The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One More Shutout For Roberto Luongo...

Tank Hankerous

Couldnt agree more....yes he got a shut out, but his team played awsome defensively in front of him...he really didnt have a difficult save all night .............that is if you don't count the routine saves he makes LOOK difficult....and how many times did he lose his stick last night. I agree...unless you are wearing rose coloured glasses he is an average goalie at best...the stats don't lie!!

What a ridiculous statement engineered to get you some +'s. When he plays good he gets praise, when he plays bad he gets criticised just the same as any other player on the team. Only an idiot would do otherwise.....unless he is fond of using the tired line 'haters always gonna hate' just so they get the rah rah's from the 'good ol boys'.

All that has been pointed out is that he does not have a Cup win, his play has been questionable in the playoffs and that his regular season(with the exception of the start of the season) has been great. Maybe this is his year to put it all together in the playoffs but right now we do not know which Luo will show up because he has demonstrated that he cracks under the pressure during key games and then stands on his head during the next outing. A little more consistancy in the playoffs would make many of us sleep easier.....probably you too.

1 Shutout tonight and everyone is jumping on Luongo's Bandwagon. Im gonna stay firm and not jump on until he wins us a Cup.

Next time when he lets in 4+ goals, which could be the next few games or in the playoffs, everyone gonna say "Trade Luongo. Let Cory play and bench Luongo. Luongo is over rated, he costs too much"

I don;t disagree that Luongo has been the best Goalie the Canucks have had or that he will set a lot of team records, but, lets give the team a lot of credit. Luongo's stats would not be near as good were he still playing in florida ! Playing on an elite team has a lot of benefits !

I don;t disagree that Luongo has been the best Goalie the Canucks have had or that he will set a lot of team records, but, lets give the team a lot of credit. Luongo's stats would not be near as good were he still playing in florida ! Playing on an elite team has a lot of benefits !

Couldnt agree more....yes he got a shut out, but his team played awsome defensively in front of him...he really didnt have a difficult save all night .............that is if you don't count the routine saves he makes LOOK difficult....and how many times did he lose his stick last night. I agree...unless you are wearing rose coloured glasses he is an average goalie at best...the stats don't lie!!

One game does not a season make.

For goalies with more than 2o games played, he is still 18th in GAA, and 15th in save %. His partner is 2nd in save %, and 5th in GAA - playing in front of the same team. That makes Lou an average goalie, at best. No reason not to trade a very average goalie, if he would give us the chance, but he has an NTC - at least for now.

Archived