The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"buzzkill For The Canucks' Next Shot At The Cup" - Globe And Mail

awalk

sorry for posting so much, but the riot issue just gets me incensed. One other huge deterrent would be, if the police could prosecute the rioters faster than it happened, our justice system is ridiculous. The london riots those people were prosecuted swiftly and justly. One major deterrent that will work is that dumb rioter who will serve 2 years behind bars. also another rag on our justice system that rioter gets 2 years, but sexually assaulting kids thats 2 years too, cmon canada you need to get your sh*& together

does this mean that there wont be any " Presentations by some of the city’s most accomplished arena refrigeration technicians"

and we can watch the game on a TV larger then 42 inchs?? "Games may only be screened on televisions of 42 inches or less (measured diagonally.)"

People freaking out about others being too gullible need to relax. Considering the type of writing that is published these days, plus the BS that went down in June 2011 - this isn't as 'unbelievable'. I'm in class and couldn't help skimming through the 'article', should probably pay more attention to what I read on CDC or otherwise face the wrath of CDC's brilliant-minded.

:lol: Let me guess, you were one of the ones who..........

Calm down? As I posted earlier, up there ^^ somewhere, we're just laughing uproariously and shaking our heads at the gullibility of some folks...... anyone with 1/2 a brain on reading the OP couldn't honestly believe it was real.

Exactly, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. It would have amounted to some idiots pulling off minor destruction of property, and while that would have been awful, it would have been nowhere near as bad.

What I don't like is being lumped into a category with those people because I like to be surrounded by large groups of hockey fans to fully enjoy the experience. The gold medal victoria for Canada was INSANE. INSANE. And I wasn't some drunk idiot walking around pissing on everything (although I was buzzed, to be sure). So I get a bit annoyed when people say "don't come downtown, simple as that" because the downtown is the area that fuels the city that I work to live in, and the area of the city where I want to enjoy my hard earned money. How about instead of saying anyone who wants to go downtown to drink a few and watch the game is a rioter, be more prepared in the future for the morons who wait for opportunities to act like animals. Crack down on the criminals, don't blanket the situation.

And for those that live downtown, I'm sorry, I have zero sympathy. You live downtown for the access to nightlife and action, when that goes bad, and it will go bad, it's what you take with the good. Simple as that ;)

Archived