The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bedrock Of Vaccination Theory Crumbles As Science Reveals Antibodies Not Necessary To Fight Viruses

DarthNinja

It is true that an epidemic swept through europe in in the 1870's, due to people not realizing that people have to be revaccinated for it to be effective, but if you actually do a bit of proper data analysis (Original Source) the claim that vaccines don't work is extremely weak):

Here are the deaths rates per million (averages from 1870-1876) (Death during the highest year in brackets)

Countries which have compulsory vaccination

England: 361 (1012)

Scotland: 314 (718)

Bavaria: 346 (1045)

Sweden: 333 (936)

Average for countries with compulsory vaccination: 339

Let's see how countries without compulsory vaccination fare:

Prussia:953 (2624)

Austria: 1360 (3147)

Belgium: 1293 (4168)

Netherlands: 958 (4355)

Average for countries without compulsory vaccination: 1141

Note that the Netherlands would've been higher as in 1872 they required proof of vaccination for admission to schools)

Influenza is not going to be an issue with a healthy person who has a normal immune system, as in, most of us. Worst case.. miss a couple days work or school. Influenza is pretty typical and a healthy adult's immune system is used to fighting it already. It's not needed at all for a healthy person.

However, for those like my youngest sister who has a terrible immune system due to so much chemotherapy and radiation from defeating leukemia, or my 91 year old great grandma who's health has debilitated over the years, they need the help those vaccinations provide. It's easy to stand up on your pedestal and criticize something until you need it, my wife, a nurse, helps these people ever day. Too bad you're so buried in your own intense paranoia you adamantly ignore overwhelming evidence that doesn't support your pre-conceived stance.

http://www.cdc.gov/f...ct/keyfacts.htm

BTW, my mother's immune system is very weak due to numerous health problems amounting over the years. She never gets a flu shot and I can't even tell you the last time she got the flu. Her health began to improve once she started looking at natural ways of healing and treating health issues.

My father is also a cancer survivor who has never had a flu shot and I remember him having the flu once many years ago.

My first cousin would be difficult to use as an example because she died of leukemia at five years of age but my grandmother died at a very old age of natural causes and never took a flu shot and never got the flu that I could remember.

on a side note I'm still waiting for unbridled_id to let me know of what amount of fluoride you have to ingest before it becomes a problem. I'd really like to know as it is important to clarify these things. You shouldn't make statements about something that has potential to impact some one's health if you're going to be extremely vague. You say trace amounts is okay and benefitial...well, how many mg's to become negative? Are you talking about calcium fluoride or sodium fluoride?

If you're talking mortality rates, the mortality rate for smallpox was sharply declining prior to the introduction of vaccinations. It was not until vaccinations were introduced that the mortality rates once again spiked and increased tremendously. You can't blame this on the need for re-vaccination when the event itself by all accounts occurred as a result of the vaccinations.

Thanks NB and all the best to you as well. I know you're a pretty level headed individual and I do agree with what you say on this issue for the most part. I'll even agree with your notion of the title.

Except that I'm not really pushing anything. I'm simply putting information out and letting people look and think for themselves. No different than what some others are doing.

I'm not sure about what 'safe' levels of fluoride means anymore to be honest. There is enough research to suggest that the body retains it in the bones and the brain.

Here is an excerpt from a program that appeared on Australian news's 'today tonight', which features Dr. AK Shusheela who has done over 20 years of research on fluoride toxicity.

Archived