The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo, Schneider, Lack

Niners70

Long gone are the goalie grave yard days. I for one cannot wait to see what we fetch for Schneider. We are going to get some excellent pieces. And then I cannot wait to read how many people on here throw Luongo under the bus when Lack becomes the back up who could be a number 1 anywhere in the league? All the while still wearing my Luongo Jersey proudly, watching this Canatta kid we just signed light it up in Chicago. Who will be the next Schneider, or do I mean Lack. And 5-7 years from now, Luongo will then and only then be long in the tooth, and will hand the reigns over to this kid. Maybe ...:)

At that point we will all look back and see how Luongo has been instrumental in developing Schneider, Lack and Canatta. Who in turn push Luongo to stay at the top of his game. We might even thank him for the many high end prospects we are going to get through trading Schneider and Lack. Prospects who may end up being centre pieces of our system ? A system that never has to be blown up and start over. Thanks Luongo I'll always have your back Paisano !

Long gone are the goalie grave yard days. I for one cannot wait to see what we fetch for Schneider. We are going to get some excellent pieces. And then I cannot wait to read how many people on here throw Luongo under the bus when Lack becomes the back up who could be a number 1 anywhere in the league? All the while still wearing my Luongo Jersey proudly, watching this Canatta kid we just signed light it up in Chicago. Who will be the next Schneider, or do I mean Lack. And 5-7 years from now, Luongo will then and only then be long in the tooth, and will hand the reigns over to this kid. Maybe ... :)

At that point we will all look back and see how Luongo has been instrumental in developing Schneider, Lack and Canatta. Who in turn push Luongo to stay at the top of his game. We might even thank him for the many high end prospects we are going to get through trading Schneider and Lack. Prospects who may end up being centre pieces of our system ? A system that never has to be blown up and start over. Thanks Luongo I'll always have your back Paisano !

I don't believe "Lighting it up" is a good term for a goalie... considering that implies scoring lots of goals... How about "Rip it up" or "Stand on his head"... Or for all I know you actually want this guy to "Light it up" and become the highest goal scoring goalie ever (what would that be, like 3 goals?, or 4?)

lou would wave the NTC for Florida, and FL has the cap space to do it.

(Lou's Mrs is from there and they spend off seasons there)

in return YVR would either want high draft picks, or else a 3 way trade with some good players coming back.

but it would free 6M cap. they would also want to sign a veteran goalie for just in case.

but that is sheer speculating no way of knowing what management priorities are.

besides they're focused on playoffs now, not offseason)

so what is spinarama doing here.

Here's the issue, though...

1. Trade return for Schneider > return for Luongo (likely)

2. Cap hit for Schneids next season won't be much less than Lu TRUE (most likely)

3. Schneids is great, but unproven

(he does have great upside though, so much so that weak teams will likely play him already)

I think point 1 alone is enough to keep Luongo. We want to improve the entire team. By trading Schneids we improve other aspects of our team while still having good goaltending now and some great goalies waiting in the wing (Lack, Cannata, Honzik...).

Archived