The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Trouble Will We Be In The Playoffs Without Daniel Sedin?

JasetheCanuck

Yuup

If the every player puts in 100 percent effort, we can go as far as we want.

Last game was a good example, we got the goal and then defended the lead, I didnt notice anyone slack or making a lot of mistakes. And if Luo can handle the pressure, which I think the SCF final experience last year will help, we will go far

http://www.theprovince.com/business/fp/Canucks+Trick+Daniel+Sedin+following+concussion+protocols/6367115/story.html

"So far, the news is encouraging surrounding Daniel Sedin.In discussions with teammates, including brother Henrik, everything is as positive as it could be for a player who suffered a concussion. It’s not an injury that right now is expected to keep Daniel out of the playoffs. Certainly, that could change."

Guest Dasein

We can get past the 1st round with no problem - especially with Luongo playing the way he is right now.

If Luongo stays hot, I think we can get past the 2nd round without Danny too with some heroics from the grinders.

Western Conference Final will be hard to get out of without our best scorer - and Stanley Cup seems a very distant possibility if Daniel is out for the entire season.

Let's just hope that he can come back in time when we need him.

we need that energetic cycle game that he brings, not to mention clutch goals from nowere

most important peices he brings to the playoffs is puck control in thew offensive zone, no look passes, the cycle game, and scoring ability

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Mason Raymond ($2.600m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Samuel Pahlsson ($2.650m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.666m)

Byron Bitz ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Sami Salo ($2.000m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Marc-Andre Gragnani ($0.605m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($0.945m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,143,833; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $5,156,167

the highlighted players are the five guys who are gonna haft to step up in the playoffs, if we want to stay above waters. especially ballard, with salo playing like hes 77 years old, ballard is gonna haft to come in and play simple/steady hockey...or are defense will be the end of us

All I know is that our "First Line" is producing at a fourth line rate. That cant be good for a team heading in to the playoffs. Ever heard the statement "Your best players have to be your best players "? I'm thinking its time to get Hank with someone other than Raymond. Get someone from the minors if we have to.

Let's be realistic, we've had very little scoring lately. Without Dan and Hodgy it is even worse. We only had 1 goal last night and it was from our 4th line Manny who rarely scores. Keep this up and the team will be in big trouble.

i think we'll be able to cope tbh. I mean the Penguins have coped without Crosby pretty much all season. I think we will be able to get far if the entire team plays well and up their game in the playoffs.

I do hope he comes back for the playoffs but i really hope no one (including himself) rushes Daniel.

i think we'll be able to cope tbh. I mean the Penguins have coped without Crosby pretty much all season. I think we will be able to get far if the entire team plays well and up their game in the playoffs.

I do hope he comes back for the playoffs but i really hope no one (including himself) rushes Daniel.

Archived