Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.Doughty

Luongo In The Offseason

53 posts in this topic

So say Schneider outperforms Luongo in the postseason. Now, everyone, including management wants to keep Schneider as our starter. Should we buy out Luongo's contract in the offseason? How much would we have to pay?

• 2012-13: $195,467

• 2013-14: $195,467

• 2014-15: $195,467

• 2015-16: $195,467

• 2016-17: $195,467

• 2017-18: $195,467

• 2018-19: $3,527,467

• 2019-20: $5,291,467

• 2020-21: $5,909,467

• 2021-22: $5,909,467

• 2022-23: $1,576,133

• 2023-24: $1,576,133

• 2024-25: $1,576,133

• 2025-26: $1,576,133

• 2026-27: $1,576,133

• 2027-28: $1,576,133

• 2028-29: $1,576,133

• 2029-30: $1,576,133

• 2030-31: $1,576,133

• 2031-32: $1,576,133

Yeah, no thanks.

Scenario is not out of the question but Luo has had a renaissance year.

Even the great red head won't unseat Luo this year.

I am looking forward to when this madness stops.

Seriously, someone call the GVRD - there's something in the water out there!

Hey guys, new poster here in CDC just getting into the swing of things, so forgive me for any stupidity lol

I personally think it's a serious question to ask, chances are Luongo's staying. He's proven himself year after year despite the upsets. We KNOW this man can handle a full season of hockey and still pull off getting the team a playoff position while he's in between the pipes.

As where Schneider though showing promise, just isn't a certainty.. Don't get me wrong, i love Schneider and at times had my doubts with bobby Lou but I'm constantly reminded game after game why he's #1. Though with that being said, I'm comfortable with Schneider being #1 in the case that it happens mainly out of hope and faith in him to maintain his game throughout a whole season and maybe play off but nothing can be said for certain until it happens!

Hey guys, new poster here in CDC just getting into the swing of things, so forgive me for any stupidity lol

I personally think it's a serious question to ask, chances are Luongo's staying. He's proven himself year after year despite the upsets. We KNOW this man can handle a full season of hockey and still pull off getting the team a playoff position while he's in between the pipes.

As where Schneider though showing promise, just isn't a certainty.. Don't get me wrong, i love Schneider and at times had my doubts with bobby Lou but I'm constantly reminded game after game why he's #1. Though with that being said, I'm comfortable with Schneider being #1 in the case that it happens mainly out of hope and faith in him to maintain his game throughout a whole season and maybe play off but nothing can be said for certain until it happens!

So say Schneider outperforms Luongo in the postseason. Now, everyone, including management wants to keep Schneider as our starter. Should we buy out Luongo's contract in the offseason? How much would we have to pay?

If he ends up not being the starter ( i doubt it will happen)

but ask him to waive the no trade clause, we prob wont get the best return possible but it could be better then other options.

though i still think Schneids will get traded at the draft :(

Scenario is not out of the question but Luo has had a renaissance year.

Even the great red head won't unseat Luo this year.

I believe in Lu this year. I think he has matured a lot and is ready for the post season. I would argue that he is the most mentally prepared canuck. I mean, this guys mental toughness is second to none.

I just have a good feeling about luongo.

Yes, yes it is.  A buyout would be incredibly damaging to our cap situation for decades.  Even if Schneider were so amazing that we couldn't consider trading  him, Lu is still an elite goaltender with one of the most reasonable cap hits in the league at just 5.3.  The higher of his salary seasons will be behind him.  He'd make a very attractive trade piece were it something he and the organization wanted.  A buyout will not happen.

I believe in Lu this year. I think he has matured a lot and is ready for the post season. I would argue that he is the most mentally prepared canuck. I mean, this guys mental toughness is second to none.

I just have a good feeling about luongo.

You may have missed it, but there is some suggestion that there might be a "free" buyout in the new CBA, which would allow teams to basically dump one salary with no ongoing cap issues. This was done once before, I believe.