The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bedrock Of Vaccination Theory Crumbles As Science Reveals Antibodies Not Necessary To Fight Viruses

DarthNinja

I don't think it is about the efficiency of vaccinations and the article also does not make a blanket statement (in fact the article suggests that further research is needed for other diseases, in particular those that effect the central nervous system).

I think the bottom line is that doctors aren't infallible, and seem to be more governed by what will pad their wallets than what is good for their patients. Call me a murderer, but I didn't vaccinate my children until they were ready to go to school. I will not give them the varicella vaccine or the vaccine for HPV.

I think vaccines have helped eradicate some diseases, but I also think people blindly trust money-driven doctors and pharmacists who churn out snake oil for the masses. There are many doctor/pharmacist -created health issues in our society, and while I don't believe in all vaccinations I am quite happy to have escaped the age of polio and smallpox.

Who knows how our bodies would react to these diseases now? We have so much more medical knowledge than we did even in the 1950's. We know more about nutrition and what the body needs to maintain balance. I don't see eradicating vaccines as the answer, but perhaps more people need to question exactly why their doctors are recommending certain courses of action.

Thanks for the thought-provoking read, DarthNinja.

But to to argument that vaccination is a money-grab is logically wrong, simply because vaccination in almost all cases is the most cost effective way to prevent a disease: the health industry (doctors, pharma companies) will earn a lot more by letting people get sick and treat them.

Says who? The same health industry pushing it?

if vaccinations are ineffective, it's certainly not the most cost effective way to prevent disease. Maybe living a healthy lifestyle is. But why would Big Pharma ever say that?

So if vaccinations are ineffective and just a money grab, you could say they are letting people get sick to treat them.

You COULD, but that would bring up tough questions like why don't they still let polio, smallpox et al run rampant. You'd think that if the gameplan was to spread disease that they could 'control' for profit, then they wouldn't let proven scary killers like polio and smallpox die out. Instead those disease have been eradicated.

Ya quite interesting as its a disease that was thriving in north america until a vaccine was made that wiped it out. And it wasn't on the decline when it was wiped out it was thriving. And putting sterilisation agents in it (should that have happened) is beside the point because it doesn't change the effectiveness of the vaccine in the first place, does it?

I will not disagree that some doctors are driven by money, won't argue that some of them may recommend certain course of action for their own interest (though a lot of the time they may do unnecessary procedures so they don't ended up getting sued!)

But to to argument that vaccination is a money-grab is logically wrong, simply because vaccination in almost all cases is the most cost effective way to prevent a disease: the health industry (doctors, pharma companies) will earn a lot more by letting people get sick and treat them.

No it doesn't specifically say anything about the efficacy of vaccine. What it does say is that even when vaccinated and full of anti-bodies, once infected, they serve zero purpose since our body naturally uses B cells to fight off the infection.

If our bodies use B cells naturally as our own personal "vaccine", what are they telling us when they say adaptive mechanisms (man made vaccines) are not required. Efficacy doesn't even enter the conversation.

I didn't say that all vaccines are a money grab. I just know that a lot of vaccines (flu, chicken pox) are potentially useless and just line wallets. How many times has it happened that thousands of people get vaccinated against Flu X but it's Flu 7X that comes through town, rendering those "necessary" vaccines useless?

And who the heck do you think started all the hype and fear?

Remember the meningitis scare about 9 years ago? Everyone ran in to get their kids vaccinated as though meningitis was just lurking, waiting to pounce. OMG MENINGITIS! DID YOU HEAR THAT STORY? ONE GIRL DIED!

Meanwhile, Merck execs are laughing all the way to the bank.

Archived