Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Video] This Is Our Home - Celebrate Responsibly

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#31 bostonscumbags

bostonscumbags

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

That's because we are.

Exhibit 1: CDC
Exhibit 2: Stanley Cup Riot(s)

AWESOME!!

#32 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Why is it such low quality? Only 360p... Come on Canucks, you can manage at least a 720p stream, this is silly. Its embarrassing to share!

#33 KiwiAd

KiwiAd

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Very clever, and hopefully effective :)
Canucks fan all the way in NZ !

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Nicely done!
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#35 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Steamer looking like he could still play.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#36 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Not that I agree with what the rioters did in an way, but they clearly weren't celebrating...

This is not about celebration. The city did celebrate responsibly for 24 out of the 25 days. And what you saw on the 25th day was a bunch of intoxicated teenagers taking out their frustration with mindless destruction and violence.

It's not the celebration we have a problem with, it's the dealing with losing that we clearly have a problem with. All they need to do is lock down the city if we reach an elimination game, that's the only time there's a risk of a riot.

Vancouver Police need to police responsibly and make sure that our city is safe is more like it.

Edited by DeNiro, 28 March 2012 - 01:37 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#37 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Not that I agree with what the rioters did in an way, but they clearly weren't celebrating...

This is not about celebration. The city did celebrate responsibly for 24 out of the 25 days. And what you saw on the 25th day was a bunch of intoxicated teenagers taking out their frustration with mindless destruction and violence.

It's not the celebration we have a problem with, it's the dealing with losing that we clearly have a problem with. All they need to do is lock down the city if we reach an elimination game, that's the only time there's a risk of a riot.

Vancouver Police need to police responsibly and make sure that our city is safe is more like it.

Actually most of the rioters were in their 20 to mid 20's, grown a$$ adults , I think regardless of what the outcome would have been the rioters would still have rioted, these idiots came with an agenda...If any of these idiots have half a brain they wouldn't even think about about touching a piece of glass this season after seeing the amount of people that got busted and exposed after the riot.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#38 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Great initiative from the Canuck's organisation and players.
Didn't have to do this but kudos to them for sending the message.

What I am upset at is the City of Vancouver tuesday's celebrations announcements.
What a bunch of crap. Why shouldn't I be aloud to celebrate responsibly of the success of the vancouver Canucks with other fans.

The satire thread ""buzzkill For The Canucks' Next Shot At The Cup" - Globe And Mail" was not too far off from what city officials have decided to do. It is shamefull that city officials are not acknowledging the poor handling of last year events.
Shame on the Ciy of Vancouver Mayor and Police Chief.

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#39 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Actually most of the rioters were in their 20 to mid 20's, grown a$$ adults , I think regardless of what the outcome would have been the rioters would still have rioted, these idiots came with an agenda...If any of these idiots have half a brain they wouldn't even think about about touching a piece of glass this season after seeing the amount of people that got busted and exposed after the riot.

Sorry, I should have just said younger people. They all looked like teenagers by the way they were acting.

And I don't agree that people would have rioted if we won. I've heard people say that and I think it's wrong.

People would have been so ecstatic that there's no way they would have smashed stuff and burnt cars. That's just not something you do out of happiness, that's something you do out of anger. And I think people are more likely to just sit back and let destruction like that happen if they're angry themselves.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#40 CanucksLegacy

CanucksLegacy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Canucks organization just keeps adding reasons as to why I love them so much. Outstanding. Go Canucks Go!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Sorry, I should have just said younger people. They all looked like teenagers by the way they were acting.

And I don't agree that people would have rioted if we won. I've heard people say that and I think it's wrong.

People would have been so ecstatic that there's no way they would have smashed stuff and burnt cars. That's just not something you do out of happiness, that's something you do out of anger. And I think people are more likely to just sit back and let destruction like that happen if they're angry themselves.

Haha, True...and I respect your opinion, but to me. even if we had won theirs always that 1 idiot that will do something stupid and other drunken idiots will follow...which I think is how the riot started in the first place...I'm more choked about how I think the atmosphere will suck this year with out any screens and special restrictions installed thanks to those douche bag because besides that 1 night I had a blast DT.

Edited by nux4lyfe, 28 March 2012 - 02:06 PM.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#42 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Great video!

I just don't like the tag-line: "Please Celebrate Responsibly"

Sounds too close to alcohol advertisements' disclaimer: "Please drink responsibly"

#43 six-0h-four-

six-0h-four-

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Instead of "This Is Our Home" they should have entitled it "IF WE MAKE IT TO THE FINALS DON'T YOU F!@#$%^ RIOT AGAIN!"
Follow me @CurtisEastman on Twitter.

#44 majordowner

majordowner

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

This is a great move by the Canucks. Personally I think they should just build a wall around Surrey to keep them idiots from getting downtown.

#45 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

This is so embarrassing. We have the privilege of living in the most beautiful place on Earth, and cheer for a fantastic hockey team. But then a bunch of douchebags take advantage of a massive, inebriated, disappointed crowd to start a riot for no reason other than 'Hurr durr anarchy, I am getting a stupid ???? political message about nothing across."

Now our beloved team has to tell us not to go act like spoiled children over a game.

I hate the rioters so much.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#46 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

People riot over victories more than losses. And when you have people there with the explicit intention of starting a riot, with a crowd that large there will be a riot.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#47 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Instead of "This Is Our Home" they should have entitled it "IF WE MAKE IT TO THE FINALS DON'T YOU F!@#$%^ RIOT AGAIN!"

lol...

#48 : }

: }

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

anyone else get crazy shivers . . ? PLAYOFF TIME %T^&* :bigblush:
Posted Image

#49 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

good stuff

#50 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

too bad the only people watching this video, are the ones who wouldnt riot in the first place

#51 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,240 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Wow its sucha stupid and pointless message to send, just like dont drink and drive, but then I remember that some people are stupid and selfish enough to do such things.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#52 d.joh91

d.joh91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Remember how no one rioted after the '82 SCF? That's because despite being eliminated, it wasn't in the final game of the series. In fact, we got swept.

The only time I see there being a risk of a riot is after game 7 of the SCF like it was in '94 and just recently in '11.

Those intoxicated Surrey kids weren't taking out their frustration of losing, they had a specific agenda, and they were going to vandalize regardless of the outcome..

But I agree that it's not celebrating we have an issue with, rather how we handle a disappointing loss.

Posted Image

#19 Markus Näslund

Forever a Canuck

#53 Berto91

Berto91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

I cannot wait to call Vancouver my home. I loved this video, although I thought the outtakes were brilliant! ::D
100th Post: Friday 2nd July '10 :)

Vintage.Kesler, on 30 September 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:
Lol, tailored for a T-REX.

View PostLiving Rapture, on 31 January 2011 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure CDC just collectively orgasmed at the thought of CoHo getting recalled lol

#54 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

This is a good idea by the Canucks. Keep VanCity intact this spring. Hopefully it makes a difference!

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#55 StutterStep

StutterStep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Celebrate responsibly because we're going to win :P
Limits like fears are often just an illusion

#56 Yoshiki_lai81

Yoshiki_lai81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

just set up all the road blocks and skytrain stations coming from maple ridge and surrey... :bigblush:

great video, love bieksa~

#57 next luongo

next luongo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

It would really suck if we didnt win a single game

#58 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Ok,it's a minor effort to avert disaster that should be pre empted by proper deterrence such as security and policing.

Implementing policies in conjuction with the city,private security and police corps might actually provide public safety.

A video looks nice,but what will it ultimately do to quell alcohol and drug addicted people looking for an opportunity to care less during a public opportunity for destruction?

Put some cash into security, Canucks.org. This video is not going to sway the behaviour of alcohl and drug driven idiots.

#59 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

It just seems a little to cheesy
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#60 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

anyone else get crazy shivers . . ? PLAYOFF TIME %T^&* :bigblush:

Nope , Last years team had a special feeling about it all season long but this years team seems to be missing something and is not firing on all cylinders.

As much as i hope im wrong i just dont see a long playoff run this year
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.