The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Trouble Will We Be In The Playoffs Without Daniel Sedin?

JasetheCanuck

Yuup

If the every player puts in 100 percent effort, we can go as far as we want.

Last game was a good example, we got the goal and then defended the lead, I didnt notice anyone slack or making a lot of mistakes. And if Luo can handle the pressure, which I think the SCF final experience last year will help, we will go far

And you feel that way because? You just love the team so can't say anything but yes? or you think the team has greater depth waiting to step up and fill in?

People also need to consider that with our deadline deal and the injury to Sedin, our moves to prepare for the playoffs amount to;

- gaining a checking centre that doesn't score, gaining a big prospect, and an offensive D that may not be ready for full time

- losing 2 of our top 4 goal scorers

The loss of Hodgson's scoring may not have seemed as important, until Daniel went down. Had Hodgson still been here we'd have had options like moving Kesler to play 1st line wing, with Hodgson filling in at 2nd line center...

I just really really hope Daniel's concussion is minor and he's back soon...

I think we'll be okay. We are still an offensive juggernaut, even if the goals aren't coming right now. We just need some bounces to go our way, they haven't been in our favor for a lot of the season.

I'm still way more worried about stopping pucks from going into our net than making sure they go into the other team's. We don't often get shut out, so if we can keep them from scoring on us, we'll be fine.

yes, we will survive...IMO. we will see a different type of game style by our canucks...get the first goal and protect the lead with the trap (kinda like what we are seeing right now). And, since we have depth and can create goal scoring from any of our lines, getting the first goal hasnt been a problem for us. Also, with schneider backing up luongo, we have a solid chance of making this strategy work...we just need our defence to be good.

it might not be fun hockey to watch...but it still creates wins...and all we need is 16.

Last year, 23% of our goals were scored by Daniel or Henrik.

This year, only 19% of our goals are scored by a Sedin.

So even though Kesler's stats have taken a hit, we're still less dependent on the twins than last year. Guys like Booth, Higgins, and Kesler are built for the playoff game. I don't see a problem in taking out one of the bubble teams without Daniel.

But to get through Detroit or Nashville, I hope we have all the help we can get!

I think we'll be okay. We are still an offensive juggernaut, even if the goals aren't coming right now. We just need some bounces to go our way, they haven't been in our favor for a lot of the season.

I'm still way more worried about stopping pucks from going into our net than making sure they go into the other team's. We don't often get shut out, so if we can keep them from scoring on us, we'll be fine.

I think with our incredible depth we'll be fine for a round at least. It's not like our opposition will be overly fantastic and if anyone remembers last year's playoffs the Sedins weren't exactly playing hero for us. Losing Daniel sucks BUT it gives a spot to another big body like Bitz to come in and play some hockey that many would argue suits his game a lot better. Who knows, maybe we'll see our own version of last season's Joel Ward raise his game and do more than any of us expected. Here's hoping anyway....

Archived