Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Bedrock Of Vaccination Theory Crumbles As Science Reveals Antibodies Not Necessary To Fight Viruses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
251 replies to this topic

#121 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

There is a tiny, tiny chance of a baby being born with defects if the mother isn't already immune to chicken pox. Also, I wouldn't call a less than 1% chance within a 7 week span "highly dangerous". It's no Rubella. Studies show that it is helpful for the elderly (if they have had chicken pox before in their lifetime) to be exposed to chicken pox, as it acts as a booster and prevents an outbreak of shingles.

I didn't say that meningitis isn't deadly. I said that it's not necessary to do a mass immunization as most people won't be exposed in their entire lifetime. I'm sorry that your sister's friend died. My point is that meningitis isn't exactly the common cold.

I have a friend who frequently suffers malarial outbreaks. It sucks, but she's alive despite going through this probably once per year. The wonders of modern medicine mean that yes, if I'm going to a place where I'd be likely to contract malaria I could be immunized beforehand, but if I ended up contracting said illness science could still help me. I won't get a malaria vaccine until it seems to be a very real and dangerous threat, though. I'm not sure why you brought up malaria.

Why is everyone so damned afraid of being sick? Society is so backwards - we don't take care of our bodies and expect that we can just take a shot to prevent what we may be able to fight on our own with a more balanced, healthier lifestyle.

I don't take medication unnecessarily. Nor do I believe mass vaccination for the flu are necessary.

There is no vaccine for malaria. Only prophylaxis and actions to break the cycle (covering the skin, bug spray, spraying the walls with pesticide, fogging pesticide, eliminating stagnat water etc)

I brought it up because it's currently the largest killer in the world. It absolutely devastates communities.

Malaria is an entirely preventable disease as it stands however the effort needed, for those who are not merely visitors, to prevent it is great. I know I've been to Chad where the most dangerous form is prevalent and at my companies worksite I did not see one mosquito in 2 weeks because of the effort and precautions taken.

Your friend is lucky as she has not contracted the deadliest form of malaria.

Add to that it's not as simple as getting a shot a week before you go to a danger zone.

As for meningitis I'm not looking for sympathy for my friends sister. Point is its not the common cold it's much more serious when you have inflammation of the brain and it spinal cord.

You seem to miss the point. Mass vaccinations prevent outbreak. Everyone benefits.

This is something that appears totally lost on developed country e-warriors who have never been to or lived in countries which have serious problems with disease.

I live in the middle east and very frequently travel to crap holes where diseases of all sorts are rampant and see the effects on a regular basis. Something that seems lost on people who for decades have not had to live with those effects.

Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#122 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

There is a tiny, tiny chance of a baby being born with defects if the mother isn't already immune to chicken pox. Also, I wouldn't call a less than 1% chance within a 7 week span "highly dangerous". It's no Rubella. Studies show that it is helpful for the elderly (if they have had chicken pox before in their lifetime) to be exposed to chicken pox, as it acts as a booster and prevents an outbreak of shingles.

I didn't say that meningitis isn't deadly. I said that it's not necessary to do a mass immunization as most people won't be exposed in their entire lifetime. I'm sorry that your sister's friend died. My point is that meningitis isn't exactly the common cold.

I have a friend who frequently suffers malarial outbreaks. It sucks, but she's alive despite going through this probably once per year. The wonders of modern medicine mean that yes, if I'm going to a place where I'd be likely to contract malaria I could be immunized beforehand, but if I ended up contracting said illness science could still help me. I won't get a malaria vaccine until it seems to be a very real and dangerous threat, though. I'm not sure why you brought up malaria.

Why is everyone so damned afraid of being sick? Society is so backwards - we don't take care of our bodies and expect that we can just take a shot to prevent what we may be able to fight on our own with a more balanced, healthier lifestyle.

I don't take medication unnecessarily. Nor do I believe mass vaccination for the flu are necessary.

There is no vaccine for malaria. Only prophylaxis and actions to break the cycle (covering the skin, bug spray, spraying the walls with pesticide, fogging pesticide, eliminating stagnat water etc)

I brought it up because it's currently the largest killer in the world. It absolutely devastates communities.

Malaria is an entirely preventable disease as it stands however the effort needed, for those who are not merely visitors, to prevent it is great. I know I've been to Chad where the most dangerous form is prevalent and at my companies worksite I did not see one mosquito in 2 weeks because of the effort and precautions taken.

Add to that it's not as simple as getting a shot a week before you go to a danger zone.

As for meningitis I'm not looking for sympathy for my friends sister. Point is its not the common cold it's much more serious when you have inflammation of the brain and it spinal cord.

You seem to miss the point. Mass vaccinations prevent outbreak. Everyone benefits.

This is something that appears totally lost on developed country e-warriors who have never been to or lived in countries which have serious problems with disease.

I live in the middle east and very frequently travel to crap holes where diseases of all sorts are rampant and see the effects on a regular basis. Something that seems lost on people who for decades have not had to live with those effects.

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#123 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Logic at its finest.

#124 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Logic at its finest.

#125 JamesTW

JamesTW

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Donald Rumsfeld et al 'aint complaining about it.

http://www.dailymail...ny-Tamiflu.html

You seriously just quoted the daily mail, why don't you go quote articles from the Sun and the Onion while you're at it.

#126 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

Logic at its finest.

#127 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

God dammit this forum sucks. Spent 10 posts trying to post and edit:

Logic at its finest.

#128 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

^dude, srsly

lol

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#129 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

Ah, the dreaded nonuple post.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#130 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

^I prefer "enneanuple"

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 29 March 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#131 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

No crap. I have no idea what's going on with this forum but half the time it give me the pink error screen and the other half posts don't show up.

But srsly...

Logic at its finest.

#132 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,154 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

You can say that again Lonny....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#133 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Ok so can some one here tell me if fluoride is good or bad for you? Is that movie a joke? I always thought it was good. It's in toothpaste right.
Posted Image

#134 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Ok so can some one here tell me if fluoride is good or bad for you? Is that movie a joke? I always thought it was good. It's in toothpaste right.

good for teeth but you aren't supposed to ingest it. apparently it's linked to alzheimer's and other mental disorders. Though I don't know how much scientific evidence there is of that

#135 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

In the 70s, the locals fought hard to keep fluoride out of the drinking supply in the lower mainland, therefore we don't have it. I don't think Montreal has it either.

Fluoride definitely isn't "good for you", it's toxic but it's dental benefits are debated worldwide.

Australia had the debate a few years ago, check out Youtube.

#136 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

In the 70s, the locals fought hard to keep fluoride out of the drinking supply in the lower mainland, therefore we don't have it. I don't think Montreal has it either.

Fluoride definitely isn't "good for you", it's toxic but it's dental benefits are debated worldwide.

Australia had the debate a few years ago, check out Youtube.

Flouride's dental benefits aren't debated, they are accepted. Too much of it's a bad thing, but you really have to go out of your way to screw that up.

#137 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Flouride's dental benefits aren't debated, they are accepted. Too much of it's a bad thing, but you really have to go out of your way to screw that up.

Dental benefits of putting fluoride in the drinking water are debated

#138 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Dental benefits of putting fluoride in the drinking water are debated

At the trace levels they add it, it really shouldn't be. As long as you aren't drinking a cup of mouthwash, or eating tube of toothpaste every day on the side, you'll be fine.

#139 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

You seriously just quoted the daily mail, why don't you go quote articles from the Sun and the Onion while you're at it.

http://money.cnn.com...rtune_rumsfeld/

http://www.independe...rug-469599.html

http://upswing.newsv...-investors-rich

http://articles.mark...gilead-sciences

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#140 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

so basically if it isn't in water, we don't ingest it.

Cool.

Thanks for keeping me informed guys. I love online communities for that.
Posted Image

#141 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

So...it is safe to put on your gums/teeth etc but not to drink?

Don't substances seep in through our mouths?

I take melatonin to sleep and the method of delivery is under the tongue...
Posted Image

#142 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#143 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzl9QQS4ZXU

Listen here 19, we're talking about Fluoride now.
Posted Image

#144 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

so basically if it isn't in water, we don't ingest it.

Cool.

Thanks for keeping me informed guys. I love online communities for that.

You do still ingest it, but everything is in trace levels. Fluoridated water levels are just there as a back up to people who don't already brush their teeth at least twice a day. It's all just prophylactic precautions to protect you from dental carries.

#145 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

You do still ingest it, but everything is in trace levels. Fluoridated water levels are just there as a back up to people who don't already brush their teeth at least twice a day. It's all just prophylactic precautions to protect you from dental carries.

What is considered safe levels and what is dangerous

how many mg?

Edited by Navyblue, 29 March 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image

#146 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

At the trace levels they add it, it really shouldn't be. As long as you aren't drinking a cup of mouthwash, or eating tube of toothpaste every day on the side, you'll be fine.

But are those trace levels enough to have an effect on tooth decay ?

that's the debate

Posted Image

#147 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

So...it is safe to put on your gums/teeth etc but not to drink?

Don't substances seep in through our mouths?

I take melatonin to sleep and the method of delivery is under the tongue...

I believe even the EPA has deemed fluoride to be a chemical with significant developmental neurotoxicity.

There are doctors who say that you should avoid pretty much anything with fluoride in it.

The most well-known may be Dr. Russell Blaylock, who says that mercury (found in many vaccines through Thiomersal), aluminum and fluoride are all chemicals that "dumb people down" over the long term, among many other health risks.

What Products Should You Avoid? Simply put, stop using fluoride in its many forms.

This includes avoiding:
➔ Teas high in fluoride
➔ Fluoridated water
➔ Toothpaste with flouride
➔ Vaccinations, since they contain fluoride and
aluminum
➔ Pesticides or herbicides near or in your home
➔ Medications containing fluoride

http://australianflu...ELLENT-INFO.pdf

#148 MadMonk

MadMonk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

By Dr. James Howenstine, MD.
December 7, 2003
NewsWithViews.com

I though the statistics quoted here are probably dubious, but didn't realize how bad it is until I actually did some more reading.

Cowpox vaccine was believed able to immunize people against smallpox. At the time this vaccine was introduced, there was already a decline in the number of cases of smallpox. Japan introduced compulsory vaccination in 1872. In 1892 there were 165,774 cases of smallpox with 29,979 deaths despite the vaccination program. A stringent compulsory smallpox vaccine program, which prosecuted those refusing the vaccine, was instituted in England in 1867. Within 4 years 97.5 % of persons between 2 and 50 had been vaccinated. The following year England experienced the worst smallpox epidemic[1] in its history with 44,840 deaths. Between 1871 and 1880 the incidence of smallpox escalated from 28 to 46 per 100,000. The smallpox vaccine does not work.

Cowpox vaccine was discovered in 1796, so why are the statistics quoted here from 70 years after the introduction of vaccine? why is only a single year of data used? More importantly why isn't the number of small pox cases prior to vaccination reported?

I found a report by the World Health Organization, and the data is striking: from 1750 to 1800, small pox accounts for 10% of the death each year in London. There is a clear decrease from 1800 to 1850, and from 1850-1880 it makes up, on average, 1.5% of the annual death (except 10% for 1871. Back to this year in a bit). From 1880-1900 death due to smallpox averaged less than 1%.

I cannot find a source for "With in 4 years 97.5% of persons between 2 and 50 had been vaccinated" except from anti-vaccine sites. Now the vaccination is compulsory for infants since the 1853 vaccination act, and the 1867 act extend it up to 14 years (source). Curiously I did find a reference for the 97.5% figure:"the 1871 Select committee of the Privy Council convened to inquire into the Vaccination Act of 1867 (England), as 97.5% of the people who died from smallpox were vaccinated for it." in a non-vaccine site. I think the correct interpretation is that by 1871, 97.5% of the population has been vaccinated at some point in their lives, not all vaccinated within the 4 year window as stated.

This is actually significant: it is recognized that the effect of cow pox vaccine wanes after a period of time, and re-vaccination is necessary. This is not recognised in the UK (source) during that time, leading to a large number of older people who became susceptible to small pox again. This is likely the explanation for the epidemic.

Also the 1871 epidemic is not the worse if you account for population growth. Just in 1796 smallpox killed 35,000 people in UK (source), yet the population was 8million, vs 21 million by 1871.

Here's the data from sweden. If I cherry pick data as in the article, this is what I get:
Posted Image
Look! Smallpox got worse after compulsory vaccination!

Now if you look at the full set of data:

Posted Image
Efficacy of vaccination is clear. You can look at data from UK, from germany states, from sweden, you cannot argue with the fact that the number of small pox cases dropped dramatically very soon after the introduction of vaccine.

#149 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Listen here 19, we're talking about Fluoride now.

OK..OK. Why didn't you just say so? :emot-parrot:

#150 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

OK..OK. Why didn't you just say so? :emot-parrot:

:P

Now I feel bad for hijacking. Thx for the info in your other reply too.

I just googled foods that contain fluoride and get a pretty crazy list. I had no idea.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.