable amongst the throng he is. I know there is a word for that but I just can't get it right now.

He is absolutely terrific. We are spoiled that we give him such a hard time.

On a side note, I've loved his side net play as of late and his decision making on stick handling plays. That makes it better for me. I think he and Rollie have really come to a understanding on how to play that.

It's obvious that Luongo>>Schneids when they are at their best.. but at this point it is tough not to question who would you rather keep...

Luongo has that ability to carry an entire team on his back for an extended period of time and is an all-star but his consistency in the past few years has been iffy.. I don't really blame him for some of the team meltdowns but at some times it looks like he looks below average. His age is relatively high and his contract is definitely something to think about... His cap-hit is good for an elite goaltender but the length is still an issue.

Whereas Schneider has been very consistent in the past 2 years with Vezina consideration worthy numbers. Sure he hasn't played as much and still not very proven as a starter.. but he was able to be a dominant force in the stretch of consecutive starts for him earlier in the season.. and sometimes, being able to play a solid game after sitting for a while shows your ability and composure. Schneider is also younger who should get a more favorable contract next year than Luongo's.

I think with a team like ours, a consistent goalie who will give a bit more cap space is better than one that can carry the team on his shoulders but also look very average at some moments..

I'm a Luongo supporter but IMO it would be slightly better to keep Schneids.. of course it still depends on what we could get from trading either one.. and also hoping Luongo can prove me wrong in the next little while

Archived