Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

"buzzkill For The Canucks' Next Shot At The Cup" - Globe And Mail

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#121 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

im gonna come down town and piss on your door step before the playoffs start dumb ass

You're all Internet talk tough guy. This is the attitude of a rioter. Wouldnt be surprised if you were one of the people causing problems last year. You want to get drunk, piss everywhere, throw garbage, smash windows and burn stuff. Good job idiot.

Edited by Special Ed, 27 March 2012 - 06:42 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#122 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

whats the Globe and Mail?

#123 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

whats the Globe and Mail?

Its a band that opened up for the Beatles

#124 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

I think the realization of the internet during last years riot will be a deterrent for many of the small timers pulled into a bad crowd. 94 didn't have to worry about facebook and everyone having camera phones. I like the outside screens, i was downtown for game 5, good times.

#125 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Not that simple. If I want to go spend my hard earned money downtown for some food, drinks and atmosphere that I don't get at home during a Canucks game, I damn well have the right to. This isn't a police state.

It wasn't. You now have 'progressives in charge locally'. Soon you will have them provincially, and not long after that, if George Soros and his Tides Foundation gets his way in overturning the last federal election, we'll have them federally. It will be the last free breath you breathe. Get used to it.

#126 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

That's a joke right?
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#127 No.16

No.16

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

in all seriousness though, they should have a wall of shame of all the rioters from last year...one to show the shame of these people. and two to show that you are not wanted downtown!

#128 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Proper police presence, proper preparation from the city...would there have been a riot?

Yes there would have, there was way more people than Law Enforcement.

It wouldn't have been as bad, but it still would have happened.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 27 March 2012 - 08:23 PM.

zackass.png

#129 fataLvj

fataLvj

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

that was funnny lol, im glad i read the official one first :P

#130 wastamaga33

wastamaga33

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

I could care less to try and stop you. I hope the police block it off is all I'm saying.

how many different ways can you tell people to stay away from downtown? so what should those people do that are there for business or on vacation should they stay out in surrey or richmond? give your head a shake because there is no way your wishes are going to come true

#131 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

how many different ways can you tell people to stay away from downtown? so what should those people do that are there for business or on vacation should they stay out in surrey or richmond? give your head a shake because there is no way your wishes are going to come true

If there is a riot again this year, come playoff time next season downtown will be off limets only to people who live/work downtown or for those people who are going to the game. Frankly I'd rather not see another riot and I am some what saddend by the fact that there will be no outside TVs showing the game but I am fully understanding of it.
It was rather imbarssing watching the hours of coverage of the riot last year and peopl such as the Special Ed user don't want to see it happen again. So I don't blame this person for not wanting drunk fool wandering around downtown post games. I think I would be the same way if I lived downtown.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#132 Starting Schneids

Starting Schneids

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yeah the party was outside my house last year.

People throwing garbage, pissing on the street, burning everything, busting windows.

You like that party don't you? Where do you live I can party too.

Yeah. Tough price for living in an expensive neighborhood- you know, the core of Vancouver and all that jazz where you downtowners generally love the attention of being affluently situated in the nightlife hub.

I live in Kits, around the beach. If you're ever in the area, give me a shout and I'll show you how non-whiners party.

Posted Image

The Ratio of Flame Fans compared to Canuck Fans...

#133 #1TrollSlayer

#1TrollSlayer

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I could care less to try and stop you. I hope the police block it off is all I'm saying.

Wouldn't that be taking away peoples basic freedoms? We might as well live in a police state.
Also, are you saying that everyone who was in the playoff crowds were from outside of Downtown?
If the police block off downtown, they should also lock you in your homes and give you a curfew.

#134 awalk

awalk

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,169 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Yes there would have, there was way more people than Law Enforcement. It wouldn't have been as bad, but it still would have happened.

Exactly, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. It would have amounted to some idiots pulling off minor destruction of property, and while that would have been awful, it would have been nowhere near as bad.

What I don't like is being lumped into a category with those people because I like to be surrounded by large groups of hockey fans to fully enjoy the experience. The gold medal victoria for Canada was INSANE. INSANE. And I wasn't some drunk idiot walking around pissing on everything (although I was buzzed, to be sure). So I get a bit annoyed when people say "don't come downtown, simple as that" because the downtown is the area that fuels the city that I work to live in, and the area of the city where I want to enjoy my hard earned money. How about instead of saying anyone who wants to go downtown to drink a few and watch the game is a rioter, be more prepared in the future for the morons who wait for opportunities to act like animals. Crack down on the criminals, don't blanket the situation.

And for those that live downtown, I'm sorry, I have zero sympathy. You live downtown for the access to nightlife and action, when that goes bad, and it will go bad, it's what you take with the good. Simple as that ;)

#135 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

You're all Internet talk tough guy. This is the attitude of a rioter. Wouldnt be surprised if you were one of the people causing problems last year. You want to get drunk, piss everywhere, throw garbage, smash windows and burn stuff. Good job idiot.

Comes into thread, makes things personal, encourages people to destroy his personal property, calls other people idiots ...

#136 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Special Ed, your name says it all...
Posted Image

#137 wrath_jason

wrath_jason

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Never happen.

#138 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

In other news, Vancouver, British Columbia unveiled it's new city flag prior to the NHL playoffs:

Posted Image

#139 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

I realize the article is total bs, but this thread has now become "downtown vancouver" vs the rest of lower mainland (inluding rest of vancouver) seriously all i gotta say is

He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security

if vancouver city wanted to have olympic size outdoor viewings, they should have manned the F*(&( up and spent money on olympic size security as well. But no city hall was unable/unwilling to do this. Also you guys should just admit it, lower mainland has a high number of clowns residing in it. I am a surrey resident, and no matter what VPD decides to do, I will be downtown having fun watching my boys play with other canucks fans.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#140 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

i also wanna add, hands down it was the Citys and Police's fault for the riot. They could have prevented it by having larger visible force on the streets, and right after the riot no one, not the mayor or the police chief wanted to take the BLAME, why because it would cost mayor's party votes. thats all its politics, that is why the stupid politicians go ahead and blame everybody else, even the Canucks organization, but themselves. This in itself i found insulting, like blame everybody else never accept blame. well thats the end of my rant.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#141 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

sorry for posting so much, but the riot issue just gets me incensed. One other huge deterrent would be, if the police could prosecute the rioters faster than it happened, our justice system is ridiculous. The london riots those people were prosecuted swiftly and justly. One major deterrent that will work is that dumb rioter who will serve 2 years behind bars. also another rag on our justice system that rioter gets 2 years, but sexually assaulting kids thats 2 years too, cmon canada you need to get your sh*& together
Posted ImagePosted Image

#142 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

does this mean that there wont be any " Presentations by some of the city’s most accomplished arena refrigeration technicians"
and we can watch the game on a TV larger then 42 inchs?? "Games may only be screened on televisions of 42 inches or less (measured diagonally.)"

This one really should have made it obvious that the article was satirical...

re: the article

Posted Image

regards,
G.

Leave it to you, G, to post a picture of an awshole... B)
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#143 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

People freaking out about others being too gullible need to relax. Considering the type of writing that is published these days, plus the BS that went down in June 2011 - this isn't as 'unbelievable'. I'm in class and couldn't help skimming through the 'article', should probably pay more attention to what I read on CDC or otherwise face the wrath of CDC's brilliant-minded.

People freaking out about others being too gullible need to relax. Considering the type of writing that is published these days, plus the BS that went down in June 2011 - this isn't as 'unbelievable'. I'm in class and couldn't help skimming through the 'article', should probably pay more attention to what I read on CDC or otherwise face the wrath of CDC's brilliant-minded.

Absolutely this. Calm down some of you, calling others "dumb" or "gullible as hell". What is it with some of you that you need to go out of your way to blast others? Take a pill and relax.

#144 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Absolutely this. Calm down some of you, calling others "dumb" or "gullible as hell". What is it with some of you that you need to go out of your way to blast others? Take a pill and relax.

:lol: Let me guess, you were one of the ones who..........

Calm down? As I posted earlier, up there ^^ somewhere, we're just laughing uproariously and shaking our heads at the gullibility of some folks...... anyone with 1/2 a brain on reading the OP couldn't honestly believe it was real.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 28 March 2012 - 10:55 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#145 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

:lol: Let me guess, you were one of the ones who..........

Calm down? As I posted earlier, up there ^^ somewhere, we're just laughing uproariously and shaking our heads at the gullibility of some folks...... anyone with 1/2 a brain on reading the OP couldn't honestly believe it was real.

Then you probably shouldn't 'laugh uproariously' at those who haven't been blessed with a capable enough brain, for the love of God ..

#146 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Then you probably shouldn't 'laugh uproariously' at those who haven't been blessed with a capable enough brain, for the love of God ..

And there it is, thanks.

:P

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 28 March 2012 - 11:08 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#147 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

And there it is, and I didn't even have to say it! :lol:

:P

I thought my sarcasm was obvious.

#148 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

which was in no way our fault.

lol

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#149 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Exactly, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. It would have amounted to some idiots pulling off minor destruction of property, and while that would have been awful, it would have been nowhere near as bad.

What I don't like is being lumped into a category with those people because I like to be surrounded by large groups of hockey fans to fully enjoy the experience. The gold medal victoria for Canada was INSANE. INSANE. And I wasn't some drunk idiot walking around pissing on everything (although I was buzzed, to be sure). So I get a bit annoyed when people say "don't come downtown, simple as that" because the downtown is the area that fuels the city that I work to live in, and the area of the city where I want to enjoy my hard earned money. How about instead of saying anyone who wants to go downtown to drink a few and watch the game is a rioter, be more prepared in the future for the morons who wait for opportunities to act like animals. Crack down on the criminals, don't blanket the situation.

And for those that live downtown, I'm sorry, I have zero sympathy. You live downtown for the access to nightlife and action, when that goes bad, and it will go bad, it's what you take with the good. Simple as that ;)

Even when the Cops were in full effect last year not much could been done for awhile, that's the Same way it would be if they were prepared, it would still be pretty bad.

But about the People who live downtown, heres my opinion.

I Agree that they should be able to be safe there and when things like the Riot happens it threatens them and there Families, and they should be safe.

But People Should be able to go down and Enjoy the Games, everybody pays the Same amount of Taxes, everyone lives here, everyone in the Lower mainland should have Access to Enjoy the Festivities.

zackass.png

#150 nuxforever

nuxforever

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I had a good laugh after reading the article but i was LMAO at the next few posts who really thought that this was serious and going to be implemented.

Ah CDC.....nevers ceases to amuse...
Posted Image

waiting for the day to hear the announcer say........"As the clock winds down. They have done it! Ladies and Gentleman, Your Vancouver Canucks are STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.