The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider In The Summer

The Magician

In the summer the Canucks are most likely if not 100% going to trade Schneider before draft day (As much as I hate him leaving) . Roloson (Tampa Bay) Is 40 something years old and this is his last season. That means Tampa needs a goalie. Im pretty sure they would love to pick up Schneider considering they have lots to offer. (They have Malone, Stamkos, St. Louis and lots of young talented players) I know Stamkos is most likely out of the question but couldn't we get someone with a lot of skill where we need it from Tampa Bay for Schneider? If not Tampa then Columbus for the 1st overall pick = Yakapov and he will have lots of value. Possible?

If we don't trade Schneider by July 1st Tampa Bay will throw an offer sheet at him, they will not need to make a trade with us. They have enough assets draft wise to make an offer we will have to refuse to match.

I'd take the Blue Jackets 1st overall pick for Schneider.

i would take the blue jackets 1st round because if we got yakupov and then called up schreoder(sp?) we could have the new WCE line

kassian=bertuzzi schreoder(sp?)=morrison yakupov=naslund and we also would still have scoring depth with kesler, booth, higgins, sedins(maybe), and others

Archived