Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

"buzzkill For The Canucks' Next Shot At The Cup" - Globe And Mail

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#31 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,514 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

The first recommendation is:

"All licensed establishments and liquor outlets in Vancouver will be prohibited from selling or serving alcohol to anyone for the duration of the series."

The fact that none of the people who can't seem to understand satire didn't even mention this = they're all a bunch of underage kids.

PBF200-Les_Douleurs_de_la_Morte.jpg

#32 Panjodh

Panjodh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

So stupid! So that means you can't wear a Canucks jersey to a Canucks game? XD

#33 awalk

awalk

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,027 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

The first recommendation is:

"All licensed establishments and liquor outlets in Vancouver will be prohibited from selling or serving alcohol to anyone for the duration of the series."

The fact that none of the people who can't seem to understand satire didn't even mention this = they're all a bunch of underage kids.

Actually I'm 25 and I read the article thinking it was either a farce, or recommendations being made by a jacka** to the VPD. Honestly with some of the stuff I read these days it wasn't so far fetched.

Also, aren't kids by definition underage? At what age does one become an "of age kid"

Edited by awalk, 27 March 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#34 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

A well-deserved :picard: to anyone taking this seriously. Look up the definition of the word satire, people.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#35 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

If you are coming downtown to join "the crowd" you're inadvertantly responsible for providing a screen, to the people, who want to destroy the city. The city that I live in every day and work. Go somewhere else to get your "fix".

yo..i live on fraser and 5th..in downtown vancouver...i work in downtown vancouver, building skyscrapers and towers. every day. ....providing a screen??? because the city cant do it's job ..we should shut the city down?? the best city in canada..shaddup ya fool.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#36 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

If all you people read this and you think it's real.... May god have pity on your soul cause your dumb as hell.
Posted Image

#37 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,173 posts

The gullibility level on the board.....

Posted Image

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#38 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,736 posts

A well-deserved :picard: to anyone taking this seriously. Look up the definition of the word satire, people.

I am kind of wishing those of us with a brain didn't post in here just so we could laugh at all the dimwits that took this seriously ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#39 NordicNinja

NordicNinja

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yet another sign that stupid people are out-breeding everyone else... This place is sad.

#40 buddhai

buddhai

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

To all the rioters of Vancouver 2011,

Thank you ......

Edited by hockeyville88, 27 March 2012 - 12:45 PM.
Swear filter bypass

#41 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Just because you live downtown doesn't mean that the entire downtown is your home. Your home is the piece of property you own or rent. Yell at people who are entering it unlawfully or else shut up about it. Downtown is a fun place to go; don't like it, don't live there.

I only have a problem when people come down during a time in which two riots have taken place.

Perhaps if you have lived beside where a riot was taking place, you could understand. That for one small portion of time, people not be allowed to enter for the safety of others. You have the rest of the year to come downtown "for fun".

It was probably "fun" for you watching the riot, from the safety of your own home, far far away.

Different story when it's a couple blocks away.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#42 awalk

awalk

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,027 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I only have a problem when people come down during a time in which two riots have taken place.

Perhaps if you have lived beside where a riot was taking place, you could understand. That for one small portion of time, people not be allowed to enter for the safety of others. You have the rest of the year to come downtown "for fun".

It was probably "fun" for you watching the riot, from the safety of your own home, far far away.

Different story when it's a couple blocks away.

If you don't like crowds, maybe you shouldn't live downtown? 99% of the people watching the game downtown were not there to riot. It should be pretty obvious what kind of people started the riots.

#43 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

yo..i live on fraser and 5th..in downtown vancouver...i work in downtown vancouver, building skyscrapers and towers. every day. ....providing a screen??? because the city cant do it's job ..we should shut the city down?? the best city in canada..shaddup ya fool.

Yup city should have done its job.

By dispersing crowds and limiting "the amount of people coming downtown".

"don't come downtown".

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#44 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

If you don't like crowds, maybe you shouldn't live downtown? 99% of the people watching the game downtown were not there to riot. It should be pretty obvious what kind of people started the riots.

I don't mind crowds. I was here during the Olympics mind you.

But after "two riots", I'm sick of playoff crowds and can you blame me?

#45 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

People freaking out about others being too gullible need to relax. Considering the type of writing that is published these days, plus the BS that went down in June 2011 - this isn't as 'unbelievable'. I'm in class and couldn't help skimming through the 'article', should probably pay more attention to what I read on CDC or otherwise face the wrath of CDC's brilliant-minded.

#46 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

People freaking out about others being too gullible need to relax. Considering the type of writing that is published these days, plus the BS that went down in June 2011 - this isn't as 'unbelievable'. I'm in class and couldn't help skimming through the 'article', should probably pay more attention to what I read on CDC or otherwise face the wrath of CDC's brilliant-minded.

Actually, nobody's 'freaking out', we're just laughing uproariously and shaking our heads at the gullibility of some people.......

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 27 March 2012 - 12:53 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#47 canIcrytoo

canIcrytoo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

well now that I know all the smart sensible people are following this thread.......
http://www.divx.nl/d...8ub5zeff_A&sr=1
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you

Posted Image

#48 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Actually, nobody's 'freaking out', we're just laughing uproariously and shaking our heads at the gullibility of some people.......

Oh crap, I forgot to proofread. Again.

#49 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I don't mind crowds. I was here during the Olympics mind you.

But after "two riots", I'm sick of playoff crowds and can you blame me?

I dont blame you for beaing freaked out... i blame you for thinking your *Possible* inconvienience is more important than peoples right to go where they want in their city.

The bottom line is: if you restrict peoples rights to go wherever and do whatever, it could lead to you losing your right to leave downtown for whatever reason anyone sees fit...

Perhaps its statistical that more people who live downtown grafitti peoples property in the burbs... no one should be alowed in or out of downtown!

Dont give your govenment power you dont really want them to have...

(not that the article is real... so its all moot)

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 27 March 2012 - 12:58 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#50 xWCMx

xWCMx

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

No wonder the western world is so screwed. People will believe ANYTHING they hear or see from an 'official' source. That's what Fox News and other sources bank on: spread rumors and false claims, and people will accept them without question. This article is clearly a satire, and should never once have been taken seriously. Those who believed it and let it influence their judgement... Shame on you. Don't believe everything you're told. Even when it's so clearly layed out to be intentionally false

Edited by xWCMx, 27 March 2012 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image

Sig removed - inappropriate ^ how was this inappropriate?

#51 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

If all you people read this and you think it's real.... May god have pity on your soul cause your dumb as hell.

Next time you call people dumb, try to do it without making grammatical errors.

Edited by dorrcoq, 27 March 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#52 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

yo..i live on fraser and 5th..in downtown vancouver...

When did Fraser & 5th become "downtown"?

#53 canIcrytoo

canIcrytoo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

does this mean that there wont be any " Presentations by some of the city’s most accomplished arena refrigeration technicians"
and we can watch the game on a TV larger then 42 inchs?? "Games may only be screened on televisions of 42 inches or less (measured diagonally.)"
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you

Posted Image

#54 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

I dont blame you for beaing freaked out... i blame you for thinking your *Possible* inconvienience is more important than peoples right to go where they want in their city.

The bottom line is: if you restrict peoples rights to go wherever and do whatever, it could lead to you losing your right to leave downtown for whatever reason anyone sees fit...

Perhaps its statistical that more people who live downtown grafitti peoples property in the burbs... no one should be alowed in or out of downtown!

Dont give your govenment power you dont really want them to have...

(not that the article is real... so its all moot)

I would say not letting people downtown for a couple nights, is far less an "inconvenience" to them, than my inconvenience during a riot. Which could actually be life threatening. People don't just have the right to "go wherever and do whatever" when it could and has been proven, to put peoples lives at risk. Not to mention waste thousands of dollars of your "hard earned money"(taxes) as someone else in this thread already stated.

#55 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

re: the article

Posted Image

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#56 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

When did Fraser & 5th become "downtown"?

i can walk to rogers arena in 10 minutes ya know what i mean...and i guess i'm in between 2 and 5th i just used 5th so ya could get a general idea of where im at
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#57 Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

I only have a problem with game crowds when there's two riots because of them.

The people downtown have the sole right to be protected if large crowds endanger them.

But no it's more important for you to come down and get drunk right?

Your posts inferred that you have a problem with large crowds in general, and that you believe people that live downtown have special rights over others. Typical downtown Vancouver snobbery. Everyone that lives in the Lower Mainland has the right to go where they choose, be it downtown Vancouver, Surrey, Delta, Ladner, etc. If I choose to take the Skytrain downtown to have a few beers during the SCF or Grey Cup, I have every right in the world to do so. And if I do happen to get a little drunk, I have the ability to keep it under control, just like most other people do. You live in an area where major events happen, so I think you need to accept that there is a potential for some of them to turn violent. Nonetheless, the people that live downtown do have a right to be protected, as you say, but so do any visitors that happen to be downtown having a drink, contributing to the local economy, and enjoying the game. It is the VPD's job to ensure that things don't get out of hand, and I think everyone can agree that they failed to do so. They were horribly unprepared for the SCF riots.If the riots disturb you this much, perhaps you should move into an area where there is little to no risk of this happening again.

I am an exit.

#58 Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I would say not letting people downtown for a couple nights, is far less an "inconvenience" to them, than my inconvenience during a riot. Which could actually be life threatening. People don't just have the right to "go wherever and do whatever" when it could and has been proven, to put peoples lives at risk. Not to mention waste thousands of dollars of your "hard earned money"(taxes) as someone else in this thread already stated.

I'm sure you were very inconvenienced during the riot. Must have been rough sitting in your condo watching it on TV? Was your life threatened?Why not close downtown to everyone, every weekend? Then we would avoid all the drinking and driving that must take place from allowing people to hang out at Granville street night clubs. It would also cut down on the risks of assault and property crime for people that live in the area. We must be wasting thousands of dollars cleaning up all of their mess. Hell, let's turn Downtown Vancouver into a separate state like the Vatican and place all kinds of border restrictions on the perimeter. Then people like you could enjoy your downtown life style without having to put up with us rubes from the Suburbs.

I am an exit.

#59 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

It's very simple. I live downtown. By coming down there during the playoffs( that has seen two riots now) you're indirectly responsible for creating a crowd. That has led to enough confusion which allows so called "anarchists" to take advantage and destroy the city. Why would you want to put my security at risk so you can have a "couple of drinks" downtown. Go drink somewhere else. Nobody that lives there wants to take any chances and doesn't want you there.

Stop making excuses you just want "food and drinks" you can get there in 50 other places. You want to get involved with "the crowd" and that's part of the problem. If this was a "police state" there would have been dead rioters last year. Stop overblowing things and use some common sense. Coming downtown to drink with the crown next time is disrespectful, ignorant and selfish.

Oh seriously shutup. We can't come to downtown because its selfish and ignorant to you because you live there? Clearly you are being selfish, ignorant and disrespectful to everyone who doesn't live in downtown. I guess you are part of the crowd too then because you live there?

I came with my cousins and aunts and uncles after Canucks beat the Sharks just to be part of the atmosphere in downtown, and you trying to tell me not too do that because we are part of the crowd and part of the problem with my 10 year old cousin and my aunt and uncle? Get freakin real.

I'm comming downtown to be part of the atmosphere just like every other fan wheather you like or not.

Edited by cmpunk, 27 March 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#60 Starting Schneids

Starting Schneids

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Just as serious as if I was to come to your front yard and piss on it all night. Throw garbage on it. Smash your local shops and set fires around your home.

How do you like that for serious?

This issue really pisses me off. Twice I had to deal with this in my backyard.

The people that live downtown, don't want crowds at that time anymore. Get it?

Hey. You live in downtown, lifes rough.
I hope the parties continue outside your house. :)

Posted Image

The Ratio of Flame Fans compared to Canuck Fans...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.