Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

How Much Trouble Will We Be In The Playoffs Without Daniel Sedin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#61 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

we have so much scoring depth, we will be fine. hope to get him back for the third round

#62 Philipp0130

Philipp0130

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

well we have lost daniel before and we did fine but this season teams upgraded in size and skill this is where we'll regret trading hodgson because now we getting close to the playoffs we could get out of the first round but the 2nd round will be harder if we face chicago or detroit both teams just as good as us and detroit with skill through all the line combos
Posted Image

#63 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Thanks to Kesler, we managed to beat Nashville last year without either Sedin.

Wait...what's that? They were playing???

If the Sedin's weren't playing, then Weber and Suter can just focus on kesler....
I doubt he would have the same production

#64 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

I do think we need him. But we can make a good run.
Posted Image

#65 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

*touch wood* If Daniel doesn't return in time for the first round or perhaps even the second round, will the team survive that far?

The team seems to be surviving quite well without him so far. He is a softie in the playoffs anyway. No loss.

#66 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

If Kesler ever returns to last year's form, then yes, arguably! :lol:

.....He won't in my opinion you'll never see that from him again.And I don't mean a slightly elevated 2 game stretch.

Edited by fagin, 27 March 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#67 EternalCanuckFan

EternalCanuckFan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I don't think the Canucks should be written off without Daniel in the line-up. He is obviously a big loss (a former Art Ross/Ted Lindsay Trophy winner? How could that not be a loss?) but Henrik has played well without him before. I would be more concerned if it was Henrik since we need as much strength as possible down the center of the ice right now. It's "easier" to lose a winger, especially with the depth we have at wing.

#68 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

.....Pretty sad but i guess that's all you guys can hang onto.He sure as hell ain't done jack crap this season yet and unlike some stargazers i ain't holding my breath for him to change.

#69 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

........Unfortunately that's all a lot of cdc users have to hang onto.This season he's done jack crap so instead of being infactuated with what he did last season hope he shows up soon.Myself i wouldn't hold your breath waiting.......................Sorry double post sort of this site is really screwed tonight.When i posted this my first post showed up.Hey what did you do there maybe you could do the same for Kesler.Sorry! I should have realized that was too much to ask.

Edited by fagin, 27 March 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#70 CoHo Nation

CoHo Nation

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Why couldnt Mr and Mrs Sedin have had triplets?
Canucks Montages Here ----> www.Youtube.com/theteabiskit

Posted Image

#71 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

.....He won't in my opinion you'll never see that from him again.

You never know. Season returning from injury/surgery, and he's still only 27. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

I'm sure we can see beast mode from him in the playoffs though, so at least he can contribute when it counts.

Edited by superdomo, 27 March 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#72 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

You never know. Season returning from injury/surgery, and he's still only 27. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

I'm sure we can see beast mode from him in the playoffs though, so at least he can contribute when it counts.

...........Maybe go over to your window and look eastward I think the sky is falling.................I still think we will do well in the SC I just don't think he'll play the big role he should or what everyone is waiting to see.

Edited by fagin, 27 March 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#73 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

...........Maybe go over to your window and look eastward I think the sky is falling.Next season could be something to look forward to when he's been traded for a Getzlaf.Yes I know another player would have to be added to get him.

Edited by fagin, 27 March 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#74 Edler

Edler

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

If the Sedin's weren't playing, then Weber and Suter can just focus on kesler....
I doubt he would have the same production

I don't know.. lately Raymond, Sedin and Kassian/Lap have looked good as a line. I think if they check the kesler line the new Sedin line can still do some damage.

The only way we will get far in the playoffs this year is if our NEW checking line scores.

it reminds me of the ducks cup run. It was that checking line that did most of the work and got the team far.

Same with the Hawks on their run.

So Higgins, Paulson and Hansen better push it to the limit. Although I prefer Burrows on that line and move Higgins up to Keslers.

Burrows played a much better defensive shutdown game for sure.
No advertising.

#75 brappa12

brappa12

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Personally, I believe this Canuck team does have enough depth. There is no "I" in team and if they cannot perform because one of their player's has been injured then we probably shouldn't be there.

Line 1
Booth, Kesler, Higgy

Line 2
Raymond, Sedin, Burrows

Line 3
Hansen, Sammi, Duco

Line 4
Malholtra, Lapi, Wiese

#76 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Im hopeful we make it past the 1st round and Daniel is ready to go at that time. No excuse not to go at least that far... i have a hard time believing we'd beat a Detroit, Nashville or St.Louis without Daniel tho.

#77 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

No. you are all being very overly optimistic. In reality, it will be very hard to win consistantly against the very best teams in the league without our number one goal scorer.

round 1 - Probobly
round 2 - Maybe
round 3 - probobly not
round 4 - no

Edited by MLT, 27 March 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image

#78 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

...........Maybe go over to your window and look eastward I think the sky is falling.................I still think we will do well in the SCF I just don't think he'll play the big role he should or what everyone is waiting to see.

Why is it necessary to use so many dots, and to use such a childish and completely irrelevant remark just because I disagree with your opinion? I'm sorry, apparently you can look into the future, my apologies for ever doubting you. Seriously, how do you know that Kesler won't ever produce numbers like that again in his career? He's 27, in his prime, and now has better linemates than he did last year. At least provide a logical reply.
And SCF? Oh right, I forgot you can see into the future. We're guaranteed a spot in the Finals, right? Good lord. :picard:
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#79 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Why is it necessary to use so many dots, and to use such a childish and completely irrelevant remark just because I disagree with your opinion? I'm sorry, apparently you can look into the future, my apologies for ever doubting you. Seriously, how do you know that Kesler won't ever produce numbers like that again in his career? He's 27, in his prime, and now has better linemates than he did last year. At least provide a logical reply.
And SCF? Oh right, I forgot you can see into the future. We're guaranteed a spot in the Finals, right? Good lord. :picard:

Actually I didn't mean in his career I mean't as a Canuck because I believe his days as a Van Canuck are coming to an end.I wanted him traded at the deadline but I doubt he would have fetched anyone of note with the way his game is at present.Also it was an obvious mistake while typing putting SCF instead of SC.

Edited by fagin, 27 March 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#80 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

for the first round sure, but you guys are kidding yours selves if you think we dont need him for the later rounds
Posted Image

#81 Schneids31

Schneids31

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

If the pens can be challenging for first overall without sid for the whole season we can get there without Daniel. Just means other guys have to play a bigger role.

Second line will need to step up and score some big goals. Henrik will need to find a way to start getting Kassian and Raymond some good chances (or more they need to find a way to take adv of his talent). And some fortunate timing from our grinders, we'll be ok...

Last night's game was very promising...they played an excellent, simple, team game. Not exciting but efficient and effective...They have played awful all of march and they still have a chance at the presidents, this team can get there...they just have to want it..

#82 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Actually I didn't mean in his career I mean't as a Canuck because I believe his days as a Van Canuck are coming to an end.I wanted him traded at the deadline but I doubt he would have fetched anyone of note with the way his game is at present.

I hope you're trolling. Doubt he would have fetched much? The way his game is at present?

..lol
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#83 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,383 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

The Canucks can win without Daniel Sedin. He will be missed, but he is one amongst 20 players - the best teams can win with a key player out. What the Canucks can't afford is to lose a couple defensemen - but no team can. The Canucks are capable of shutting teams down - the most important aspect of playoff hockey - and now more than ever their lineup, from top to bottom, can be very difficult to score against.
People have used this injury as an opportunity to argue that the Hodgson trade will hurt more with Daniel's loss - I disagree - when it comes to the 20 players the Canucks dress, Hodgson was not as important as the goaltenders, not as important as any of the top 6 defensemen, not as important as the players on the top two lines, not as valuable a two-way player as his linemates Higgins and Hansen, and it is debatable whether he was more vital than the shutdown centers on the fourth line... In other words, he was a role player. Without him, Pahlsson has more than filled the gap he left, and Kassian can used on any line and in as many situations, albeit different than Hodgson was - if anything, the two forwards the Canucks acquired added depth and will help make up for Daniel's injury moreso than if those deadline deals were not made.

#84 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

At least if we get taken out early we have the excuse of losing last years league scoring leader to a cheapshot

#85 michsyw

michsyw

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

Danny's status isn't updated cuz they want to give him extended time to rest up. Or to avoid another key player getting injured before playoffs. We are quited secured in 2nd place already, so no point taking unnecessary risk...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.