The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo In The Offseason

D.Doughty

Ummmm...no.

If Luongo is no longer the starter, I doubt he'll want to stay. And in that case, a team like Tampa would jump at the opportunity to land a proven starting goaltender. We may not get as big of a return as we would for Schneider, but we certainly wouldn't have to buy him out.

• 2012-13: $195,467

• 2013-14: $195,467

• 2014-15: $195,467

• 2015-16: $195,467

• 2016-17: $195,467

• 2017-18: $195,467

• 2018-19: $3,527,467

• 2019-20: $5,291,467

• 2020-21: $5,909,467

• 2021-22: $5,909,467

• 2022-23: $1,576,133

• 2023-24: $1,576,133

• 2024-25: $1,576,133

• 2025-26: $1,576,133

• 2026-27: $1,576,133

• 2027-28: $1,576,133

• 2028-29: $1,576,133

• 2029-30: $1,576,133

• 2030-31: $1,576,133

• 2031-32: $1,576,133

Yeah, no thanks.

Hey guys, new poster here in CDC just getting into the swing of things, so forgive me for any stupidity lol

I personally think it's a serious question to ask, chances are Luongo's staying. He's proven himself year after year despite the upsets. We KNOW this man can handle a full season of hockey and still pull off getting the team a playoff position while he's in between the pipes.

As where Schneider though showing promise, just isn't a certainty.. Don't get me wrong, i love Schneider and at times had my doubts with bobby Lou but I'm constantly reminded game after game why he's #1. Though with that being said, I'm comfortable with Schneider being #1 in the case that it happens mainly out of hope and faith in him to maintain his game throughout a whole season and maybe play off but nothing can be said for certain until it happens!

Hey guys, new poster here in CDC just getting into the swing of things, so forgive me for any stupidity lol

I personally think it's a serious question to ask, chances are Luongo's staying. He's proven himself year after year despite the upsets. We KNOW this man can handle a full season of hockey and still pull off getting the team a playoff position while he's in between the pipes.

As where Schneider though showing promise, just isn't a certainty.. Don't get me wrong, i love Schneider and at times had my doubts with bobby Lou but I'm constantly reminded game after game why he's #1. Though with that being said, I'm comfortable with Schneider being #1 in the case that it happens mainly out of hope and faith in him to maintain his game throughout a whole season and maybe play off but nothing can be said for certain until it happens!

I believe in Lu this year. I think he has matured a lot and is ready for the post season. I would argue that he is the most mentally prepared canuck. I mean, this guys mental toughness is second to none.

I just have a good feeling about luongo.

Yes, yes it is.  A buyout would be incredibly damaging to our cap situation for decades.  Even if Schneider were so amazing that we couldn't consider trading  him, Lu is still an elite goaltender with one of the most reasonable cap hits in the league at just 5.3.  The higher of his salary seasons will be behind him.  He'd make a very attractive trade piece were it something he and the organization wanted.  A buyout will not happen.

Archived